ICS is live!

Search This thread

AndroidCraig

Jun 10, 2011
Stupid question, but are you in fastboot? It should say "fastboot USB" or something like that.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

Thanks, that got me relocked. But now I am not seeing the ota push. I also can't boot into recovery (I have amon-ra). To flash a stock recovery.

Do I need stock recovery to flash the RUU?

I am totally frustrated at this point. I want my ICS.

xrock80

Sep 6, 2011
Very weird, but it took some doing to get mine going. The short of it is I was on 605.5 (Scott's ICS), Bootloader 2.11, un-locked, rooted, stock radios.

I had soft bricked the phone because I was trying to go back to stock GB using the RUU method, which wiped the phone but failed to load the system. At this point, I had no way to get into recovery or to data wipe. So, hoping it would work, I downloaded the 599MB PH98IMG.zip file.

After loading the .zip to the SD card, I had to go through the hBoot sequence twice to get all the files and system updated, moved the .zip off the root, go through recovery 3 times... 1st time, phone shut down and didn't restart, 2nd time it went to the red triangle ! screen, and I had to manually cycle the power (battery pull) to get back to recovery, 3rd time, phone power cycled and then it finally booted to ICS, everything updated.

All is now well.

bjcoenen

Feb 13, 2011
Wisconsin
So i ran the RUU for ICS through the bootloader (i am s-off). After I booted into the stock OTA, I flashed my TWRP recovery and then restored my nandroid of NeoMax 1.6 i had made just before flashing the RUU. So my question is does restoring my nandroid I made before flashing the RUU wipe out my flash of the official ruu putting me back where i was before i flashed the latest ICS RUU? any clarification would be really great. I basically just wanted to get back to having my phone and rom set up how i liked it because i am so sick of doing it over and over again. Also, would restoring only certain parts of my nandroid in TWRP change anything? Thanks again for any help

kzoodroid

Jun 27, 2010
Kalamazoo
So i ran the RUU for ICS through the bootloader (i am s-off). After I booted into the stock OTA, I flashed my TWRP recovery and then restored my nandroid of NeoMax 1.6 i had made just before flashing the RUU. So my question is does restoring my nandroid I made before flashing the RUU wipe out my flash of the official ruu putting me back where i was before i flashed the latest ICS RUU? any clarification would be really great. I basically just wanted to get back to having my phone and rom set up how i liked it because i am so sick of doing it over and over again. Also, would restoring only certain parts of my nandroid in TWRP change anything? Thanks again for any help

Yes you are right back to where you were before you flashed the RUU. I'm not familar with TWRP but I thought restoring a nandroid was all or nothing, at least that's been my experience.

AndroidCraig

Jun 10, 2011
Just got back from VZW store and they are sending me a new Rez. They could not get the phone to do anything other than go into the bootloader. No Factory Reset, no recovery, just stock GB or bootloader.

SIGH...

I've tried the RUU flash to no avail either. It seems to start checking the PH98IMG.zip file and then goes back to bootloader menu.

Any Ideas?

Hag77

Feb 28, 2011

Yes you are right back to where you were before you flashed the RUU. I'm not familar with TWRP but I thought restoring a nandroid was all or nothing, at least that's been my experience.

Pretty sure that's not accurate. For example, I was on the old ics leak from like 5 months ago or whatever. When I did the new ruu today it upgraded my radios, etc. Then I loaded back my nandroid backup of newts one xxx rom. I still have the new radios, so I'm not back to where I started..

altvisionx

Mar 22, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Just got s-off today :)D) so i can now go through and flash just the .img that i want now? is that how you install just radio, kernel, etc...?

Also coming from 3.14.605.10 firmware which files should be updated to OTA?

apophis9283

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Just got back from VZW store and they are sending me a new Rez. They could not get the phone to do anything other than go into the bootloader. No Factory Reset, no recovery, just stock GB or bootloader.

SIGH...

I've tried the RUU flash to no avail either. It seems to start checking the PH98IMG.zip file and then goes back to bootloader menu.

Any Ideas?

make sure its not a .zip inside of a .zip

andrix10

Feb 11, 2011
California
Does any one have the radios only? I dont want to flash the whole ota, just the radios and/or firmware

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

HowardZ

Apr 6, 2012

SIGH...

Any Ideas?

First thing to try is to delete or rename the PH98IMG.ZIP file from your micro sd card. Put the card in a pc to rename it. If your pc doesnt have a card reader, then just keep the card out of the phone for now. I don't think the bootloader can do anything if it sees this file. You may have a bad zip file, and the bootloader won't do anything but reboot or try to install the zip file.

I also suggest you install the stock gb recovery.

connect phone to pc via USB

download the stock recovery IMG file
http://db.tt/7X1BdpgR

flash the stock recovery IMG file using the correct fastboot command.

fastboot flash recovery recovery_signed.IMG
fastboot reboot

the reboot command is important, don't skip it.

Last edited:
Reactions: taco_man

AndroidCraig

Jun 10, 2011
I suggest you install the stock gb recovery.

connect phone to pc via USB

download the stock recovery IMG file
http://db.tt/7X1BdpgR

flash the stock recovery IMG file using the correct fastboot command.

fastboot flash recovery recovery_signed.IMG
fastboot reboot

the reboot command is important, don't skip it.

Thanks. Got it and Got ICS. YAY.....

How can I root this so I can restore my data and Apps from TiBackup?

AndroidCraig

Jun 10, 2011
Ok, I managed to get unlocked via the All-in-one toolkit. But when I try and flash AmonRa, I get the response that it wrote the recovery, but then when I try and get into recovery I just get the stock recovery.

It says Tampered above the Unlocked could this be a cause?

Is there another way of flashing AmonRa and SU?

Last edited:

ae1990

Jan 6, 2012
rancho cucamonga
Ok, I managed to get unlocked via the All-in-one toolkit. But when I try and flash AmonRa, I get the response that it wrote the recovery, but then when I try and get into recovery I just get the stock recovery.

It says Tampered above the Unlocked could this be a cause?

Is there another way of flashing AmonRa and SU?

You can flash using the all in one to kit orrrr after your flash among ra through fastboot run the fast boot reboot command and then reboot recovery

roblopes

Mar 29, 2010
Redondo Beach CA
This was an odd one. Even though HBOOT said S-ON, I still ran fastboot oem lock and got this message after:
c:\Users\rob\Downloads\android>fastboot oem lock
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
(bootloader) TZ_HTC_SVC_DISABLE ret = 134086000 (0x7FDFD70)
FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.937s
Then PH98DIAG.zip wrong image or invalid showed up again along with the PH98DIAG.nbh (can't read that small ext). The imaged continued (as you stated) and in pink the top line of HBOOT said RELOCKED.
Thanks!

Top Liked Posts