[XAP][PC][UPDATED 07/07/2012] - The alternative Windows Phone marketplace - BAZAAR

Search This thread

ofir54321

Oct 25, 2009
Tel Aviv
Hi Everyone,
For a long time we've been struggling with searching forums for new applications and deploying them using our PC.

Windows Phone OS is also missing a platform for publishing new applications that cannot be released using WP Marketplace – such as Homebrew apps or application that are not complaint with Microsoft Marketplace policies (very much like IPhone’s “Cydia”).

We are happy to introduce to you a new application that we have been implementing for the past couple of weeks.

Meet Bazaar – an alternative Windows phone Marketplace.
Bazaar is an application that allows you to browse applications by categories, share, download and install them directly within your device without the need to connect your device to your PC.

The installation capabilities of Bazaar are available to fully unlocked devices. This means, that if you have fully unlocked device, you can install homebrew application directly from your Windows Phone.
If your Windows Phone device is not fully unlocked, you can use Bazaar for PC to deploy applications to your phone with an easy and smooth user interface. It is still recommended to install Bazaar for Windows Phone even if you can't install applications to mark your favorite applications and deploy them altogether later when you get home.

In the near future we will add more functionalities as-
• Submit new applications via Bazaar web site
• Online search in Bazaar applications repository
• And many more…

You are all welcome to suggest features that you would like to see in our future releases.

Independent developers (and who ever knows such :)), want to share your homebrew with the entire Windows Phone homebrew consumers community? send us information about YOUR apps – Icon, description, screenshots, categories, etc.. – so we can help getting your app to as many devices.

important note –
• Bazaar is NOT a place to distribute “cracked” games and apps. We’re not encouraging piracy.

Thanks to:
DFT team for their wonderful work in making a FREE rom.
• “fiinix” (from XDA) for sharing his source code for a WP7 Web Server
• “ultrashot” (from XDA) for sharing his native installation code!

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WPBazaar
Our website – www.WP-Bazaar.com
Emails – support@WP-Bazaar.com, admin@WP-Bazaar.com

Lidan and Ofir.

[UPDATED 18/1/2012] - 0.9.5 - We've now published our fully-functional release.
In this release you can create an account, mark favorite applications, search for applications online, download and install applications and more...

We are almost ready to publish our version of Bazaar for PC along with the Bazaar for Windows phone version that does not require interop-unlocked so you could automatically deploy all your favorite apps to your device. Stay tuned!

I'm attaching the new fully-functional release - version 0.9.5 and new screenshots for the upcoming release of Bazaar for PC.

[UPDATED 21/1/2012] - 0.9.6 - New installation method.

Bazaar 0.9.6 released! for all fully-unlocked devices

It including some minor bug fixes and a new installation method! many thanks to ultrashot from XDA!

1. Bazaar for PC is released! with Bazaar for PC you will be able to deploy applications to your phone even if it's only developer unlocked!
Bazaar for PC allows automatic sync, easy access and smooth user interface to use Bazaar's repository.

2. Bazaar for Windows Phone will run on any device (interop\fully unlock are not must-to-have). If your device is able to install XAP files (fully unlocked), you will be able to do that through Bazaar for Windows Phone. but if you are not able to deploy XAP files on your phone, you need to use Bazaar for PC.

[UPDATED 12/5/2012] - 1.5.0

• Toast & Tile notifications for homebrew applications updates. From 1.5 and on, you will be informed automatically when updates are available to any of your homebrew applications. With one single click, you will be able to update all of your outdated applications.
• Better favorites mechanism - Bazaar allows you to deploy all the favorites applications with one click (instead of one-by-one). Very useful after formatting your phone or installing new ROM.
• Rank & Reviews screens - Bazaar allows to rank & review applications, this way you can communicate with the developer and give let him know what you think of the application. Please remember to be fair, Constructive criticism is the name of the game.
• Self updater - Bazaar will be able to update itself from now and on. This means, that next time we release a new version, Bazaar will let know about it and will be able to update itself automatically. No need to connect your phone to your PC or updating from your phone's browser anymore.
• Better handling for communication issues.
• Lots of bugs fixed.

[UPDATED 07/07/2012] - 1.7.0

• Toast & Tiles notification will appear now for all users.
• Background image stretch was fixed.
• When disabling Bazaar's scheduled task it will not pop up an error any more.
• Performance improvements.
• General bugs fixes.
• Bazaar goes multilingual! Available for the following languages: French, Spanish, Finnish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Norwegian.

Bazaar for PC and Bazaar for Windows Phone are available for download through our website: http://www.WP-Bazaar.com .

Bazaar for Windows phone (XAP files) is attached to this thread as well.

We'd love to get feedback and ideas for improvment.

Until next time...

Attachments

• 383685_307135102651488_305943002770698_1018641_1755164090_n.jpg
    383685_307135102651488_305943002770698_1018641_1755164090_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 11,297
  • 388701_307133812651617_305943002770698_1018638_1811073137_n.jpg
    388701_307133812651617_305943002770698_1018638_1811073137_n.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10,156
  • 390416_307132632651735_305943002770698_1018634_563760145_n.jpg
    390416_307132632651735_305943002770698_1018634_563760145_n.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 6,691
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7,393
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 23,593
  • Bazaar_BETA_0.9.xap
    1.2 MB · Views: 24,415
  • Bazaar_BETA_0.9.1.xap
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,634
  • Bazaar_BETA_0.9.2.xap
    1.3 MB · Views: 8,551
  • 328812_326024237429241_305943002770698_1070758_584000618_o.jpg
    328812_326024237429241_305943002770698_1070758_584000618_o.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 5,541
  • 340449_326024280762570_305943002770698_1070759_651616026_o.jpg
    340449_326024280762570_305943002770698_1070759_651616026_o.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 4,539
  • Bazaar_0.9.5.xap
    1.4 MB · Views: 5,060
  • Bazaar_0.9.6.xap
    1.4 MB · Views: 6,921
  • Bazaar_1_1_0.xap
    1.5 MB · Views: 12,234
  • Bazaar_1_5_0.xap
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,930
  • Bazaar_1_5_1.xap
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,065
  • Bazaar_1_5_2.xap
    1.7 MB · Views: 7,317
  • Bazaar_1_7_0.xap
    1.5 MB · Views: 42,706
Last edited:

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
Awesome... Voted 5 stars.
Edit: wait ... Only work with dft ROM, means will work with the ROM included iexapinstaller+full unlocked drivers from dft ROM? So sad if I use my own custom ROM. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: shawndotting

ofir54321

Oct 25, 2009
Tel Aviv
Make sure that you´ll introduce some kind of webmarketplace, or PC app, not all phones have DFT ROM option

Of course, and we will.

Currently the only ROM that we know that can install XAP files using the devices IE is DFT ROM's, but we will add support for more ROMS as soon as they will become available.

A PC and Web Version's are in work! stay tuned!

Reactions: Snake.

-WP7User-

Aug 31, 2010
Zurich
There'll be more rom's which support XAP install via IE when the DFT release their tool. Just wait a little bit :) They're working hard on getting it released.
About the Bazaar thing: A really great idea! If there are some devs who want to release their apps in the Bazaar it could get quite a big thing :)

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
It works on my Samsung Focus (1st Gen) Mango , it give this message when opening
"incompatible ROM'
You must have DFT's custom ROM installed in order to run Bazaar on your Windows Phone.

"Sorry..

Ooops....Something is wrong.
Please send us the logs so we can look in to it.

Send logs?
Hit cancel

App shows up fine :
This is a BETA-Applications for testing only

If you click on an app it shows details ,reviews ,screens , you can click install and it will and it will simulate an install and say in red BETA - Installing Apps is disabled!

Pretty nice looking app I must say , I agree an app like this would be very usefull for "homebrew" not sure if I would categorize "cydia" as a homebrew , Im sure Apple doesnt think that way and I really dont know how Microsoft would feel about this , but I see it as a really useful tool , I agree also with cydia , my wifes phone has it and theres alot better and more effient apps coming from cydia than itunes thats for damn sure , maybe you can make this happen on WP7 ,I hope so! Keep up the good work!!

Last edited:

ofir54321

Oct 25, 2009
Tel Aviv
It works on my Samsung Focus (1st Gen) Mango , it give this message when opening
"incompatible ROM'
You must have DFT's custom ROM installed in order to run Bazaar on your Windows Phone.

"Sorry..

Send logs?
Hit cancel

App shows up fine :

If you click on an app it shows details ,reviews ,screens , you can click install and it will and it will simulate an install and say in red BETA - Installing Apps is disabled!

Pretty nice looking app I must say , I agree an app like this would be very usefull for "homebrew" not sure if I would categorize "cydia" as a homebrew , Im sure Apple doesnt think that way and I really dont know how Microsoft would feel about this , but I see it as a really useful tool , I agree also with cydia , my wifes phone has it and theres alot better and more effient apps coming from cydia than itunes thats for damn sure , maybe you can make this happen on WP7 ,I hope so! Keep up the good work!!

Thank you.
By the way, The problem you've reported was fixed :) uninstalling the application and redownloading it will fix the problem.

For now, we've removed the warning about "ROM is not supported" so everyone can see the application and test it.

By the way, it's not only simulate a download - it really download the XAP file, but we intentionally disabled the installation feature as we did not yet got publishers approval.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Ofir.

Reactions: AndyFZ1S and liva

corlygunnz

Sep 9, 2009
Katy
www.keypunchers.io
Working fine in HD7 DeepShinning V.5 since it does have the DFT Toolkit. But V.5 was deleted and after this version, is not going to support DFT toolkit untill the DFT officially released.

ofir54321

Oct 25, 2009
Tel Aviv
Working fine in HD7 DeepShinning V.5 since it does have the DFT Toolkit. But V.5 was deleted and after this version, is not going to support DFT toolkit untill the DFT officially released.

The nextgen rom supports IE xap install!

GREAAAAAT, work on hd7 with nextgen + rom

Hi All,
This application WILL work with all ROM's that support IE XAP installs - not only DFT.

Thanks for the feedback!
Ofir.

returned4good

Oct 6, 2009
Hi All,
This application WILL work with all ROM's that support IE XAP installs - not only DFT.

Thanks for the feedback!
Ofir.

Didn't work for me. I'm using the Nextgen+ with IE XAP installation with an HD7.

Nevermind. It works anyways!

No, wait. It downloaded, but installation is disabled. :(

Last edited:

empds

Jul 20, 2009
Yeap, it works with deepshining v5. Sadly v5.1 coming up today will not have DFT support tools. I guess this app is useless to me after today.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

corlygunnz

Sep 9, 2009
Katy
www.keypunchers.io
Useless for me since today. DFT rom are too buggy. They have to release their tool asap, to make our life easier and to help developers get their apps to people for beta. WP7 is growing, and lets keep it like that.

Check Out My WP7 App At The Marketplace: "QuickyCalc" And Follow Me In Twitter: "QuickyApps"

Lidanh

Feb 4, 2011
Useless for me since today. DFT rom are too buggy. They have to release their tool asap, to make our life easier and to help developers get their apps to people for beta. WP7 is growing, and lets keep it like that.

Check Out My WP7 App At The Marketplace: "QuickyCalc" And Follow Me In Twitter: "QuickyApps"

Hi,

As we mentioned before, in the next release, Bazaar will be available to all ROM's that has the option of installing apps XAP files. (not only DFT)

Lidan.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,
    For a long time we've been struggling with searching forums for new applications and deploying them using our PC.

Windows Phone OS is also missing a platform for publishing new applications that cannot be released using WP Marketplace – such as Homebrew apps or application that are not complaint with Microsoft Marketplace policies (very much like IPhone’s “Cydia”).

We are happy to introduce to you a new application that we have been implementing for the past couple of weeks.

Meet Bazaar – an alternative Windows phone Marketplace.
    Bazaar is an application that allows you to browse applications by categories, share, download and install them directly within your device without the need to connect your device to your PC.

The installation capabilities of Bazaar are available to fully unlocked devices. This means, that if you have fully unlocked device, you can install homebrew application directly from your Windows Phone.
    If your Windows Phone device is not fully unlocked, you can use Bazaar for PC to deploy applications to your phone with an easy and smooth user interface. It is still recommended to install Bazaar for Windows Phone even if you can't install applications to mark your favorite applications and deploy them altogether later when you get home.

In the near future we will add more functionalities as-
    • Submit new applications via Bazaar web site
    • Online search in Bazaar applications repository
    • And many more…

You are all welcome to suggest features that you would like to see in our future releases.

Independent developers (and who ever knows such :)), want to share your homebrew with the entire Windows Phone homebrew consumers community? send us information about YOUR apps – Icon, description, screenshots, categories, etc.. – so we can help getting your app to as many devices.

important note –
    • Bazaar is NOT a place to distribute “cracked” games and apps. We’re not encouraging piracy.

Thanks to:
    DFT team for their wonderful work in making a FREE rom.
    • “fiinix” (from XDA) for sharing his source code for a WP7 Web Server
    • “ultrashot” (from XDA) for sharing his native installation code!

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WPBazaar
    Our website – www.WP-Bazaar.com
    Emails – support@WP-Bazaar.com, admin@WP-Bazaar.com

Lidan and Ofir.

[UPDATED 18/1/2012] - 0.9.5 - We've now published our fully-functional release.
    In this release you can create an account, mark favorite applications, search for applications online, download and install applications and more...

We are almost ready to publish our version of Bazaar for PC along with the Bazaar for Windows phone version that does not require interop-unlocked so you could automatically deploy all your favorite apps to your device. Stay tuned!

I'm attaching the new fully-functional release - version 0.9.5 and new screenshots for the upcoming release of Bazaar for PC.

[UPDATED 21/1/2012] - 0.9.6 - New installation method.

Bazaar 0.9.6 released! for all fully-unlocked devices

It including some minor bug fixes and a new installation method! many thanks to ultrashot from XDA!

1. Bazaar for PC is released! with Bazaar for PC you will be able to deploy applications to your phone even if it's only developer unlocked!
    Bazaar for PC allows automatic sync, easy access and smooth user interface to use Bazaar's repository.

2. Bazaar for Windows Phone will run on any device (interop\fully unlock are not must-to-have). If your device is able to install XAP files (fully unlocked), you will be able to do that through Bazaar for Windows Phone. but if you are not able to deploy XAP files on your phone, you need to use Bazaar for PC.

[UPDATED 12/5/2012] - 1.5.0

• Toast & Tile notifications for homebrew applications updates. From 1.5 and on, you will be informed automatically when updates are available to any of your homebrew applications. With one single click, you will be able to update all of your outdated applications.
    • Better favorites mechanism - Bazaar allows you to deploy all the favorites applications with one click (instead of one-by-one). Very useful after formatting your phone or installing new ROM.
    • Rank & Reviews screens - Bazaar allows to rank & review applications, this way you can communicate with the developer and give let him know what you think of the application. Please remember to be fair, Constructive criticism is the name of the game.
    • Self updater - Bazaar will be able to update itself from now and on. This means, that next time we release a new version, Bazaar will let know about it and will be able to update itself automatically. No need to connect your phone to your PC or updating from your phone's browser anymore.
    • Better handling for communication issues.
    • Lots of bugs fixed.

[UPDATED 07/07/2012] - 1.7.0

• Toast & Tiles notification will appear now for all users.
    • Background image stretch was fixed.
    • When disabling Bazaar's scheduled task it will not pop up an error any more.
    • Performance improvements.
    • General bugs fixes.
    • Bazaar goes multilingual! Available for the following languages: French, Spanish, Finnish, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Norwegian.

Bazaar for PC and Bazaar for Windows Phone are available for download through our website: http://www.WP-Bazaar.com .

Bazaar for Windows phone (XAP files) is attached to this thread as well.

We'd love to get feedback and ideas for improvment.

Until next time...
    For those of you who don't have fully unlocked devices, we have a solution for you!

Check out the latest release (1.1.0).
    You will be able to use Bazaar for PC to deploy applications to your phone (even if it's developer unlocked).
    Plus, You can install Bazaar on your developer unlocked phone and use it to mark application as favorites when you are out to deploy them altogether automatically when you get home.

We'll be happy to hear your feedback.

Lidan.
    Bazaar V1.5!

Just as we promissed - V1.5 of Bazaar is released for the public.
    Toast & Tile notifications for homebrew updates, better favorites mechanism, rank & review for applications, self-updater for Bazaar, lots of bug fixes.
    Go to: http://wp-bazaar.com/ to download Bazaar and view the full release notes.

Bazaar's XAP file is attached on this thread too.

We have lots of new features & apps for you, so stay tuned :)
    "incompatible ROM'

"Sorry..

Send logs?
    Hit cancel

App shows up fine :

Thank you.
    By the way, The problem you've reported was fixed :) uninstalling the application and redownloading it will fix the problem.

For now, we've removed the warning about "ROM is not supported" so everyone can see the application and test it.

By the way, it's not only simulate a download - it really download the XAP file, but we intentionally disabled the installation feature as we did not yet got publishers approval.

Thanks again for the feedback!
    Ofir.