[UPG] New USPLs & IPLs for Elf & Elfin - Latest Version 3.14 [ONLINE]

Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
ok, having not modified my phone in any way yet. The patching of the SPL seems like the best way to get started and easiest way to play with custom roms. Now what I'm wondering is if I have this right.

My phone has IPL 2.21.0002 & SPL 2.21.0000, and I'd like to go straight to IPL 2.27.0002 & USPL 2.28.0000.

Let me write down what I believe the procedure is, please correct me if I'm mistaken, thank you.

1. Install EnableRapi.Cab & Cert_SPC.Cab on device, reboot. (is this done only the one time, or before each IPL/SPL update?)
2. Remove MicroSD/SIM card from device
3. Connect device through ActiveSync. (Allow USB connections on or off?)
4. Run the elf-uspl.exe from USPL 1.17.0000 and follow instructions.
5. When successful, run the elf-uspl.exe from IPL 2.27.0002 and follow instructions.
6. When successful, run the elf-uspl.exe from USPL 2.28.0000 and follow instructions.
7. Great Success?

Just like badaas I feel that I should ask before I risk a wrong step and causing unnecessary problems.

You and I have the same phone, I believe. I went to IPL/SPL 2.27/2.28 last night. Basically you want to flash the USPL first before you flash a anything else. Your steps are correct -- make sure you have ActiveSynch running with the USB on. After you have the USPL, you can flash directly from the RomUpdateUtility.exe without removing any card or doing the extra steps previously. You can even flash from the bootloader if you have USPL.

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Been using the Orange UK 2.27 WWE for a day now. It is reasonably fast, although of course it is not going to be as speedy as UCE or PDAViet.

I think I'll keep this one for a bit until something new comes along soon! (What's the point updating my sig when it's changing every half day!)

Last edited:

ChiemY

Jan 12, 2007
sorry for the long time i take to upgrade my elf but i need it this week end ;)

i have ugrade in one step ipl and uspl directly from the bootloader:
IPL: 1.19.0002 to 2.26.0002
USLP: 1.19.0000 to 2.26.0000

Join this 2 Attached files in a new one (ELF_IPL-USPL_2.26.0000.zip).

Last edited:

badaas

Feb 28, 2008
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5
All done, went from 1.11 USPL (pof) to 1.17 USPL to 2.26 IPL/USPL with ELF_IPL-USPL_2.26.0000.zip (had to take SIM/SD card out to flash else got 206 error), then went to IPL 2.27 from tri-color bootloader, rebooted all fine, reset to tri-color bl then flashed 2.28 SPL, reboot to OS, all good. Then reflashed AB 9.03 UCE from tri with cards in, as suggested earlier, everything A-OKAY!

thanks all :D

Last edited:

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
hi all, me too , i have IPL 2.27 AND SPL 2.28 in my ELF (not elfin) and everything is ok. i will trys ROM AB UCE later :)

!Aman!

Retired Moderator
Feb 18, 2008
Brampton
That makes it easier for me, just curious what the reason in the 3rd post is for downgrading if you have a pre 2.26 device, but it's actually skippable?
well, those instructions in post 3 for Pre 2.26 are actually for Elf devices which had IPL/SPL of the series 1.1X. If an Elf already has IPL/SPL in series 2.2X, those instructions need not be considered.

neoceltic

Nov 14, 2007
Milano
flashed my Elf (128/64)

from IPL 1.11.0002 / SPL 1.11.0000 (pof patched)
to IPL 1.11.0002 / SPL 1.17.0000 (htctouchp patched)

then in one go (ELF_IPL-USPL_2.26.0000)
from IPL 1.11.0002 / SPL 1.17.0000
to IPL 2.26.0000 / SPL 2.26.0000

then
from IPL 2.26.0000 to IPL 2.27.0002
reboot
and again
from SPL 2.26.0000 to SPL 2.28.0002

Always removing SD card.

Flashed Ababrekar AB.UC.DXS.9.03 (without removing Kingston SDHC 4Gb and SIM card)

Everything OK!

Lokosis

Dec 3, 2007
Huntsville, Ontario
Ok, update has been done, couldn't have gone smoother. USPL loaded fine, during the IPL preconfig the phone stalled on the linux loader, after a reset it went without any problems.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and answering my noobish questions. So if I'm correct, I can now use the RUU to update my phone with any of the cooked/custom roms available for my phone like new radio, and even trying out PDAVIET's without having to...

hah, now when I think about how does having the patched USPL actually benefit me (other than a smoother functioning phone)?

From what I know, this made my phone permanently CID unlocked, so I can flash roms, but which steps do I get to avoid because of having this done now? Just using the elf-uspl.exe? and being able to flash all roms straight from RUU in bootloader?

Too many questions..lol... =\

Last edited:

!Aman!

Retired Moderator
Feb 18, 2008
Brampton
Ok, update has been done, couldn't have gone smoother. USPL loaded fine, during the IPL preconfig the phone stalled on the linux loader, after a reset it went without any problems.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and answering my noobish questions. So if I'm correct, I can now use the RUU to update my phone with any of the cooked/custom roms available for my phone like new radio, and even trying out PDAVIET's without having to...

hah, now when I think about how does having the patched USPL actually benefit me (other than a smoother functioning phone)?
congrats :)
and yes, u can flash any cooked ROMs, radio etc. just be careful while using shipped ROMs coz they will CID lock the phone again.

littld

May 18, 2005
I got nowhere with my Elfin using this method. I'm on IPL 2.02.0002 and SPL 2.20.000.

I removed the sim and sd card, enabled rapi, cert etc and each time it's supposed to go to the blank screen it either goes to tricolour or just resets.

I've spent a few hours on this, I think I am stuck with wm6 for now.

!Aman!

Retired Moderator
Feb 18, 2008
Brampton
I got nowhere with my Elfin using this method. I'm on IPL 2.02.0002 and SPL 2.20.000.

I removed the sim and sd card, enabled rapi, cert etc and each time it's supposed to go to the blank screen it either goes to tricolour or just resets.

I've spent a few hours on this, I think I am stuck with wm6 for now.
can u tell me which USPL did u try to flash?
PS: did u try a hard reset first and then enable rapi etc?

Last edited:

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Sorry for the late reply...

That makes it easier for me, just curious what the reason in the 3rd post is for downgrading if you have a pre 2.26 device, but it's actually skippable?

Yeah that was indeed not needed, afterwards it was confirmed not being that necessary . But it was also a way to exclude different ways of doing it.

Lokosis

Dec 3, 2007
Huntsville, Ontario
One last question. Are Cert_SPCS.cab and EnableRapi.cab necessary anymore for anything? Or is their purpose obsolete now that the phone is CID unlocked? Just wondering if I install a new cooked rom will I need to install these again.

!Aman!

Retired Moderator
Feb 18, 2008
Brampton
One last question. Are Cert_SPCS.cab and EnableRapi.cab necessary anymore for anything? Or is their purpose obsolete now that the phone is CID unlocked? Just wondering if I install a new cooked rom will I need to install these again.
no, u don't need them anymore. they are just required to be installed on a shipped ROM for flashing the USPL

paljikari

Jun 22, 2008
Stuck

Hi guys
I got IPL 2.27.0002 SPL 2.28.0000 but my phone is stuck in boot loader mode, i used wrong ROM
i have tryed all methods hard,soft reset,mtty...
Is CID locked ELF010050 VODAP304
Usually all the Roms that i tryed was stuck in 3% but this one went quickly to 100% but then it gives me ERROR 270

PLEASE HELP

!Aman!

Retired Moderator
Feb 18, 2008
Brampton
Hi guys
I got IPL 2.27.0002 SPL 2.28.0000 but my phone is stuck in boot loader mode, i used wrong ROM
i have tryed all methods hard,soft reset,mtty...
Is CID locked ELF010050 VODAP304
Usually all the Roms that i tryed was stuck in 3% but this one went quickly to 100% but then it gives me ERROR 270

PLEASE HELP
unfortunately if u get stuck in bootloader by flashing an incorrect ROM after USPL, only shipped ROM matching with the phone's CID/DID can save you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dump the SPL from Elf(in)

Those who are interested in dumping their SPL from the phone, please follow the steps below:

1. Download the attached archive (thanks to kokotas).
    2. Unzip it somewhere (preferably to the root of a drive).
    3. Connect your phone to PC with USB cable.
    4. Make sure that ActiveSync is working.
    5. Run the DSPL.bat file and follow on-screen instructions.

After the SPL dump is finished, you will get a new file named SPL.nbx in the unzipped folder. But this will be a 512 KB dump file and CAN NOT be flashed to Elf/Elfin as such. Therefore, if someone wants to make a working SPL of the dump, please PM me the link of the dumped SPL.nbx file and i'll make a flashable SPL of the same.

EDIT: there is an easier method posted by dsixda to dump the SPL in this thread, i recommend to use that instead of this one.
    Thanks!
    Can you chek it for me;

I didn't flash it, but from the hex values I saw I'd say it's valid,
    so you can keep it as a backup!

Regards!

PS:Nice nickname:D lol
    hi,
    I try to upgrade my HTC touch GSM with WM6.1 and i done it.. after 15 min my device
    got off. then i restart it it showing " Smart Mobility " and get off. when i enter boot loader screen manually it shows...

IPL 1.15.0002

SPL 1.15.0000

when i m trying to install same or any other rom while installing device get restarted again " smart mobility " and off....

what should i do now???

PLZ help me!!!!!!!!!!! :( :(

You've gotten yourself a brick. Follow on of the guides on how to unbrick your elf to fix it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App