[Q] HTC Deluxe Question

Search This thread

LPPalScore

Dec 6, 2011
Lexington
sinfultech.com
So, I am on the HTC Deluxe (Off-Branded CDMA), and I only see Verizon information, and not off-branded carriers. I am wanting to root my device, but so far, I can't find any information on other carriers, just Verizon. If anyone could help, that would be amazing.

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
So, I am on the HTC Deluxe (Off-Branded CDMA), and I only see Verizon information, and not off-branded carriers. I am wanting to root my device, but so far, I can't find any information on other carriers, just Verizon. If anyone could help, that would be amazing.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1996389

I followed these directions a while back on my Deluxe. The HTC bootloader unlock site worked for my device so I didn't have to go through the extra trouble in step one. Heed the warning, it will wipe EVERYTHING from your device. This will allow you to install a recovery.img and then to gain root on your device.

LPPalScore

Dec 6, 2011
Lexington
sinfultech.com

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
So, this will work on 2.04?

I can't say for certain. I don't remember which firmware version I was on when I unlocked, and I don't know if the other carriers subsequently disabled HTC unlocking.

If the HTC Dev unlock procedure still works for your device, then installing a new recovery.img and rooting should work. There is no real harm in going through the first few steps of the unlock procedure, it's just collecting some info from your device using adb and getting a key from HTC. Then you can decide if you want to go ahead and wipe and root your device.