[ROM][GT-P6810][JB 4.1.2][ODIN][Stock Rooted MD3]

Search This thread

ericshliao

Nov 19, 2006
I have wifi 2.4G and 5G network and both can be connected with official ICS4.0.4. With JB4.1.2, I can only see wifi 2.4G network.

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Is it compatible with bodivas' modified ROM? IIRC, the magic string must be exact the same for kernel module to work. Could somebody upload the two files (nls_utf8.ko and cifs.ko) for me to try? Thanx.

Shame, shame on you. You didn't even bother to read the kernel thread OP ! If you had even read the OP you would know the answer...... If you can't be bothered with that, don't expect anyone to spoon-feed you with help......

Edit: Although not in OP, also for use with SkyHigh P6810 ROM. But anyone would have realized that if read the ROM or kernel thread. Also, I need to include the RAM L2 speed increase in OP (omitted 133>160). If anyone has issues (after following issues & installation instructions, just flash the previous stable version).

I told you, the modules are complied "in-built". They are not loadable. :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

I have wifi 2.4G and 5G network and both can be connected with official ICS4.0.4. With JB4.1.2, I can only see wifi 2.4G network.

A common issue with some and been reported on P6800.

Sometimes a full wipe of system, preload, cache, data, internal sdcard (back up first) followed immediately by ROM flash has helped. Some not.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColBill

ericshliao

Nov 19, 2006
What I need is loadable kernel module, not built-in module. You don't even know that. Perhaps the shame is on you, not on me. At least, from your talking, I only see rudeness on YOU.
:laugh:

Stop bugging me, please.
Any help from anybody with Internet politeness are welcome. I don't need help from arrogant people.

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Y
What I need is loadable kernel module, not built-in module. You don't even know that. Perhaps the shame is on you, not on me. At least, from your talking, I only see rudeness on YOU.
:laugh:

Stop bugging me, please.
Any help from anybody with Internet politeness are welcome. I don't need help from arrogant people.

You asked if kernel was compatible ! RE-READ YOUR POST.

Rule of XDA is SEARCH before posting. I can't help out if you are too lazy to do this? Please tell us the reason why you couldn't be bothered, or should I just bring the shovel for you?

You don't deserve help if you can't do yourself the courtesy of helping yourself !

SUGGEST : compile your own kernel modules. I have said TWICE now that there is ONLY in-built modules available in my kernel (edit: or anywhere)...... get it ?? They won't magically appear and I'm not going to do it...... get it now??

Geez, "Rudeness" of Noobs failing to search and read themselves or know it all......

Edit: we don't need lazy Noobs in development section. Post in Q&A instead.

Last edited:

ericshliao

Nov 19, 2006
I don't need anything from you.
I still need the two modules. Thanx to any people other than you can provdie the two modules.

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
I don't need anything from you.
I still need the two modules. Thanx to any people other than you can provdie the two modules.

Why post in this thread? It's ROM development, NOT kernel.

Modules are compiled by KERNEL from source. NOTHING to do with ROM.

As I said, post in correct Q&A section ! But apparently, that's too difficult, same as the reading and searching........

ericshliao

Nov 19, 2006
Why post in this thread? It's ROM development, NOT kernel.

Modules are compiled by KERNEL from source. NOTHING to do with ROM.

As I said, post in correct Q&A section ! But apparently, that's too difficult, same as the reading and searching........

I don't think there is anything wrong to ask for compiled modules compatible with this ROM right in this thread. If you think it's wrong, report this post to the moderator. I will respect the moderator's decision. Since you are not a moderator, leave me alone.

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
I don't think there is anything wrong to ask for compiled modules compatible with this ROM right in this thread. If you think it's wrong, report this post to the moderator. I will respect the moderator's decision. Since you are not a moderator, leave me alone.

You also asked if the kernel was compatible, but you failed to search, but I still answered and gave you option. I explained about compiling modules......

So far, there is no other option, so follow some guides (search for them) and compile your own.

If you showed the correct attitude expected in a XDA development section, I might have taken some of my personal time to compile loadable modules for you. But that won't happen from me now.

I don't think it's wrong, I know it is it. I compile kernel a thousand times and cooked many ROMs. I know the difference, apparently you still don't.

As requested, I have already reported your posts. ;)

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
Enough with the spam and the arguments, if you want to fight about who has "the shame" do it by private messages or out of xda. It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong, the fact is that you are cluttering this thread with useless posts.

Please don't continue this.

Thank you.

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Enough with the spam and the arguments, if you want to fight about who has "the shame" do it by private messages or out of xda. It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong, the fact is that you are cluttering this thread with useless posts.

Please don't continue this.

Thank you.

Agree totally. The question had been answered.

Reactions: el_campi

ericshliao

Nov 19, 2006
To be honest, I don't see any useful answer to my question.
;)

In the end, I reverted back to official 4.0.4 because the system crashed and rebooted when I was using Google Play Music.
I don't know the reason for the crash. Maybe I removed some important apk in /system/app. FYI.

teto84

Dec 24, 2012
Rome
I've installed this rom and now in the notification side is displayed the message "software update" but when I try to do it and I select a country (I've tried with Italy and UK) the process always fail. Any solutions?

Sent from my GT-P6810 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1428071096098.jpg
    1428071096098.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 340
  • 1428071110823.jpg
    1428071110823.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 336

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all!
    I bought yesterday P6810..
    Here i ported full stock official 4.1.2 from P6800 for P6810
    Flash with Odin PC or MobileOdin (i repacked stock kernel & recovery, so the counter is ticking., with MobileOdin-no)
    Rom is absolutely stock
    Auto-Full Wipe (will delete all your data, settings and formats the internal memory)
    Good flash!

Added:
    -Root (SuperSu)
    -Auto factory reset
    -Multilanguage Keyboard Samsung (you can add any language)
    -Flashplayer
    -Full screen
    -Screen filter
    -Simple image

Download Full Wipe Stock Odex Rooted P6810 4.1.2

Download Multiwindows Stock Deodex Rooted P6810 4.1.2 (after flash this Rom, in recovery, need to do wipe data / factory reset)

If you want CRT effect on multwindow rom, flash my compiled stock kernel (or SkyHigh Kernel):
    View attachment Stock_CRT_P6810_kernel_4_1_2.tar.zip

Credits:
    -Chainfire
    -Morloc2
    -THEDEVIOUS1
    -UpInTheAir
    -yurasik park
    For those wanting to see a custom kernel for this puppy....

Just returned home from 2 months away and have (hopefully) successfully re-setup my build environment. Send ok ATM.

Just complied a test SkyHigh kernel and unsure if it will even boot yet. When have time, Will be flashing the ROM port later today and hopefully the compiled kernel will boot. Fingers crossed :)

Edit: first attempt is bootloop !

Edit 2: going back to ICS to check a try compile to see if it's the build/compile process......

Edit 3: Some partial success. Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to compile the P6800 v3.8.0 kernel into our P6810 JB port without bootloop. (maybe a mount issue somewhere?). Anyway, just to prove my build envirnoment is sound, I compiled a absolutley stock test kernel from P6800 sources (with bodivas initramfs mount point changes) with SUCCESS. This means that if I can't use my previous P6800 sources, I have to start this kernel development from the beginning. If this is the case, it will take a little time, but you will see a release in a few days time.

Just keep an eye out for a new kernel thread in the development section !

test1_Screenshot_2013-11-09-06-09-24.png

Edit 4
    : Yeah :) Better news !!

Have most of v3.8.0 kenel ported for our P6810 SkyHigh kernel. As I suspected, there is a mount issue in the intramfs, possibly the vold mod??? I can start to narrow things down later. In the meantime, I will re-compile a RC beta very soon. I'm just a bit tired, but my mood is on the upswing ;) The beta will have most of the P6800 options, but exFAT, some tweaking, custom bootanimation & boot sound support etc missing for now.

STAY TUNED !!

Custom Kernel Available

>>> [KERNEL] ROOT [09 Nov] [P6810 JB 4.1.2] SkyHigh Kernel [1.0.0] <<<

Thanks to bodivas for the initramfs mount point suggestion :good:

Still lots to do, and a few bugs to take care. But it's working well !!

Cheers,

UITA
    Yes... The only thing that is still present is the icon to toggle mobile data in the quick settings bar...
    I'm tired of fighting that icon:rolleyes:

I did the firmware deodexed multi windows / languages, after flash (with Odin), in recovery, need to do wipe data / factory reset (added rom in first page)
    Download
    View attachment 2364582View attachment 2364583View attachment 2364584
    Thanks for your work.

But I've noticed something using GSAM Battery Monitor. There seems to be a problem with the phone radio, which shouldnt happen as the p6810 is a Wi-fi only tablet. But does because we are using a rom that was originally intended for the p6800.

Even with the Airplane Mode On, the phone radio was still consuming some battery power. About 10% of the battery drainage was due to that phone radio, according to GSAM battery monitor.

So, for everyone using that rom, i advice you to delete the phone apk that can be found in

preload/symlink/system/app/secphone.apk

After deleting it and rebooting the tablet, that battery waste will be no more.

So hopefully, deleting that apk should increase the battery life of our tablet.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, it will be done .. You must clear in system/app/secphone.apk too (so that annoying icon disappears:victory:)
    Screenshot_2013-10-31-19-05-19.jpg

Will post the new rooted multilanguage firmware UI06 and the Instruction of how to unlock function call for similar japonese Docomo tablet 7.7 SC-01E

Edit: I posted guide how to unlock the ability to make and receive calls for Docomo SC-01E here