FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+][2017.02.09] CF.lumen v3.70

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,124

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th April 2014, 11:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th November 2015, 05:12 PM |#1001  
Flag Leipzig
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey, i switched from a Nexus 5 to a OnePlus 2 and I can't get cf.lumen to work on the device. When I try to save my location the phone reboots. After that the phone reboots to the lockscreen and then immediately restarts itself.

Phone: OP2
ROM: (Stock) Oxygen OS 2.1.1
Kernel: (Stock) Oxygen OS kernel (3.10.49)
Root access: latest SuperSU
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.7.0
CF.Lumen version: 3.16

I also tried version 3.00 but it also doesn't work. I can set the location but thats it. Nothing is changed.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/r...t-loop.396822/ There is also a thread in the OnePlus Two forum but no solution.

Hope you can help us. This app is so amazing!

10th November 2015, 08:40 PM |#1002  
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDis

Any possibility that this could cause damage to the hardware?
Installed on Moto X Pure Edition, and shortly after, started seeing verticle lines that extended 95% up the screen. Uninstalled CF.lumen and still had the lines and patterns. Factory reset did not fix it so RMAing the phone. I know this could just be a coincidence, or it could have stressed defective hardware, but curious if anyone else has seen anything like this?

What you're describing sounds like a purely hardware issue. Maybe a connector came loose. That happened on my old TF101 when I had that. A hard whack to the proper side fixed it
10th November 2015, 09:35 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 479

More
@Chainfire: cf.lumen prevents enabling app protection and call blocker switches in the 5.0.2 avast mobile security. They say it's click jacking protection, but SuperSU has that too and everything works fine. So obviously something is not quite right. If there's anything I can do please let me know.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
11th November 2015, 12:52 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi, when i use any filter, and i pull down the notification bar, the background appears to be glitched. will there be a workaround? sorry if this was reported
12th November 2015, 11:33 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Cloud Search
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankog

@Chainfire:
Beta 3.11:
Nvidia Shield Tablet
- Tegra K1 (arm)
- Firmware 3.1 on Android 5.1.1
[...]
{Problem with lagging and stalling system after some time of YouTube or Twitch playback}
[...]

Can you completely disable CF.lumen (uninstall preferably), reboot, then go into Setting -> Developer Options, make sure "Disable hardware overlays (Always use GPU for screen compositing)" is enabled (checked), then try YouTube again and see what happens?

(disable this option again before reinstalling CF.lumen)

It might also be related to the specific video you are playing (DRM protected or not). I'm not sure.

It took some time, but the problem arose indeed (CF Lumen not installed, disabled hardware overlay). However, it only happened once so far and it happened with Twitch, while this happens nearly guaranteed with activated CF Lumen and Youtube or Twitch playback.

I got a System Log attached with some interesting error messages.
The crash supposedly began at timestamp
00:29:16.298
It seems the main problem arises at:
Code:
[...]
[NVBLIT] ERROR: DecompressInPlaceFailed - Failed to decompress surface (0xffffffe8) 
E/00:29:16.349 nvblit  (  181)
Sync: ERROR dup(<69:fence>) returned -1 [Flush]
D/00:29:16.348 NvOsDebugPrintf(  181)
DstRect         = [0.00, 0.00 - 1200.00, 1920.00]
DstSurface      = 1200x1920 RGBA_8888
Flags           = DecompressInPlace
[NVBLIT] Validated state:
E/00:29:16.348 nvblit  (  181)
gpu_submit_gpfifo: NVHOST_IOCTL_CHANNEL_SUBMIT_GPFIFO error 24 (Too many open files)
W/00:29:16.343 SurfaceFlinger(  181)
onDraw: bindTextureImage failed (err=-24)
E/00:29:16.342 GLConsumer(  181)
[SurfaceView] doGLFenceWait: error dup'ing fence fd: 24
E/00:29:16.330 Fence   (  181)
merge: sync_merge("FramebufferSurface:1", 244, 213) returned an error: Too many open files (-24)
E/00:29:16.298 Surface (  181)
dequeueBuffer: error duping fence: 24
[...]
and leads to a whole cascade of following errors regards renderers and buffers.
So it seems it all might boil down to a simple "Too many open files" error that causes the whole runtime system to fall apart.
The question is, why is this happening (rarely) when hardware overlay is disabled and why is it supposedly happening so often with enabled CF Lumen?
What could I (or possibly you with the app) do to prevent this?

/proc/sys/fs/file-max
is set to 174515 by default. But I am not fond of Linux, so I am not sure if increasing this would actually help. In the end it only would be a crude workaround and won't fix the source of the problem.
13th November 2015, 09:42 AM |#1006  
Flag Lakewood Ranch, FL
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles

Not getting any color changes on the Nexus 6P running stock. Going back to 3.0.

Edit: Even 3.0 didn't work on Marshmallow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Same on my 6p stock rooted

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
15th November 2015, 11:51 PM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Verify driver is removed before new ROM flash
Hello all,

I've been using the cf.lumen root driver since older versions required it to be installed, unlike now. I'm currently wanting to flash a new ROM but am not certain that the original cf.lumen driver really uninstalled when it updated to a new version that didn't require it. I don't want to brick my phone but I thought the driver had to be uninstalled before flashing a new ROM.

How do I verify that the driver was uninstalled correctly?

Is it necessary to uninstall the driver if I'm doing a clean flash of a new ROM?

Thanks, all.
16th November 2015, 11:24 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanks

Hello all,

I've been using the cf.lumen root driver since older versions required it to be installed, unlike now. I'm currently wanting to flash a new ROM but am not certain that the original cf.lumen driver really uninstalled when it updated to a new version that didn't require it. I don't want to brick my phone but I thought the driver had to be uninstalled before flashing a new ROM.

How do I verify that the driver was uninstalled correctly?

Is it necessary to uninstall the driver if I'm doing a clean flash of a new ROM?

Thanks, all.

Good question, I was wondering the same thing? With the newest cf lumen, do we need to uninstall the driver before a rom update? And how to uninstall the driver?
16th November 2015, 11:52 AM |#1009  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 362

More
I have very similar issue here. I use cf.lumen on every of phones from the day one i buy a new phone. I bought Moto X Style (Pure Edition) and installed cf.lumen. Nothing happened. After installation when the app is open it always ask confirmation for the driver to be installed but when I open the app after install, it didn't ask any.

I manually changed driver "non root" one and can see colour changing but not the best like lumen's driver.

Has anyone resolved this no effect issues on the newer phones like Nexus P or Moto X Style.
17th November 2015, 07:54 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 321

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilmadic

OnePlus 2 and I can't get cf.lumen to work on the device. When I try to save my location the phone reboots. After that the phone reboots to the lockscreen and then immediately restarts itself.

Phone: OP2
ROM: (Stock) Oxygen OS 2.1.1
Kernel: (Stock) Oxygen OS kernel (3.10.49)
Root access: latest SuperSU
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.7.0
CF.Lumen version: 3.16

I also tried version 3.00 but it also doesn't work. I can set the location but thats it. Nothing is changed.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/r...t-loop.396822/ There is also a thread in the OnePlus Two forum but no solution.

Hope you can help us. This app is so amazing!

Hello everyone, I am the person who started that ↑ thread on OnePlus forums and obviously I have exact same problem on my OnePlus 2 — CF.Lumen version 3.16 reboots the device when saving location and again every time when the app starts up, and app version 3.00 works, but the driver doesn't.

AFAIK from following that thread, I can confirm that:
  1. everyone who uses stock OnePlus 2 ROM and stock kernel (called Oxygen OS) has the same problem when saving location in v3.16.
  2. CF.Lumen (v3.00 and/or v3.16) works for some people who have installed a custom kernel ("AK kernel"), but only the KCAL driver works for them (so far nobody from OnePlus forum could confirm a working CF.Lumen driver)

@Chainfire — it's worth reading the OP from the aforementioned thread on OnePlus forums (link ← starting from "Technical details") because I have researched this issue thoroughly in the course of the past weeks and updated the OP with all the relevant information and findings from my side, as detailed and as compact as possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to pure.by For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pure.by Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 11:42 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I'm trying to use this app to lower the brightness and reduce battery usage at night. I was wondering of we could keep automatic brightness but force a minimum value that is different per profile. Is there a way to lower the backlight dimmer in custom kernels without breaking the automatic backlight feature? Or maybe to only toggle the dimmer at night? This feature is really useful when reading in bed but during the day it will turn the screen so dark it becomes unreadable
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)