4. flash ROM
  5. flash Gapps
  6. reboot
downloads-4.png

Download HERE http://forum.aokp.co/

My test builds.

AOKP Jelly Bean Nightlies.

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Me
Donate to Romann
Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Jonathan Grigg
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

submit features or report bugs here

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.

Build 1 updated to jts latest tree changes, updated to aokp jb build 1 frameworks, and tossed in the lockscreen target stuff i've been working on. Its a WIP some please dont fill this thread with the lockscreen targets are to big or I would like this change stuff. I just wanted to see how they look and work on an hdpi device. Please dont make me regret putting it in this build for you.

Thanks goes out to JT, Sbrissen, Romann, Sixstring, TKGlitch, Efpophis and more may be added.

Last edited:

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Build 1 (unoffical) up with all jts partition stuff and as a bonus the custom lockscreen targets ive been working on. they are still in the works im just testing them on an hdpi device please dont fill the thread if you find a bug in them.... and read the op... later guys. Oh and for now im putting mez and show on hold so feel free to port to them.

also im uploading the gapps im using wait until they are 105.7 mb to dl!

I just wanted to keep this post...

Aesrys

Apr 5, 2012
Thanks for the new build, i'm definitely looking forward to trying it. One question, did you (re)move the gapps file you mentioned in the OP? I saw it while it was uploading earlier, but don't see it now.

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
So I'm gchatting with Steve right now. He said the upload of the gapps package failed, so he nuked it temporarily so no one would get a corrupt download. He asked me to post this information on his behalf.

For now, use the gapps package hosted on the official aokp site, and also linked here:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Good luck.

Aesrys

Apr 5, 2012
So I'm gchatting with Steve right now. He said the upload of the gapps package failed, so he nuked it temporarily so no one would get a corrupt download. He asked me to post this information on his behalf.

For now, use the gapps package hosted on the official aokp site, and also linked here:

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip

Good luck.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if we should use that one since Steve said his was 100+ MB, which is a different size from the 7/26 gapps.

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thanks. Wasn't sure if we should use that one since Steve said his was 100+ MB, which is a different size from the 7/26 gapps.

Yeah, I don't know what the difference in sizes is all about. But .. according to Steve, the aokp ones I posted should be just fine - anything that was unique to the ones he was trying to post should already be fixed in the aokp link.

Hope that made sense .. need moar coffee.

Reactions: Aesrys

Aesrys

Apr 5, 2012
What radio are you guys using for the best GPS lock? Out here in the cornfield my GPS doesn't always want to lock. Any help is greatly appreciated...

From my experience, what radio you use really depends on your area (but I could be wrong). I have more luck overall with EC09, but I bet you'd find examples of others saying EH03 works better for them.

fulaman

Jan 2, 2011
From my experience, what radio you use really depends on your area (but I could be wrong). I have more luck overall with EC09, but I bet you'd find examples of others saying EH03 works better for them.

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but any noticeable bugs in this build?

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I don't want to sound like an idiot, but any noticeable bugs in this build?

I haven't flashed this, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt:

I tried Steve's last AOKP test build for a day, and had the random dpram / modem / reboot problem. So I went back to ICS. That, however, was the only problem I noticed.

... and the changelogs seem to be indicating that's fixed now. So ...

Just try it. ;)

Reactions: fulaman

fulaman

Jan 2, 2011
I haven't flashed this, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt:

I tried Steve's last AOKP test build for a day, and had the random dpram / modem / reboot problem. So I went back to ICS. That, however, was the only problem I noticed.

... and the changelogs seem to be indicating that's fixed now. So ...

Just try it. ;)

Do I have to flash like an THS build 2 before flashing this ROM?

nm3210

May 2, 2011
Do I have to flash like an THS build 2 before flashing this ROM?

Everyone says you do, but I've never seen any better results in doing so. I usually Odin to Gingerbread stock, flash the CWM for cm7 (mtd roms), and then just flash the latest and greatest from there.

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
In my brief experience, the following apply:

1. don't flash it in twrp
2. the other devil CWM recovery might work
3. safest bet is to odin the old "CWM fixed for CM7" and use that

You don't have to odin all the way back to GB stock, though .. I found that just the old recovery is sufficient.

Read more about it here if you like: http://blog.efpophis.net/2012/08/my-android-journey-from-ics-to-jb-and.html

Reactions: TomTcom and Azuma73

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on CWM fixed for CM7
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Download HERE http://forum.aokp.co/

My test builds.

AOKP Jelly Bean Nightlies.

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Me
    Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

submit features or report bugs here

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.

Build 1 updated to jts latest tree changes, updated to aokp jb build 1 frameworks, and tossed in the lockscreen target stuff i've been working on. Its a WIP some please dont fill this thread with the lockscreen targets are to big or I would like this change stuff. I just wanted to see how they look and work on an hdpi device. Please dont make me regret putting it in this build for you.

Thanks goes out to JT, Sbrissen, Romann, Sixstring, TKGlitch, Efpophis and more may be added.
    Hate to do this to you guys... but I'm dropping support for fascinate.

Reasons:

1) Can't find my fascinate.

2) Time. Working, School and three other devices is proving to be to much and you guys have been getting neglected.

3) Current state with CM, Jt has never said anything or even implied that he minded aokp basically just riding his work, but other members of CM are making a stink about it. So personally I will not be supporting any devices whos trees originated with CM. Prolly all Nexus devices from here on out for me.

* This is not a hit on CM per se. I don't want to start anything here, they work hard on those trees and can do what ever they want with them. I'm just not gonna dance to get to use them.

If someone wants to pick up the AOKP torch let me know. Ill help where I can. Be advised. If you plan on making the Fasciante official for AOKP you will prolly need a device tree that wasn't 99.9% written by JT1134.... unless you are JT1134.

It was a fun run guys PM me if you need something I prolly wont be trolling here much more.

<3

Steve
    new build up, I'm working on getting you guys in the nightlies but I'll keep posting some in the meantime...

Efpophis ICS Bluetooth MAC fix
    Latest Custom Lockscreen targets code I've been working on.
    Lockscreen Calender
    I'm sure there more just poke around...

Edit: just checked the downloads for build-1 and not even 200?!? hmm... no bueno.
    I threw up a new build, it has long press back to kill and long press skip track from lockscreen. You will also see options for Bootaudio THEY DO NOT WORK, I need to work on them but I know you guys have been asking for those other options so I thought I would hook you up.
    Just chatted with Steve a bit. I'm going to see if I can get a brain-dump and at least try to keep the fassy going. I can't promise anything, and I doubt I'll have time for much more than just keeping up and minor maintenance work. But I'll at least try to keep the lights on for a bit.