PS1 emulator almost done!

Search This thread

r2001uk

Oct 1, 2008
Leeds
I hope this will work with a PS3 SIX-AXIS blue-tooth controller.

If someone would make an app for ps3 controllers, it'd be great. For now it should work perfectly with a Wii Classic Controller using pikipirs' app.

Can't wait for this...
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

mariolopezjr

May 24, 2010
Now that we have Playstation 1 emulation, maybe we can have N64 emulation as well. I want to play Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time sooo bad too. :D Oh and Pokemon Stadium/Snap as well. Those were classic games. :p

jz9833

Feb 1, 2007
Houston
call me a skeptic, but i dont see how this can work out so well for the n1. Yes it had plenty of processing power, but with our touch screen I think the controls will be an issue.

:(

Psynoz

Feb 26, 2010
Now that we have Playstation 1 emulation, maybe we can have N64 emulation as well. I want to play Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time sooo bad too. :D Oh and Pokemon Stadium/Snap as well. Those were classic games. :p

He says in the comments that he will be working on an N64 emulator and VLC after the PSX is done.

PacoL250

Mar 21, 2010
Well I have the game on disc, and I never really delved into PSX/PSOne emulation, so I'll have to find out how to get the game in a format the program will read. :D

r2001uk

Oct 1, 2008
Leeds
call me a skeptic, but i dont see how this can work out so well for the n1. Yes it had plenty of processing power, but with our touch screen I think the controls will be an issue.

:(

Since Yongzh is helping out, it'll support Input Method, meaning you can use a wiimote classic controller for full control and full, uncluttered screen :)

jz9833

Feb 1, 2007
Houston
Since Yongzh is helping out, it'll support Input Method, meaning you can use a wiimote classic controller for full control and full, uncluttered screen :)

I really do not see why people are so excited to use a Wii remote with the N1.

That means you have to set the n1 up to act like a TV and stand back from it. The screen is way to small in my opinion for that kind of use. Plus you have to carry around a wii remote also... Portability is completely out the window.

When there is that much trouble you got to ask yourself, is this useful? Yes it can be done, but why? :rolleyes:

The last "great" emulation experience I've had on a smart phone was with my old Tilt. The specs on it were just powerful enough to run SNES emulators without any problems, it had a great d-pad for games, and you could map the keyboard's keys to act as button. Without all 3 of these things I have found emulators to be completely pointless.

r2001uk

Oct 1, 2008
Leeds
If I was travelling on the bus/train/whatever, I might not be too keen on using the wii controller.

Since I only get the odd time now and again to play at home or work, I'd much rather use the controller than mess around with on-screen controls and dodgy multitouch. It's no hassle at all to set up.

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

ins0

May 19, 2010
I really do not see why people are so excited to use a Wii remote with the N1.

That means you have to set the n1 up to act like a TV and stand back from it. The screen is way to small in my opinion for that kind of use. Plus you have to carry around a wii remote also... Portability is completely out the window.

When there is that much trouble you got to ask yourself, is this useful? Yes it can be done, but why? :rolleyes:

Are you serious? You do realize people aren't swinging their Wii-motes at their phones right? We're just using bluetooth to use the Wii-mote as a hand held D-pad......I'm doing it right now with my phone sitting not more than 4 inches in front of me....I don't get your complaint?

nephroid

Feb 26, 2010
Newport Beach
Are you serious? You do realize people aren't swinging their Wii-motes at their phones right? We're just using bluetooth to use the Wii-mote as a hand held D-pad......I'm doing it right now with my phone sitting not more than 4 inches in front of me....I don't get your complaint?

Totally agree that it's awesome. I travel a lot and I like to play the occasional game in my hotel. I would prefer to play on a big screen but I'll take what I can get.