[sgt]-[discussion room] CyanogenMOD 9.0 by te4m[MTD][4.0.4]

how many people want this thread for discussion ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

_Derk_

Apr 28, 2011
1. Im still little bit confused between CM9|rc1 and CM9\mtd, what is the different?

RC1 is just a version which is some days older than the release date from code base but rated as stable. All the other versions are the official nightlys and the ones having additional code inside like alrogers builds (bradymobile tweaks, PDroid kernel patches).
Hopefully most of the additional coding will find it's way into the official builds.

2. Since now i'm running on CM9(rc1)4.0.4, this is my 5th day and more often meet this several issue :
-i find out that i dont see "my files" app, something like i've seen before on my 2.3.3 GB, this cause me difficult to :
-re arrange my file such as photo and other document to external memory (i tried airdroid) and setting menu but still can't do...i'm using an quickpic apps
-how to set that any new photo file to moved to external memory?

Uh, it's so long that I changed to ICS, that I really don't remember the time before :eek:
So file access you have with ES File Manager (I think it comes with it as default app) but I recommend to also install a root browser so you can access the system parts.
The external card is named "emmc" so you find the files at "/emmc" or "/mnt/emmc". To counfuse the users the internal memory now has been named "sdcard" :laugh:

Bye,
Derk

Reactions: Declan79

phlooke

Dec 18, 2011
London
my pleasure Derk:)

1. Im still little bit confused between CM9|rc1 and CM9\mtd, what is the different?
2. Since now i'm running on CM9(rc1)4.0.4, this is my 5th day and more often meet this several issue :
-i find out that i dont see "my files" app, something like i've seen before on my 2.3.3 GB, this cause me difficult to :
-re arrange my file such as photo and other document to external memory (i tried airdroid) and setting menu but still can't do...i'm using an quickpic apps
-how to set that any new photo file to moved to external memory?

Sorry for my bad english:fingers-crossed:

thanks

In the camera App itself, access the menu and then select where you want the pictures to be stored.
There is an option to store to SDcard that is, the memory card that you insert in the side ;)

--

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
Thanks guys for the respond, but this morning I find my battery was drain faster then before. I just for browsing for +/-30' from 99 to 82. Already checked my display setting on brightness and back light. The brightness is little bit cross the medium and back light set for only 30second. What's wrong with it?

GT-P1000|CM9(rc1)-4.0 with premium xda

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
RC1 is just a version which is some days older than the release date from code base but rated as stable. All the other versions are the official nightlys and the ones having additional code inside like alrogers builds (bradymobile tweaks, PDroid kernel patches).
Hopefully most of the additional coding will find it's way into the official builds.

Uh, it's so long that I changed to ICS, that I really don't remember the time before :eek:
So file access you have with ES File Manager (I think it comes with it as default app) but I recommend to also install a root browser so you can access the system parts.
The external card is named "emmc" so you find the files at "/emmc" or "/mnt/emmc". To counfuse the users the internal memory now has been named "sdcard" :laugh:

Bye,
Derk

Just find out that the ext memory was name emmc, have no idea at all. Issue solved, and thanks

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
uploadfromtaptalk1341377542182.jpguploadfromtaptalk1341377555093.jpguploadfromtaptalk1341377577515.jpguploadfromtaptalk1341377592513.jpguploadfromtaptalk1341377605730.jpguploadfromtaptalk1341377618558.jpg

With this kind of display setting, and I wondered if there is still not supported the battery life.

Thanks

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
uploadfromtaptalk1341377938056.jpg

This is the lowest usage of battery ever, is it because the age for more than a year or what?

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
It's been a discussion in other 4.0.4 thread regarding this battery usage, something related to deepsleep

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
battery

It's been a discussion in other 4.0.4 thread regarding this battery usage, something related to deepsleep

Declan, there was a deepsleep problem long ago. It's been fixed and works fine now. Try CPU Spy from the Market to check which CPU states are being used the most, including Deep Sleep.

From your pictures I can only conclude that some app is keeping your screen active and you are not going into sleep mode. Could it be SBP? As a last resort try a full factory wipe and test it for a day without installing any apps, besides the basic google stuff.
5 ~ 6 hours is what I get watching movies. The display is still the most batt consuming part.
I get around 8h of good use, over 12h moderate and almost 48h of little use / standby.

If you haven't done so after getting into CM9, do a full charge, use BatteryCalibration from the market to clear battery stats, then let it do a full discharge without pluging it in any USB.

Cheers.

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
Declan, there was a deepsleep problem long ago. It's been fixed and works fine now. Try CPU Spy from the Market to check which CPU states are being used the most, including Deep Sleep.

From your pictures I can only conclude that some app is keeping your screen active and you are not going into sleep mode. Could it be SBP? As a last resort try a full factory wipe and test it for a day without installing any apps, besides the basic google stuff.
5 ~ 6 hours is what I get watching movies. The display is still the most batt consuming part.
I get around 8h of good use, over 12h moderate and almost 48h of little use / standby.

If you haven't done so after getting into CM9, do a full charge, use BatteryCalibration from the market to clear battery stats, then let it do a full discharge without pluging it in any USB.

Cheers.

uploadfromtaptalk1341499926363.jpg

Sorry if it's been discussed before even for long time ago since I'm just new to had cm9

achaa

Jul 4, 2012
Ulaanbaatar
Help me

Help me.I have galaxy tab SC-01C.I installed gt p1000s android 2.3 version then ics rc1 then gt p1000s android2.3 version again.Then when i charge my tablet shows like i connected my tablet via usb to computer.And it charges slow,in battery icon it shoes x mark.What should i do? SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH. SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Declan79

Mar 21, 2011
Padang
Help me.I have galaxy tab SC-01C.I installed gt p1000s android 2.3 version then ics rc1 then gt p1000s android2.3 version again.Then when i charge my tablet shows like i connected my tablet via usb to computer.And it charges slow,in battery icon it shoes x mark.What should i do? SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH. SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Check the usb debug mode

RED ZMAN

There hasnt been a new build in almost a week, is it because of release candidate one? Or is development just finally slowing down for this device?

Really wish I could update again, but I'm still stuck running .24 because of the problems at 240 dpi.

Also, had anyone found a cause or resolution to the occasional reboot when waking the device?

Lastly, I've been trying to resolve the failure for scheduled syncs while the screen is off. I've tired every setting I have found, and have set the CPU low setting at 209mhz, but no joy. Anyone else had success here?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
new alroger build 20120707

There hasnt been a new build in almost a week, is it because of release candidate one? Or is development just finally slowing down for this device?

Naaa the devs are probably playing viciously with new toys, Jelly Beans and Kernel 3.0 as mentioned by cdesai. The calm before the storm...
And CM10 was already annouced.

Really wish I could update again, but I'm still stuck running .24 because of the problems at 240 dpi.

I just put up a new build that includes the latest from @sbradymobile, besides that just little fixes. Not sure if any of it helps your case yet.

Also, had anyone found a cause or resolution to the occasional reboot when waking the device?
I have no problem waking up, but I do notice random reboots still, like once a day.

Lastly, I've been trying to resolve the failure for scheduled syncs while the screen is off. I've tired every setting I have found, and have set the CPU low setting at 209mhz, but no joy. Anyone else had success here?
On latest kernel wifi seems to work properly during sleep. Any easy way to test that?

Cheers.

Stilm

Dec 25, 2011
Lisbon
Anyone managed to get the new youtube(4.0.8E) into tablet mode? Or is it that tablet mode looks just crappy like phone mode? I'm on 120dpi and my build is alroger's 24/06 with humberos kernel from same date.

Sent from my GT-P1000.

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
Anyone managed to get the new youtube(4.0.8E) into tablet mode? Or is it that tablet mode looks just crappy like phone mode? I'm on 120dpi and my build is alroger's 24/06 with humberos kernel from same date.

I don't think there is a tablet mode anymore.. the new youtube has a completly new interface, Google+ alike. I like it.
I use 120dpi too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-07-21-00-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-07-21-00-28.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Stilm

Dec 25, 2011
Lisbon
I preferred the old UI which had a better look imo :/ also this one defaults to portrait mode at video end which is quite annoying... going back to 3.5.5 for me then...

Sent from my GT-P1000.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMOD 9.0 by TE4M NOW MTD!!!!!![4.0.4]

dear all,

this thread is created to seperate non development post inside the cm9 development thread and to keep it clean.

WHAT CAN BE POSTED HERE?
    -Related to cm9.0
    -problems during installation
    -Possibilities of bugs
    -All the noob questions

WHAT should not be posted?
    -thanks,thank you....
    -please do not report SAME BUG
    -Do not report if you are downloading new release (just download it and report bugs only)

CM9.0 THREAD
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1385153

HUMBEROS UPLOAD AREA
    http://www.humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html

GREAT NOW WE HAVE OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES
    GSM- http://get.cm/?device=p1
    CDMA- http://get.cm/?device=p1c

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL!!!!! NOW BUILDS ARE MTD (FOR MORE INFORMATION LOOK AT POST 2)

hit thanks if i helped you
    OK, just updated the fix on github.

Flash SystemUIFlash.zip for the clock.
    PDroid Patched CM9 build

Ladies and Gentlemen.
    I've compiled a PDroid - Privacy Protection patched CM9 for whoever wants to try it. I was using it in CM7, but took this long for something to come out for CM9. Right now the only way to have PDroid working is patching the CM9 source and compiling it with PDroid support.
    It's in testing phase, but seems to work nicely already.

It's a dream come true for privacy - a way to block all those strange permissions that apps require, without breaking the app. Worth taking a look!

My build post for downloads: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24986629&postcount=756

Cheers!
    Installation guide

PEOPLE NOW BUILDS ARE MTD!! FILE SYSTEM BE CAREFULL

FOR INSTALLING MTD BUILD IT IS [MUST] COMPULSORY TO RESTOCK[ FOLLOW TILL STEP 3]

DONOT!!!!!! RESTORE ANY OTHER BUILDS ON MTD BUILDS

IF WANT TO GO BACK TO GB RESTOCK IS AGAIN NEEDED!!!

1)RESTOCK to gingerbread by following overcome method
    www.teamovercome.net
    2)flash the overcome kernel 4.0 to convert the system to ext4 from the above website
    3)DOWNLOAD ANY ANY BUILD [OFFICIAL NIGHTLY OR SOMEONE ELSE BUILD]
    4)copy the zip to tab and then reboot into recovery
    5)wipe data,cache and dalvik cache
    6) a) if MTD build once u flash them mtd zip it boots into mtd recovery and U HAVE TO FLASH THE ZIP AGAIN
    b) if NON MTD just flash the zip
    7)reboot!!!!
    Ics camera apk attached:D:D

Hit as many as thanks you can hit