Zeki Streaming Media Box

Search This thread

sirzune

Sep 21, 2012
My browsing is slow...

How is your browsing speed? What browser are you using? Youtube plays fine for me, but Facebook is slow and cumbersome. I have fast internet, and I am only 15 feet from my wifi box. I don't get it. I don't want to hard-wire it to the router. You seem satisfied. What are you doing differently, please. Thanks.

I just picked up the ZEKI SMB at walmart also. I have 3 Roku and the vizio co-star and I can say this is not as popular but it can be. It gives you more option than the roku because you have access to the google play store. The vizio costar has access to the google play as well but I can't get 95% of my apps to install not even by sideloading.

This box gives you a 100% Android feel with the ability to customize the home screen and access the google settings just like your phone or tablet.

So far I can't get the hulu plus but I haven't tried the other modified hulu apps I have yet. I have FB, gmail, my regular email, netflix, plex app which are my main apps up and running.

installing apps could be faster but i'm not sure if it's due to my doing it via wifi or if it's cpu.

The remote does feel cheap but it's not as big and bulky as the co-star remote.

I can see this becoming very big if it can get rooted and then a nice kernal for some OC/UC love.

gadsden

Sep 18, 2009
Since returning mine, I have never been happier. I know this isn't really going to help anyone who really wants an Android box, but this is what I did. I got a used, core 2 duo gateway tower for $60. Installed a graphics card with an HDMI port that I picked up on craigslist for $45. Finally, I bought an iPazzport air mouse remote for $25, prime on Amazon. There are many other options for remotes, so I'm not stuck with whatever lousy one an Android box comes with. I installed XBMC and use it almost exclusively for everything. There is a plugin for Hulu, and tons of support for all sorts of different plugins. I have no cable and I can watch just about anything I want. I am going to cancel Netflix because I haven't used it in months due to the overwhelming amount of media I have access to. I have any browser I want and I can install anything for Windows. Obviously we all know how to use a computer, so there isn't any sort of learning curve either. Plus, I can hook up any hard drive I have movies loaded on, or stream from another computer's hard drive via SMB. I am doing pretty much everything I wanted the Zeki to do, but with a lot more ease.

So, total cost on this was $130, plus some time to get it all together. I did spend more money on this setup than the Zeki, but if you ave an old computer laying around, your battle is half way over. I also already had a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, so I could have saved another $25, but I wanted the iPazzport because it's smaller and easier to use. I imagine most of us could find everything you need to make a PC media center for under $100, or maybe even for free. The core 2 duo is faster than I have ever needed for a media device, and a heck of a lot faster than the Zeki. Again, I know it's not Android, but I love it way more than the 3 different android devices I tried. Just a thought that some of you might prefer this route than struggling with the Zeki.

sirzune

Sep 21, 2012
I picked one up from the walmart. Loaded XBMC frodo just fine. Now if I could just find a way to root

You loaded XBMC Frodo. What are the advantages of that, please? Does the Zeki box perform better, or is XBMC just additional functionality? I bought the Zeki box and I'm not really liking it; it takes at least a half an hour to really get to performing well. I don't understand that, but when it works, it works.

Thanks

cruz40

Mar 18, 2008
I installed pub_a10_i8_1280x720_ddr408_odt_1.6.0_1127(xinwu).img firmware on this box and works better then ever. quick and responsive . way better the that junk stock firmware

Reactions: crazyeats

lilkuz2005

Mar 20, 2013
I installed pub_a10_i8_1280x720_ddr408_odt_1.6.0_1127(xinwu).img firmware on this box and works better then ever. quick and responsive . way better the that junk stock firmware

would you please make a tutorial and upload the files so i can try this out, i have this box but it was so slow when i first bought it, so i never messed with it since :D

lilkuz2005

Mar 20, 2013
I got kodi working with MXPlayerFree as an external player on this box thing works perfect for what I want now

well i flashed the rom. i got firefox, es filemanager, netflix, and kodi installed. video playback is pretty choppy using kodi with 1channel, i was using wifi though, i need to move it to my router and try a wired connection, the home screen feels more responsive now with the new rom. need to test root as well

cruz40

Mar 18, 2008
well i flashed the rom. i got firefox, es filemanager, netflix, and kodi installed. video playback is pretty choppy using kodi with 1channel, i was using wifi though, i need to move it to my router and try a wired connection, the home screen feels more responsive now with the new rom. need to test root as well
you cant play thru kodi as kodi doesn't have hardware acceleration . but there is a work around go to the go to the google play store and install mxplayer free then you have to put the a playercorefactory.xml into (Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ ) plays like a champ

lilkuz2005

Mar 20, 2013
you cant play thru kodi as kodi doesn't have hardware acceleration . but there is a work around go to the go to the google play store and install mxplayer free then you have to put the a playercorefactory.xml into (Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ ) plays like a champ
i got it working now, this little box is okay now, the power button on the box and the remote isn't working anymore with the new rom installed, can you tell me how to access the boot menu to clear the cache ? can i install a custom recovery on this ? also are you using wifi or are you hard wired to the box ? i would like to be able to get some use out of this thing. i got really good video playback now in kodi with the mxplayer as an external player, i have tested it with 1channel and streaming a movie, playback was pretty good. thanks for all your help

cruz40

Mar 18, 2008
search google for "MK802 II Update 1208FW.zip" seams to be the beast firmware for this box even better then the last one posted

XTCslim

Jul 30, 2015
can someone help me

Can someone send me a copy of the root, recovery, and new rom installation on this device? Thanks in advance! I know this is a fairly old post. But I hope someone still has the info.

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
Hey folks. A friend of mine just handed me this box with all eccecories. Said if you can fix it then then you won't have to throw it away. So I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction? Just need files, not support.
Thank you in advance.

SethNkC

Sep 15, 2010
Kansas City
ok so I just picked this little box up. trying to et kodi o play on It. noticed the page back some one was able to get it running. any help would be great!

bgehr123

Jan 12, 2016
Zeki Box Need Help stuck in boot loop

search google for "MK802 II Update 1208FW.zip" seams to be the beast firmware for this box even better then the last one posted

Will this work if unit is stuck in boot loop? Or if any one knows how to recover this box as I have not been able to. as it has no volume +/- button, any help would be great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone ever seen or heard of the Zeki Streaming Media Box? We got two of these in at work today and it looked really interesting. A quick Google search turned up no results.

The listed specs are:
    • Android (doesn't list the version, but looks to be at lest ICS)
    • 1 GB RAM
    • HDMI out
    • Ethernet
    • 2 USB posts
    • SD card slot
    • WiFi 802.11b/g/n
    • 4 GB flash memory

And it looks like it includes:
    • Remote (Appears to have a full QWERTY keyboard)
    • HDMI cable
    • Power adapter

And here's a picture of the front and back of the box: http://i.imgur.com/BMk8bDT.jpg

Sorry about the non-clear pictures. I think it says "TAB803B" as a model number, but I'll have to check. If that's indeed the case, it may be related to the MK803-based series of HDMI sticks.

Yeah, I picked one up at Wal-Mart yesterday for $98 total. Tried to set it up and couldn't get it to power on! The instructions say that it's normal for it to take several minutes to boot up but never got it to show any kind of menu or anything - just an annoying red flashing light that never turned blue and a black TV screen - yes I checked the HDMI connections - so maybe it was DOA out of the box? At any rate, the box is bigger than my Roku 3. The combo QWRTY keyboard and remote is a good idea but in my opinion, the whole thing is poorly constructed. It's going back tomorrow. I am not a paid spokesperson for Roku but I really love the Roku experience but would love to use an Android type device so I can stream my SlingBox which unfortunately isn't supported on Roku. I also saw that my Wal-Mart had an Equiso but after reading all the negative reviews I passed on that. As with anything, take this "review" with a grain of salt and your mileage may vary.
    would you please make a tutorial and upload the files so i can try this out, i have this box but it was so slow when i first bought it, so i never messed with it since :D
    I sent it to you as a private massage as I cant post links yet
    here is a couple links that have the firmware, the videoplayer, and the xml files needed for external media player in kodi for the Zeki media box
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/gcq5j6

http://frd.li/b01cc6d55c4ea61d
    hey can i get the link??

I would appreciate it if you would send me the link as well. this zeki really blows...