Verizon 4g LTE Tab - Netflix Working

Search This thread

marksnet

Aug 24, 2010
Chipley, Fl
Thanks for the afternoon humor, I was not intending to offend, merely trying to ensure folks like me out there whom are parsing for fixes and suggestions aren't performing unnecessary steps and jeopardizing their hardware anymore than necessary. Cheers

No problem im sarcastic. I can take it lol.

If at first i dont succeed, i wipe. Just my policy developed after waisting hours on tweaks and then ending up wiping anyway.

So my rule, 1 chance tablet or im kocking yer ass.

Cheers

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike21222
D

Deleted member 4296450

Can anyone tell me if this will disable the OTA updates? I don't want to take the chance of an OTA update bricking my device.

alenzini

Jul 14, 2003
Lexington, KY
Can anyone tell me if this will disable the OTA updates? I don't want to take the chance of an OTA update bricking my device.

If you have the Verizon version I don't think you have to worry :) There are no OTA updates and I haven't even heard of a leaked or rumored one.

I'm only kidding, I'm sure someone has a real answer to your question. Actually I'm frustrated because I liked TouchWiz on my Wifi only version :(

Why are all these people afraid of rooting their device? And so many seem to indicate issues with bootloader.

Let me state clearly - I own a Verizon Galaxy Tab 10.1 -

1. Bootloader is NOT locked. There's NO NEED to use Odin or do anything with bootloader whatsoever. It is UNLOCKED. This is also true after the most recent update that was pushed out about a month ago.

2. Rooting is as simple as copying the tiny root app .zip file to the SD card and booting into maintenance mode and installing it. It takes like 45 seconds and does not make any radical system changes - just installs the Superuser app.

I think it must be people's lack of experience + fear that causes them to invent all these nonexistent issues which is sad because they misinform others and instill FUD with their posts.

joelstitch

Jan 29, 2012
Minneapolis
Would this also work with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 from Verizon (SCH-I800)?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Remember to google! All I did was search for Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root (2).zip and it came up right away

www.mediafire.com/?3ylikim2h31ikvs

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

keymaster911

Dec 14, 2011
Binghamton NY
I just bought the verizon samsung tab 2 7.0 sch-i705.. Does anyone know if this will work on it.. I would love to get the bloatware off of it.. I been seaching on the internet for a root for this thing and can't found nothing.. Verizon sells them out right. We should have full respect to let use delete there crap from it.. So if some one can help me out.. That would be great..

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Would this also work with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 from Verizon (SCH-I800)?

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Remember to google! All I did was search for Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root (2).zip and it came up right away

www.mediafire.com/?3ylikim2h31ikvs

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I try flash this. Signature failed.. Wont work for me.

Sent from my SCH-i705

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, nothing in this post is my own work. I just wanted to compile the information for everyone else who is surely wanting to know if the 4g LTE tab can run Netflix.

Step 1 - Root:

1. Download the file from THIS THREAD POST to your Tab10.1 (anywhere should work, I went with the /sdcard folder on my tab)

2. Power Down Tab

3. Power On and when you see the Samsung Text Hold Power + Volume UP (From This Post)

4. Select the Android+Box (Volume up to switch, then volume down to select)

5. Chose "apply update from /sdcard" and select the .zip file you downloaded in step 1 (When finished, the tab will automatically reboot).

6. Verify Root - You should see SuperUser in your apps when your tab finishes rebooting.

Step 2 - Asus Transformer Patch

1. Download the Transformer Patch from THIS THREAD

2. Install Patch - I chose to use Root Explorer to manually move the libnvomx.so file into my /system/lib folder, but you could also reboot into recovery and apply the .zip file that way instead (steps 2-5 above).

3. Reboot - If you manually move the .so file you will need to reboot, using the recovery it should reboot for you when finished.

4. Watch Movies

If anyone has trouble with this Please Do Not Email Me :)

I am really not a pro at troubleshooting, I was just willing to take a shot at rooting and found out that it worked. Hopefully this will ease other people's minds about getting root and netflix on your Verizon Tab 10.1

Also it is worth mentioning that I did all of this without using ODIN or KIES or ADB Shell or any of those other scary things. I chose not to try to install Rom Manager of Flash Clockwork Recovery as I had heard they may cause troubles.
    i use an unlocked (no sim) sch-i905, so i don't know if it makes a difference, but this is what i did to get netflix working without rooting.

this is the netflix apk i used:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1177969

1. copy the transformer patch on to /sdcard/
    2. turn off the galaxy tab
    3. press and hold the power button
    4. once the samsung logo appears press and hold volume up
    5. let go of the buttons once the android icons appear
    6. android icon with downloading... text will be blinking, press volume up to move the blinking to the left to the box icon with the arrow
    7. press volume down to select that. now we're in the android system recovery menu
    8. press volume down to move selected text to 'apply update from /sdcard'
    9. press power button to select that option
    10. use the volume down button to scroll down to the transformer update zip
    11. press the power button to select that zip
    12. let android start up
    13. install the netflix apk
    14. watch netflix videos

this only applies the transformer patch and does not root the device, because at current, i'm not interested in having root.
    This worked flawlessly on my brand new VZW Tab 10.1. I had been considering returning it. you saved me a load of frustration and probably a few bucks. I was very nervous about rooting a "with accessories and shipping" $700 device. Now I have it doing everything I need thanks to your easy instructions.
    Mike

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Thanks, it's working fine. One question. Is it safe to do the updates, whenever I start Netflix now it says there's an update, and I fought so hard to get it to work, that I'm nervous to try the update without asking.
    Mike

Update version of Netflix (1.4).
    The link from step 1 is broken. Can you please upload a new copy?

The link to the exploit file is now working in the linked post. Thanks.
    Does the new apk 1.4 require root on the lte tablet or is this for wifi only?

no root required. i have the 4G LTE Tablet.