[Q] niggling, or is my search annoying?

Search This thread

8lackie

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 Wifi.
Terrific.
Now a new version is out (2014) God only knows why laziness precluded giving it a slightly different name.
Now this may be my short coming; but when I do a browser search for said machine (the original) I get nothing but tons of results on the new 2014 version.
I tried doing searches and putting in "NOT" 2014 or - (minus) 2014 but to no avail.

So my question is how do I now find what Google doesn't seem to want me to find? Am I failing at my searches because I'm lame or are searches now rigged to only give me the latest and (ahem) greatest?

Thanks.

justmpm

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 22, 2010
Jumpston Junction
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 Wifi.
Terrific.
Now a new version is out (2014) God only knows why laziness precluded giving it a slightly different name.
Now this may be my short coming; but when I do a browser search for said machine (the original) I get nothing but tons of results on the new 2014 version.
I tried doing searches and putting in "NOT" 2014 or - (minus) 2014 but to no avail.

So my question is how do I now find what Google doesn't seem to want me to find? Am I failing at my searches because I'm lame or are searches now rigged to only give me the latest and (ahem) greatest?

Thanks.

The new one has a different model number so just searching with N8010 should be specific enough.