[Q] Charging precentage problem Note 3 LTE

Search This thread

cocoooo

Jun 20, 2013
Cairo
first i have note 3 LTE N9005
My battery will show 100% after charging. When I take it off the charger, the battery level drops to 99% after 2 or 3 minutes
is it a problem in the rom or the charger or the usb cable or this is the normal ???
thnx :)

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My battery will show 100% after charging. When I take it off the charger, the battery level drops to 99% after 2 or 3 minutes
is it a problem in the rom or the charger or the usb cable or this is the normal ???

battery takes a little more time after 100% make sure to charge it till its full.
But if it gets to 99% when your phone is in use then its normal.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

Reactions: cocoooo

Amar.B

Feb 12, 2013
Sarajevo
HTC One X
HTC Wildfire S

Try to recharge it till 100% unplug the usb charger then plug it again do it 3 to 5 times you should be fine after that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
It seems to be normal. If have 2 x Note 3 a have same. I talked to Samsung and get a new Battery, but the same.

This will work :
Try to recharge it till 100% unplug the usb charger then plug it again do it 3 to 5 times you should be fine

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

cocoooo

Jun 20, 2013
Cairo
It seems to be normal. If have 2 x Note 3 a have same. I talked to Samsung and get a new Battery, but the same.

This will work :
Try to recharge it till 100% unplug the usb charger then plug it again do it 3 to 5 times you should be fine

plug it again when the presentage come 99 or after i unplugged it directly ??
thnx 4 ur reply :)

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Directly after unplugged (after Message BATTERY FULLY CHARGED) Then unplug and directly plug in again, wait for Message BATTERY FULLY CHARGED.... and again and again :)

But....if it works....one or few days later you will have the same issue again [emoji16]

I ignore it after Samsung changed my Battery

Last edited:

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
Don't do the boring job (factory reset)
It won't help in that case. Trust me!

cocoooo

Jun 20, 2013
Cairo
Directly after unplugged (after Message BATTERY FULLY CHARGED) Then unplug and directly plug in again, wait for Message BATTERY FULLY CHARGED.... and again and again :)

But....if it works....one or few days later you will have the same issue again [emoji16]

but i bought the phone only a month ago :(
from your words can i say it's a battery problem ?? :(

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
No, I don't think that is a battery problem. Maybe a Software Problem in the Charging electronic or just a wrong information.

Sorry, bad English, maybe can't explain correctly what I mean [emoji16]

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
charge until 100%, unplug your phone, switch it off, plug the charger and charge for 5 to 10 minutes. Unplug the charger, turn the phone on, plug the charger back for another 5 to 10 minutes.

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Actually, guys, the reason for this is completely different.

Modern smartphone charging works like this - the battery is charged at high rate until 80-90%. At that point, the charging rate (how much current is directed to battery) is decreased to avoid overcharging. When battery is fully charged, the charging process is stopped until the battery level drops to about 95%. Then charging process is restarted.

The lowered percentage happens if you unplug during the so-called pause in charging. Android itself may still show 100% in the first place, but then shortly after decreases to the real amount. It is just the way modern batteries are built and there is no way to fix it.

Besides, does the 2-3% of battery really matter that much? ;)

cocoooo

Jun 20, 2013
Cairo
Actually, guys, the reason for this is completely different.

Modern smartphone charging works like this - the battery is charged at high rate until 80-90%. At that point, the charging rate (how much current is directed to battery) is decreased to avoid overcharging. When battery is fully charged, the charging process is stopped until the battery level drops to about 95%. Then charging process is restarted.

The lowered percentage happens if you unplug during the so-called pause in charging. Android itself may still show 100% in the first place, but then shortly after decreases to the real amount. It is just the way modern batteries are built and there is no way to fix it.

Besides, does the 2-3% of battery really matter that much? ;)
after the battery decreases to 98% it works fine & stable , i just want to know if there is a proplem or it's the normal for the phone :)
thnQ 4 this information :) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

battery takes a little more time after 100% make sure to charge it till its full.
    But if it gets to 99% when your phone is in use then its normal.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

Try to recharge it till 100% unplug the usb charger then plug it again do it 3 to 5 times you should be fine after that.

This will work :

plug it again when the presentage come 99 or after i unplugged it directly ??
    thnx 4 ur reply :)

unplug it when it reaches full charge then plug it again 3 to 5 times .. if it's not working try to do factory reset