Well, f@#k Verizon

Search This thread

Yehudah

Oct 14, 2012
12mpbs down on Verizon

42 on TMo

I could give a **** about some backwoods service area. Y'all enjoy getting screwed on pricing and continue to watch your service get worse.

TMo is spotty here, ATT isn't that much better, and they both are better than Sprint - but not even close to VZW.

I'll stick with VZW.

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
There are always two sides of any story. The fact is that VZW has the largest footprint and the best service of all the carriers - I don't think the stats would lie about that. That said, you get what you pay for. If you pay $14 a month for service, you are going to get your $14 worth.

I've had my share of problems with VZW, but my problems with TMo and Sprint were worse. Overall, VZW has done me right - and I've done some stupid crap and expected to get jacked up by them - and didn't.

My contract is up next week. My DNA is still as good as any phone out there, better than most, way better.

I'd like to know the entire story by the OP, the whole thing. VZW wouldn't charge you for no real reason - in the last 10 years I've had them, I've never seen them do this. And in my experience as a Federal IT guy with close ties to these carriers federal contracts - charging for no reason just doesn't happen.

I agree with your opinion on Verizon. But op is correct..... They will charge 300 dollars, (or even up to full retail price) at their discretion if the returned phone does not meet their guidelines.

thayl0

May 26, 2013
T-Mobile is nonexistent where I live.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tmobile is nonexistent pretty much everywhere you go. Tmobile stands for terrible mobile.
Verizon I get 49

12mpbs down on Verizon

42 on TMo

I could give a **** about some backwoods service area. Y'all enjoy getting screwed on pricing and continue to watch your service get worse.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

whskytango

Feb 24, 2014
Bay City
I guess it depends on the day, because I sent a phone in for warranty, replacement and it had one small hairline crack, not a scratch a crack and they accepted it just fine. But where I live Verizon has the best service and anywhere I go I always have great service and lte can't say the same for any other carrier, but I do think Verizon should send the phone back to you if you want if there was an issue...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I'm wondering also if there is more to the phone then you thought, little bit of water damage in charging port would be disqualification from warranty, just imho I highly doubt they charged you for a small little surface scratch....

whskytango

Feb 24, 2014
Bay City
Well if they said its because a scratch have them provide pictures, and they do take pictures because if they have no proof there charges won't stick, and if you get pictures and it is a scratch, I would push the issue more, request higher personal to speak with, because a scratch is purely cosmetic, a scratch will not affect the phone at all. I know it might be a pain in the ass arguing with them but I would, I dont know about most but $300 to me is a lot just to throw away.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Move up the chain of command, I once had a issue with at&t internet at my business and they would not do nothing about it, I eventually worked up to the president of the company and 24 hours later my issue was resolved and then some. :) all I'm saying is the people you talked to are only going off a report that was done when the phone was received, and the person who inspected it could have mistaken a scratch for a crack, so ask for proof and get ready to talk because I know it would only take me a day on the phone and I would be receiving that $300 back... As long as the statement your saying are true.. Good Luck

huntb

Aug 20, 2012
What was the original reason you sent the phone in? Did you have insurance through Asurion?

Codiusprime

May 13, 2010
Wow, not sure what's going on there. I've replaced numerous phones through Verizon and I never have a screen protector on my phone. Never been hit with a charge, maybe you caught a tech on a crap day? That sucks.

MisterSprinkles

May 9, 2013
Westmoreland
I'm with everyone that has had zero issues. Total in the last 1 1/2 years between my wife and I, we have sent in probably close to 30 phones and not one charge. We even forgot to send one back one time and had it for like 2 months. When we finally got around to sending it back, they added a $500 credit to our bill. The same amount they charged for the device we forgot to return. With that being said, anyone have issues sending in a DNA without the charging port cover?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
I'm with everyone that has had zero issues. Total in the last 1 1/2 years between my wife and I, we have sent in probably close to 30 phones and not one charge. We even forgot to send one back one time and had it for like 2 months. When we finally got around to sending it back, they added a $500 credit to our bill. The same amount they charged for the device we forgot to return. With that being said, anyone have issues sending in a DNA without the charging port cover?

Im almost sure no one still has theirs so it shouldn't be a problem mine finally fell off after a year. It shouldn't be an issue but if they charged him for a scratch and you get the same tech im sure you would get charged

Phaded

Apr 6, 2010
Verizon

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394666619673.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394666619673.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: JB_Da_Greatest

Phaded

Apr 6, 2010
T-Mobile

Both done same time and area... so please tell me more about terrible service lol

Again, I'm not in rural areas so I think I'll enjoy the switch.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394666681609.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394666681609.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 118

Phaded

Apr 6, 2010
One more Verizon one before the "zomg one bar" comment

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394667178566.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394667178566.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 112

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
I'll add that where I live and my immediate neighbourhood, I was getting very spotty verizon service (1/4 of the time searching for signal) and with t-mobile it has been solid everywhere my normal life takes me.

jgraves12

Mar 14, 2013
Damn guys, different services work for different people. There's just about 0 T-Mobile coverage in central Michigan so I use Verizon. But if there was T-Mobile coverage I'd switch in a heartbeat for the lower prices and phone selection.

Arguing over which is better is pointless because it's completely subjective.

Reactions: whskytango

thayl0

May 26, 2013
I shall post my Verizon picture later.

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013

Yea it's fine. I worried about that to. I had no issues

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Meh.... I would rather get this speed, pretty much anywhere I go then your T Mobile speed in just a couple specific locations. TMobile is garbage I came from them. You will quickly see lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are always two sides of any story. The fact is that VZW has the largest footprint and the best service of all the carriers - I don't think the stats would lie about that. That said, you get what you pay for. If you pay $14 a month for service, you are going to get your $14 worth.

I've had my share of problems with VZW, but my problems with TMo and Sprint were worse. Overall, VZW has done me right - and I've done some stupid crap and expected to get jacked up by them - and didn't.

My contract is up next week. My DNA is still as good as any phone out there, better than most, way better.

I'd like to know the entire story by the OP, the whole thing. VZW wouldn't charge you for no real reason - in the last 10 years I've had them, I've never seen them do this. And in my experience as a Federal IT guy with close ties to these carriers federal contracts - charging for no reason just doesn't happen.
    While all you switch from Verizon I'll b smiling because I'll have the best service

So I send a phone in for replacement. Today my bill shows a $300 device charge. I call... apparently a singular scratch on the screen warrants a $300 damaged device charge. Not a crack, a gouge, A SINGLE SMALL SURFACE SCRATCH!

Talked to numerous reps and managers. They will not reverse the charge. Tried explaining that I would pay the insurance claim charge had I known a scratch would warrant the charge.

So as of an hour ago, I am a T-Mobile customer. My nexus 5 arrives in a few days.

This community has been great and I hope the great development continues for this wonderful phone.

I'll still lurk and help in my thread and with issues, but I'm out yo.
    So I send a phone in for replacement. Today my bill shows a $300 device charge. I call... apparently a singular scratch on the screen warrants a $300 damaged device charge. Not a crack, a gouge, A SINGLE SMALL SURFACE SCRATCH!

Talked to numerous reps and managers. They will not reverse the charge. Tried explaining that I would pay the insurance claim charge had I known a scratch would warrant the charge.

So as of an hour ago, I am a T-Mobile customer. My nexus 5 arrives in a few days.

This community has been great and I hope the great development continues for this wonderful phone.

I'll still lurk and help in my thread and with issues, but I'm out yo.

Also jumping ship at the end of my contract in november, keeping the dna as my phone till i can afford a new one, but yeah not sticking around for high prices and crap CS
    I'm with you, they should all switch to ATT and TMo.

Just makes my service better in my area. I hope everyone in my area changes.