[Q] Unflashing Sprint Samsung GS3 SPH-L710! Help!

Search This thread

jackh20s

Feb 2, 2014
So I have a Sprint GS3 that I flashed to page plus, literally 1 day before they started running the Framily promotion that is $25 for a line, with no contract, and the kicker you can activate a phone you already own (just my luck). So now that it's flashed I'd like to unflash it at the end of the month, and reactivate it on Sprints network.

Prior to posting this thread, I've scoured the internet for different ways to unflash; and I've decided on this method bit.ly/S3Stock . It seems like the easiest way, me, being a noob, so I won't mess up the phone.

My problem is:

When I go into Download Mode on the GS3 it doesn't show the flashing? or do I just not know what I'm looking at? On the video Custom Binary says Yes and 1.

It says:

Odin mode
Product Name: SPH-L710
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Warranty Bit: 0
Bootloader AP SWREV: 1

I also installed a root checker, from google play, and it says the phone is not rooted? Does this mean that I can simply Factory Data Reset to remove the page plus settings?

I am running 4.3 in the android version, baseband is l710vpucmk3, hardware version is l710.14

In download mode it did not say anything about Knox, which was the warning on the bit.ly/s3stock link. Please let me know what I should do to get back to Sprint settings?

I really appreciate the insight!!!

StonerSteve420

Nov 16, 2013
Independence
So I have a Sprint GS3 that I flashed to page plus, literally 1 day before they started running the Framily promotion that is $25 for a line, with no contract, and the kicker you can activate a phone you already own (just my luck). So now that it's flashed I'd like to unflash it at the end of the month, and reactivate it on Sprints network.

Prior to posting this thread, I've scoured the internet for different ways to unflash; and I've decided on this method bit.ly/S3Stock . It seems like the easiest way, me, being a noob, so I won't mess up the phone.

My problem is:

When I go into Download Mode on the GS3 it doesn't show the flashing? or do I just not know what I'm looking at? On the video Custom Binary says Yes and 1.

It says:

Odin mode
Product Name: SPH-L710
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Warranty Bit: 0
Bootloader AP SWREV: 1

I also installed a root checker, from google play, and it says the phone is not rooted? Does this mean that I can simply Factory Data Reset to remove the page plus settings?

I am running 4.3 in the android version, baseband is l710vpucmk3, hardware version is l710.14

In download mode it did not say anything about Knox, which was the warning on the bit.ly/s3stock link. Please let me know what I should do to get back to Sprint settings?

I really appreciate the insight!!!

My guess (and I am no expert) would you need to root the device, and if this phone originally was a sprint phone, I don't see why this would not work, download the newest odin and flash a custom recover. I recommend CWM or Philz Recovery, then flash the sprint modem which should get you back onto sprints network and remove the flashed modem for the service you have now. Again I'm not an expert so this might not work. Once you get rooted and have a custom recovery make a back up! This will save your but if anything goes wrong.

jackh20s

Feb 2, 2014
My guess (and I am no expert) would you need to root the device, and if this phone originally was a sprint phone, I don't see why this would not work, download the newest odin and flash a custom recover. I recommend CWM or Philz Recovery, then flash the sprint modem which should get you back onto sprints network and remove the flashed modem for the service you have now. Again I'm not an expert so this might not work. Once you get rooted and have a custom recovery make a back up! This will save your but if anything goes wrong.

I was hoping since it was showing Samsung official in download mode I could just factory data reset. I'm afraid with all the multi step programs, files, I'll mess something up. Btw knox is on the phone. Doesn't give me the option to uninstall either...I might be better off paying someone who's comfortable using Odin and has an idea of what files they're looking at...