[Rom] Froyo Fast and Lite by -FuFu-

Search This thread

-FuFu-

Hi there...
here is a simple Rom, i tried to make a simple 2.2.1 Rom that is usable for the people who dont want to flash custom roms.

FFAL.jpg

The Rom is based on a German 2.2.1 sbf, so if you want to use the Rom in other Countrys you may must flash another Baseband via OpenRecovery, but i think you know when it is needed.

Here i only will provide the nandroid Version, on a-h.de Forum i also provide a "Addon Pack" to flash over existing 2.2.1 Rom, but its not updated and there are some problems if there not enough space on /system, so if i have solved the problems i also will provide the Addon Pack here, but i recommend to use the nandroid.

So, here a list of the Changes i made in this nandroid:
- Africakernel (less DSI-Errors) and DSI-Fix
- Overclock to 900mhz
- Apps2EXT (if there is a ext Partition)
- some system-tweaks
- remove some System-Apps
- add some apps
- Launcher replaced by Lagacy Launcher
- add a Filemanager with Rootaccess (free app)
- add SetCPU (xda Version)
- add DSPManager (Audioeffekt)
- add MIUI Camera
- Play Store updated to newest Version
- Music Player replaced
- add Terminal Emulator
- mot_boot_mode hack for applying init.d scripts
- WIFI N support disabled (less wifi problems)
- updated Superuser App + SU Binary
- some build.prop changes and tweaks
- 10% Batterie steps
- replaced Batterysymbol

Download the nandroid: Froyo_Fast_and_Lite_V4.zip

the nandroid also includes the data partition, dont wipe data after restoring the nandroid, it can cause some proplems and setcpu will not work.

there are some more changes in the nandroid, here is the list:
- Gingerbread Theme with 10% Battery steps, replaced Batterysymbol and 4 way reboot over Powermenu
- Battery charginganimation is smoother
- add Note App (Like MIUI Notes)
- add drocap2 (for screenshots)
- add TaskPanel (little Taskkiller)

I recommend to wipe data/cache and ext partition befor restore the nandroid, also make a nandroid of your existing System.

Most of the deleted System-Apps can be Download here: 2.2.1_GApps
just appy via OpenRecovery, its a flashable zip.

also i recommend to set "Window animations" and "Transition animations" to fast in Spare Parts, the system is smoother with this settings i think.

If you have any Problems, just post here... i hope that there a no bigger issues in the nandroid.
i hope you like my nandroid.
and sorry for my bad english ^^

and here is the Link to the German Thread on Android-Hilfe.de: [Rom/Addon] Froyo Fast and Lite by -FuFu-

Last edited:

MotoMileCm7

Oct 17, 2011
I flashed it,but froyo is slowly for me...try to do your work on cm7,that's can be good :)
Thanks for rom :)

Sent from my Milestone using xda app-developers app

Reactions: -FuFu-

Eiertschik

Mar 28, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
I just flashed it and I couldn't even configure WiFi without Settings process constantly FC'ing.
Had to wipe cache and data again after applying the nandroid (yes, I did do the wipes before too).
Now the wallpaper with the ladybug is gone... can't find it - it was in /data, wasn't it?

-FuFu-

yes, the wallpaper is in /data/data/com.android.settings/files

i never have problems with WiFi settings, but i also have sometimes fc's when i try to manage my apps, i think is a memory issues, after i kill some apps with taskpanel it works...
if i have some time, i will test some other memory settings or may it helps to use the SuperCharging script, but at the moment i dont have the time to test it

Eiertschik

Mar 28, 2011
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Hey -FuFu-, could you provide instructions on how to create a custom Bootlogo like you did for this ROM?

Are the steps similar to kabaldan's instruction on creating a 2ndBoot splash image? Swapping RGB channels and stuff? :D

-FuFu-

dexter_10

Apr 18, 2011
Valledupar
Hi all :) nice ROM run very good but I have a trouble with video camera, can't recor a video, when I try record a video the screen is frozen and when I want see the video on gallery can't opent it. I don't know what happen whit it. Maybe only is for me this trouble? And other question, anyone have some troubles with signal ? Some time my device lost the signal for 3 or 5 seconds, after back... Is a little strange.

Well thanks to FUFU nice nice!! I like it. Good job (y) :good:

-FuFu-

update time ;)
just update some apps and change some settings.
if you update from previous version you can delete data partition from the nandroid, no wipe needed.

if you have problems after restoring, please restore the whole nandroid include the data partition.

play store is updatet to v 4.0.27
i also change some settings, for me now all is smooth and no problems until the last 2 weeks of testing.

download: Froyo_Fast_and_Lite_V4

XtriFe

May 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
hey, just wanted to try out this rom on my milestone but i after flashing the linked gapps zip i keep getting this constant nuance.android.vsuite.vsuiteapp force close message which renders the phone completely unusable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there...
    here is a simple Rom, i tried to make a simple 2.2.1 Rom that is usable for the people who dont want to flash custom roms.

FFAL.jpg

The Rom is based on a German 2.2.1 sbf, so if you want to use the Rom in other Countrys you may must flash another Baseband via OpenRecovery, but i think you know when it is needed.

Here i only will provide the nandroid Version, on a-h.de Forum i also provide a "Addon Pack" to flash over existing 2.2.1 Rom, but its not updated and there are some problems if there not enough space on /system, so if i have solved the problems i also will provide the Addon Pack here, but i recommend to use the nandroid.

So, here a list of the Changes i made in this nandroid:
    - Africakernel (less DSI-Errors) and DSI-Fix
    - Overclock to 900mhz
    - Apps2EXT (if there is a ext Partition)
    - some system-tweaks
    - remove some System-Apps
    - add some apps
    - Launcher replaced by Lagacy Launcher
    - add a Filemanager with Rootaccess (free app)
    - add SetCPU (xda Version)
    - add DSPManager (Audioeffekt)
    - add MIUI Camera
    - Play Store updated to newest Version
    - Music Player replaced
    - add Terminal Emulator
    - mot_boot_mode hack for applying init.d scripts
    - WIFI N support disabled (less wifi problems)
    - updated Superuser App + SU Binary
    - some build.prop changes and tweaks
    - 10% Batterie steps
    - replaced Batterysymbol

Download the nandroid: Froyo_Fast_and_Lite_V4.zip

the nandroid also includes the data partition, dont wipe data after restoring the nandroid, it can cause some proplems and setcpu will not work.

there are some more changes in the nandroid, here is the list:
    - Gingerbread Theme with 10% Battery steps, replaced Batterysymbol and 4 way reboot over Powermenu
    - Battery charginganimation is smoother
    - add Note App (Like MIUI Notes)
    - add drocap2 (for screenshots)
    - add TaskPanel (little Taskkiller)

I recommend to wipe data/cache and ext partition befor restore the nandroid, also make a nandroid of your existing System.

Most of the deleted System-Apps can be Download here: 2.2.1_GApps
    just appy via OpenRecovery, its a flashable zip.

also i recommend to set "Window animations" and "Transition animations" to fast in Spare Parts, the system is smoother with this settings i think.

If you have any Problems, just post here... i hope that there a no bigger issues in the nandroid.
    i hope you like my nandroid.
    and sorry for my bad english ^^

and here is the Link to the German Thread on Android-Hilfe.de: [Rom/Addon] Froyo Fast and Lite by -FuFu-
    update time ;)
    just update some apps and change some settings.
    if you update from previous version you can delete data partition from the nandroid, no wipe needed.

if you have problems after restoring, please restore the whole nandroid include the data partition.

play store is updatet to v 4.0.27
    i also change some settings, for me now all is smooth and no problems until the last 2 weeks of testing.

download: Froyo_Fast_and_Lite_V4
    there is a tool from Skrilax_CZ ;)
    here is the thread on a-h.de: http://www.android-hilfe.de/themes-...-english-tool-milestone-custom-boot-logo.html

if the downloadlink dont work:
    .net framework version: http://droid-world.bplaced.net/load.php?file=download/tools/MilestoneBootLogo_v102.zip
    mono version: http://droid-world.bplaced.net/load.php?file=download/tools/MilestoneBootLogo_v102_MONO.zip

its realy simple to create a bootlogo ;) open image and save as nandroid ;)
    froyo is not as fast as CM7
    i just try to make it usable

some tweaks may also work for cm7 but i think kabaldan makes a good job to configurate cm7 as best as possible.
    you can delete the VSuiteApp.apk from /system/app
    if you what to use the app, use V3 from here: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Android/Froyo Fast and Lite

in V4 i delete the needed files from /system, at the time i'm very busy, but if i have some time, i will make a update.zip to make VSuite useable on my latest nandroid

thanks, but when i tried doing that id get the same error but with a "voice" app, cant remember.
    I ended up flashing the froyo gapps zip for Cyanogenmod and it works fine now.

However, one more thing, it seems like the keyboard is set up for QWERTZ, I have a QWERTY keyboard.
    I flashing a zip that would switch it from qwertz to qwerty back when i bought my first milestone (like 3 years ago), but I cant find it. Any ideas ? thanks in advance

EDIT: Found an option to change the keyboard layout to QWERTY under Settings > Keyboard Layout, using Open Recovery.