[Discussion] HTC One M8 - Updates

Search This thread

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Ok so for me to get the OTA I need to flash stock recovery 1.12.40.17 but I can't seem to find it anywhere here? Only one available is stock recovery 1.54.401.5

Or I could I re-lock my bootloader and flash the stock rom available here which includes the update 1.54.401.5?

I'm surprised no one posted the stock recovery from the 1.12 build, if for reference only...perhaps ask one of the Devs if they have it available anywhere?

gfreek

Apr 4, 2005
I'm surprised no one posted the stock recovery from the 1.12 build, if for reference only...perhaps ask one of the Devs if they have it available anywhere?

Thanks for the quick reply, I will ask the Devs here see if they have the stock recovery 1.12 build otherwise I will have no choice but to start all over re-lock bootloader and flash the stock 1.54 build which is a pain!:(

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply, I will ask the Devs here see if they have the stock recovery 1.12 build otherwise I will have no choice but to start all over re-lock bootloader and flash the stock 1.54 build which is a pain!:(

Thats why i want to get this thread off the ground so badly

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2701376

If people unlock the bootloader and fastboot boot the recovery and make a nand it should backup the original HTC recovery. Then post it there so we can have one place to go to when you need it. Then all will be complete, stock rom and recovery....ready for OTA

:)

clax6

Jun 13, 2011
Spoke to HTC today regarding a different issue and I asked about updates and he said one is coming out very soon but wouldn't or couldn't say when. Sorry it's vague but better than nothing

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Wonder if Htc talking about the 1.54 update @clax6. So what's the deal with data/preload being erased after unlock? Calculator and some apps disappeared for us sprint m8's. And theory is, even if we stock recovery/relock, the OTA with fail check cuz we have missing apps.

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Ok, have to see when sprint pushes the OTA I guess

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
Calculator and some apps disappeared for us sprint m8's.

What other apps? The only installed package in data/preload on my never unlocked phone is the calculator. The FM Radio and Flashlight were never in the ROM (Sprint wants us to use NextRadio, but no idea why the flashlight was missing).

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
What other apps? The only installed package in data/preload on my never unlocked phone is the calculator. The FM Radio and Flashlight were never in the ROM (Sprint wants us to use NextRadio, but no idea why the flashlight was missing).

How do you kno that's all that is I'm there? Can post lost of what you have in data and data/preload?

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

ahecht

Oct 23, 2010
How do you kno that's all that is I'm there? Can post lost of what you have in data and data/preload?

~m8whl modded stock
2.265 Max ¦ 300 Min
ondemand
row

I ran
pm list packages -f | grep preload
And all it returned was
package:/data/preload/Calculator.apk=com.htc.calculator

I'm not going to post all of what I have in data because I've installed a bunch of apps and uninstalled a lot of the Sprint bloat.

In any case, you can get the apps off the phone without root by doing an unencrypted adb backup, which is how I was able to post the calculator apk.

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
I ran
pm list packages -f | grep preload
And all it returned was
package:/data/preload/Calculator.apk=com.htc.calculator

I'm not going to post all of what I have in data because I've installed a bunch of apps and uninstalled a lot of the Sprint bloat.

In any case, you can get the apps off the phone without root by doing an unencrypted adb backup, which is how I was able to post the calculator apk.

Nice, seems all good then, shouldn't have to worry bout much any thing eh. Thanks for clarifying that brah

Sparkie1968

Jan 3, 2009
Had my M8 for almost a week now, got directly from EE, but still no sign of the update??!!. Currently 1.12.61.17. Any idea's when EE might release it??

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OTA ZIP COLLECTION

HAS MOVED HERE
    Ota is in sdcard/Download. Can share right on the cloud from phone so devs can cook in a few hrs [emoji12]

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

No, OTA in /cache/update.zip
    Here uploaded to androidfilehost.com
    HTC_ONE_M8_GPE_5_07_1700_6_MRA85K_H6.zip
    Good luck!
    I totally fail to understand why people think they can tell other people to get a life instead of waiting for the MM update.

We are all here on XDA because we are interested in mobile phones, interested highly above average. We like what they can do and how they look. Getting a major OS update makes the phone feel like almost a new device. I for one look forward to what MM brings, like Android pay, better app permissions control en hopefully better battery life. I like updates to my device that make it better. Of course I want that as soon as possible, of course I'm eager and very curious. If you couldn't care less about that, what are you doing in this thread and on XDA anyway?

And stop saying we shouldn't expect anything from HTC or be happy with whatever they do. They sell us expensive phones they will support for two years. MM has come out so it's completely logical they bring it to the 2014 HTC One M8. That's not charity from their part, that's their obligation. If you ask me, all brands' support for their products is very poor anyway. Millions of people are walking around with unpatched devices vulnerable to many attacks, that you really can't call old.

Having said all that, that doesn't mean we should all complain or whine about it. But please understand that people's enthousiasm about the coming update leads to disappointment when they don't even make it in the announced 2 weeks since the dec 3rd announcement for North America. Is there any logical reason why there should be any difference in launch dates between parts of the world? This shouldn't be about bugs begin squashed, you don't use one continent as beta testers for the other continent. You should have a beta test group for that.
    I personally still don't have a clue why many people in general are so hyped up and even bashing HTC about the updates and why it's not released for all regions at once. we get the update that's fair enough.

HTC should be wise and don't say a single word about updates and an eta. It would be the best for many users. And it would be better for the xda servers because it would contain less spam !

lol

:)
    ANNOUNCEMENT

Lol got your attention?:D:D:D

Shortly I will be taking over the Collection of stock backups thread and the awesome work that the good @Mr Hofs has done to date. I plan to move the OTA collection into there so Nand backups and OTA files are in once place

This means that if you need to restore and update on stock and have any issues getting OTA files over the air. everything that you need will be in one place.

WHAT DO WE RECKON PEEPS???

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

HTC_621
    OTA_M8_UL_K444_SENSE60_MR_hTC_Asia_TW_3.28.709.6-3.28.709.5_release_400843m59k8z7s9vk0sv1g

Here you go m8: http://d-h.st/iGNq

Updated, cheers dude :)