[Q] Heimdall - "Claiming Interface Failed!"

Search This thread

Dirty Rolex

Feb 17, 2015
FIXED

it’s because you – like me – have used the Samsung Kies software, which you should uninstall at once, but as it adds some offending kernel extensions, you also must unload such extensions:

A. launch Terminal
B. get root and unload extensions:

sudo sh -
kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungComposite
kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMData
kextunload -b com.devguru.driver.SamsungACMControl

IF YOU WANT TO THANK ME ADD ME ON FACEBOOK AND FOLLOW ME
DIJON JACOB MATATUA HEREMAIA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I've solved this problem...

I am trying to use Heimdall to flash a kernel to my ET4G, but running into a problem. It is able to detect my device, but when I use the flash command I get the following message:

Initialising connection...
    Detecting device...
    Claiming interface...
    ERROR: Claiming interface failed!

This is Heimdall 1.3.0, OSX 10.7.1

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

I think I've solved this problem.

Check my blog post here: http: //scottwallacesh.blogspot.com/2012/03/getting-heimdall-to-work-on-your-mac.html
    For what it is worth, heimdall and heimdall-frontend from 64bit Linux, using the official packages off the website yields this:
    Code:
    # heimdall flash --repartition --pit s1_odin_20100512.pit --factoryfs factoryfs.rfs --cache cache.rfs --dbdata dbdata.rfs --primary-boot boot.bin --secondary-boot Sbl.bin --param param.lfs --kernel zImage --modem modem.bin
    Heimdall v1.3.1, Copyright (c) 2010-2011, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna

This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
    encouraged.

If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
    development please consider donating:

Initialising connection...
    Detecting device...
    Claiming interface...
    Setting up interface...
    ERROR: Setting up interface failed!

I will keep digging around for solutions but I am fresh out of ideas. It detects the device, claims the interface and errors out in the setting up from what the output says.
    I was having the same "claiming interface error" and so I tried reinstalling as suggested in one of the posts. When I reinstalled, I noticed a message saying /System/Library/Extensions/Heimdall.kext wasn't properly installed, so after the installation completed, I restarted and deleted the kext file then reinstalled. After that, everything worked correctly.
    I ended up just rooting through Odin; installed VMWare on my iMac, and used Odin to root it..took all of 5 minutes!

my new phone, the Galaxy Note

show off :D