[NC][1.2][1.3] ManualNooter 4.6.16

650 posts
Thanks Meter: 517

By GabrialDestruir, Senior Member on 28th April 2011, 04:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2011, 05:21 PM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QUOTE=From with in the App folder press Menu > More > Mount > Read/Write. Then long press on vending.apk. From pop up menu select File Tasks(?) > Rename. Reboot. Repeat. This is from memory so its not 100% exact but procedure is correct.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I installed File Expert, but I do not see any options to Mount.

1st June 2011, 05:23 PM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Wow! Great information. Got the file, etc. Is this supposed to fix WiFi based location? My Location button on Maps and my weather program continue to request activating GPS in System settings--obviously not possible with the Nook.

Thanks for you help...Much appreciated.
1st June 2011, 05:37 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikercr

Wow! Great information. Got the file, etc. Is this supposed to fix WiFi based location? My Location button on Maps and my weather program continue to request activating GPS in System settings--obviously not possible with the Nook.

Thanks for you help...Much appreciated.

No problem. It does not fix the "my location" option; it lets the app install and work, but it cannot find you. I have not seen a "my location" fix yet for stock 1.2. Then my NC, OC'd to 1.1gHz, would be *perfect*.

. . . until I break it again while trying to fix it.
1st June 2011, 05:45 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anymoose

No problem. It does not fix the "my location" option; it lets the app install and work, but it cannot find you. I have not seen a "my location" fix yet for stock 1.2. Then my NC, OC'd to 1.1gHz, would be *perfect*.

. . . until I break it again while trying to fix it.

FAKEGPS 'fixes' the location problem.

OOPS! I 'know' that FakeGPS 'used' to work ... perhaps with 4.5.6???? I only use Phiremod 6.3 and/or MN and since Phiremod has no problems with location I must have used it with 4.5.6. However, I'm NOT going back from 4.5.25 because all is working (except location).
AND, Yes, FakeGPS is a 'spoof' but it is better than nothing since some apps REQUIRE location.
1st June 2011, 06:12 PM |#1005  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy

Unable to find this apk on Market, App-Brain, etc. Any links?
1st June 2011, 07:32 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Be warned though, it doesn't work for all programs...

Search for it with google...

http://www.appbrain.com/app/fake-gps...m.lexa.fakegps
1st June 2011, 07:44 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Fake GPS doesn't really fix the My Location problem - it allows you to manually create spoofed location points, but does not allow the Nook Color to be "found". I (personally) do not find it to be helpful -- maybe if I did not have my EVO 4G as a backup!
1st June 2011, 07:59 PM |#1008  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseus9t6

Be warned though, it doesn't work for all programs...

Search for it with google...

http://www.appbrain.com/app/fake-gps...m.lexa.fakegps

Doesn't appear for me. Could it have been taken down by Google as a malicious app? They removed a bunch of these 2 or 3 days ago.
1st June 2011, 08:00 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I got my NC rooted with MN. Question is if I want if I want to sell my NC, will deregistering wipe and delete root access.

Also how can I overclock? Setcpu? If so, any particular settings that work fine. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
1st June 2011, 09:10 PM |#1010  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehdawg

Updated to 4.5.25 from 4.5.6 and it worked perfectly!

- I had the boot loop issue when I tried to install Flash 10.3 with 4.5.6, but under the advice of someone else. I renamed the flash 10.1 and then installed and it worked fine.

- calendar is now syncing and the market place is updated!!!

Thank you to all who have worked to make this happen.

What did you do to get your calendar to sync? I can't find any sync settings.

Edit: I downloaded Calendar Pad from the market (great app that I have been using on my phone for a while) and it immediately synced with Google Calendar without me doing anything (other than prior login to Google). I was never able to get the calendar app in the app drawer (that I think came with MN) to work.
1st June 2011, 10:35 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Okay - question for GabrielDestruir and GMPOWER on this one...

I asked over on the thread that gmpower started for his fix for market installation errors whether the code had been released so Dalingrin could do an updated OC kernel and Dalingrin said that he had already addressed this in his first .32 release.

Now, there were 3 fixes in the latest MN here - calendar sync, error 18 for market installs, and new market FCs. When I look at the MN zip, I see framework changes, apk changes, and, of course, the kernel.

So, the question to you guys who can answer is this: was the kernel change in this release only to support the market installation error and, if so, does that mean that someone could simply drop dal's last stock OC kernel on top of the latest MN and lose nothing?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)