(ROM)(AOSP) Team Gummy ROM

Search This thread

petard

Feb 12, 2006
Holy crap there is an actual AOSP ROM for the TMO Note 3 now?

I'm really wondering why this phone isn't more popular with the modding community. It seemed perfect, awesome hardware, huge screen, unlocked bootloader, and works on both TMO and AT&T.

Reactions: mongonexus

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
ROM is rock stable. Just a couple of FC's when I try to enter settings through the quick settings. But aside from that, I haven't encountered anything major

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Ya I'm working on that. Seems like a permissions error. Or something. Thank you for testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
BTW in case anybody is wondering, Viper audio mod works great. It didn't work properly on CM11 because of the DSP Manager libs and stuff.

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Another possible bug is battery life. It never really goes into deep sleep.

dyjuryty.jpg

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
Ya I've been using setcpu to make it sleep. I'll try to get it fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nickster1

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Give the Temasek kernel a try in the mean time. It has given me amazing performance and battery life.

Just got my note 3 yesterday and I see this!! Gummy ROM? That's awesome!! Thanks so much for bringing this to us. I quoted the above to ask, where are u getting this kernel? I looked around original dev real quick but I didn't see it. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nickster1

Dec 8, 2011
Minneapolis
Google Pixel 7
I am absolutely loving this rom. Very smooth & fast & I am enjoying all the features you have in the rom. This is very good work for such an early build. I really can't find anything to complain about Lol.

otisman

May 12, 2012
Babymatteo grab gennify and hibernate the apps your not really using them grab app ops and turn off the keep awake on the location Google app maps etc watch your phone sleep like a baby much alohas

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
Yup. Love how app ops is built in the settings.

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Just got my note 3 yesterday and I see this!! Gummy ROM? That's awesome!! Thanks so much for bringing this to us. I quoted the above to ask, where are u getting this kernel? I looked around original dev real quick but I didn't see it. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The kernel is in Temaseks CM11 thread. 2nd post

Reactions: pathtologos

btbamzao

Apr 12, 2011
Houston, TX
Reactions: pathtologos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY
    IulWCzh.png
    Gummy ROM is made for speed, stability and to stay as closely in line with AOSP as possible while still supporting a large amount of devices and giving you all of the features you love. It isn’t slowed down by features you’ll never use nor is it so slim as to be just another AOSP build.

Features:

* New base built from AOSP
    * Status Bar Mods
    * Theme Manager
    * Hardware Key Mod
    * Lock Screen Mod
    * Many Wallpapers
    * Performance Control
    * Application Permission Controls
    * Carrier Label Options
    * Background Style
    * Lock clock widget

Instructions for installations:

1. Download ROM
    2. Download Gapps
    3. Push to sdcard
    4. Reboot Recovery
    5. Wipe Data and Cache
    6. Install ROM
    7. Install Gapps
    8. Reboot System

Contributions:

* Thank you to Cyanogenmod for device and hardware repositories. Without this, porting Gummy to QCOM devices would have been nearly impossible.
    * Thank you to Google for the best source code.
    * androidfilehost.com for hosting our file servers!

Team Members: In alphabetical order

Primary Developers:
    Cphelps76, Kejar31

Developers and Device Maintainers:
    Bkjolly, BytecodeMe, DHacker27, Hashcode, NoCoast, Papi92, TDM, Xoomdev

Artwork direction and development
    ChadFrankos, Cphelps76, Kejar31

Github- https://github.com/TEAM-Gummy

Gerrit- http://review.gummyrom.com/#/q/status:open,n,z

Twitter- @gummyRom

GAPPS - http://d-h.st/rSW

ROM- http://droid-hive.com/index.php?/topic/2573-romaosp-team-gummy-rom-t-mobile/

During installation please wipe data and cache. Also, I would fix permissions. Some testers are reporting that it makes the overall experience better. I have not seen a difference.

Issues 01/23/14

You tell me.

OK thanks for the nightly link. I don't mean to sound *****y. Sorry if I did. Love love love the ROM and appreciate the work being put into it.

No its okay.. I just got the phone the other day.. The other guys were able to get a build to work by using some CM repos... I was able to properly get everything into our source just the other day... Working with IMO for the proper inclusion of the kernel in our source as well.....

Things would go faster but I recently started a new job and the wife just had our baby 5 weeks ago lol

Thanks Guys. We are working on a BIG CHANGE soon. It should really help us get into the talk of best ROMs :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Too me ever cm asop ioap etc is a best ROM in its own way it the one or two bad eggs that bash and feel making people look stupid is what bring down the ROM if everyone would help and respect everyone all we would have is number ones across the board! Lot more respectful user in asop then tw! With that been said much alohas papi and team for your work!

This ROM works great. Surprised more people aren't using it. No reboots...sound is good and battery is great with stock kernel. Thanks for the work

People are using it. The problem is there is nothing to complain about Lol.
    As of today the device name for this rom will be hlte... As all hlte devices have been merged into one.