[Theme][Apk's] Raidermans Compilation

Search This thread

Raiderman

May 27, 2010
Nampa, ID USA
These will be individual System app Apk's, as I have not found a good way to flash anything with our locked boot loader. This is a work in progress, and I will answer questions, when and if I get the time. It has taken a lot of work to get this theme to where it is today, so please hit the thanks button. Downloads will be in the next post.

Back up every apk that you want to replace by renaming it with a .bak. Place modified apk in the root of /system, and change permissions to rw-r-r and Move it to the app or framework folder. Replacing framework is very dangerous, but I have found that a factory reset will allow you to replace it with the original, if something goes wrong.
I recommend doing this process slowly. start with two apk's, then reboot, check to see if they work. The other way to get framework to work, is to pull a COPY of your original, and inject the images into the res folders. Do not try to extract framework, then repack, it will boot loop.

Use these at your own risk, as I am not responsible for your actions.

Special thanks to BobCatRom in the S4 forums for sharing some of his images.. Click the thanks button over there also
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2372902

Also, I used some of the framework images from the Cobalt theme, those guys/gals do amazing work. Be sure to thank them also

Last edited:

opasha

Jul 2, 2009
So question. When you say replace with SecContacts and SecPhone - are you telling us to rename the downloaded SecPhone.apk to SecContacts.apk and the downloaded SecContacts.apk to SecPhone.apk? Then switch them out with the files located in the /system/app folder. That's what I am understanding from your post, otherwise it would be completely pointless to put that there. Unless that was a mistake and we just swap out the downloaded files as is with the original /system/app files. Let me know. Thanks for the work, bro.

Raiderman

May 27, 2010
Nampa, ID USA
So question. When you say replace with SecContacts and SecPhone - are you telling us to rename the downloaded SecPhone.apk to SecContacts.apk and the downloaded SecContacts.apk to SecPhone.apk? Then switch them out with the files located in the /system/app folder. That's what I am understanding from your post, otherwise it would be completely pointless to put that there. Unless that was a mistake and we just swap out the downloaded files as is with the original /system/app files. Let me know. Thanks for the work, bro.

No, renaming. SecPhone, and SecContacts must be replaced at the same time. That is what I mean.

Reactions: bfleischman

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
DO NOT RENAME SYSTEMUI.APK UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO ADD THE NEW THEMED APK.

See drwario's post below on how to handle systemui.apk and the framework-res.apk
This method worked for me with no issues at all! Thanks for your help on this!

Last edited:
Reactions: Raiderman

drwario

Oct 19, 2010
DO NOT RENAME SYSTEMUI.APK UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO ADD THE NEW THEMED APK.

Got an easy way to push the SystemUI.apk??

My trick to the systemui.apk is to rename the new apk.1 and change the permissions.

!!!!Gotta be quick but rename the original systemui.apk to .Bak at the end and immediately rename the new systemui.apk
If you don't catch it fast enough all kinds of stuff will start shutting down. You won't be able to open your root explorer at this point so you can't fix what you did. Restart the phone and open the root explorer and go to the system folder to change the new systemui.apk and restart. It'll freeze after EVERY freaking button you push and you'll have to okay whatever the message pops up.
REMEMBER TO ADD .BAK TO ALL THE ORIGINALS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Also, how did you change the framework.apk without the phone shutting down and closing everything

I read some where one time for framework res apk. That you push it into /system set permissions. Then move it into /system/framework letting overwrite the old one. If you don't go strait into boot loop it worked

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
I read some where one time for framework res apk. That you push it into /system set permissions. Then move it into /system/framework letting overwrite the old one. If you don't go strait into boot loop it worked

Wouldn't let me rename the themed apk since there was already a apk with the name. Renamed the original to .bak and quickly renamed the new one, but everything started closing down. Now I'm bootlooped and a factory reset didn't work. Starting from scratch now.

I don't recommend pushing the framework-res.apk unless you know how to without the phone running I guess. I don't know any other way without being able to flash this stuff. What's your secret Raiderman?

drwario

Oct 19, 2010
I use this method for all system app changes I make. I think you miss understood me. Place framework res apk in /system first. Not /system/framework. Ste permissions. Then move it into /system/framework folder letting it over write the old one. It should work.

Reactions: Bataga

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
I use this method for all system app changes I make. I think you miss understood me. Place framework res apk in /system first. Not /system/framework. Ste permissions. Then move it into /system/framework folder letting it over write the old one. It should work.

So setting permissions in 'system' will let you move it into 'system/framework' and it overrides the original....damn
I always tried to copy/paste in the system folders but it wouldn't let me cause of same name. Learn something every day! Gonna try now that my phone is back to life.

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Worked bro! gonna edit my other posts now and thank you

dreDrennon1

Jun 18, 2010
Nashville
Can someone post the secsettings.apk and systemui.apk from stock I have some how list my notifications and status bar and my settings menu is gone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Any one try the framework-res.apk?? Caused mine to boot loop when I restarted. Would deleting the dalvik cache fix this before I rebooted?

Last edited:

dreDrennon1

Jun 18, 2010
Nashville
Ok status bar and notifications are good now but now the contacts just force closes and settings still missing

drwario

Oct 19, 2010
Any one try the framework-res.apk?? Caused mine to boot loop when I restarted. Would deleting the dalvik cache fix this before I rebooted?

Yes delete dalvik. On mine a factory reset helps to settle it in too. While I'm messing with my phone I get into boot loop easily. I just factory reset until it boot again. We have no way to fix permissions from recovery. But factory reset aside from wiping data also resets permissions I believe. But after factory reset your modded apks will still be there

D150shorty

Feb 15, 2011
Springfield
Ok status bar and notifications are good now but now the contacts just force closes and settings still missing

Oddly SecSettings.apk only worked correctly by NOT changing the odex file. Changed original to SecSettings.apk.bak, moved new one to system/apps, fix permissions, wipe dalvik, reboot. Works flawless :)

Sent from a tweaked out G-Note3

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
Yes delete dalvik. On mine a factory reset helps to settle it in too. While I'm messing with my phone I get into boot loop easily. I just factory reset until it boot again. We have no way to fix permissions from recovery. But factory reset aside from wiping data also resets permissions I believe. But after factory reset your modded apks will still be there

I did all this but still stuck in bootloop. I think I'll just give up on the framework. Not sure what I'm doing different from you guys but I'm sick of using Odin.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts