FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+][2017.02.09] CF.lumen v3.70

11,176 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,320

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th April 2014, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2014, 08:27 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 395

More
I think in low light it should go to sundown mode instead of sleep mode

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tacosrdelicioso For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tacosrdelicioso Ad-Free

14th April 2014, 08:43 PM |#102  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosrdelicioso

I think in low light it should go to sundown mode instead of sleep mode

I think the point is that if you're in bed with your smart phone, with all your lights shut off, it should go into sleep mode. (which most probably would be set to red, which is least straining on the eyes)
14th April 2014, 08:58 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 395

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuwave

I think the point is that if you're in bed with your smart phone, with all your lights shut off, it should go into sleep mode. (which most probably would be set to red, which is least straining on the eyes)

Ik this. But maybe there should be an option for both. If u want it to go to sleep mode..fine. Sundown mode...fine

14th April 2014, 09:55 PM |#104  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosrdelicioso

Ik this. But maybe there should be an option for both. If u want it to go to sleep mode..fine. Sundown mode...fine

I realize now this is bugged - setting the Sleep filter to Disabled was supposed to keep the phone in sundown mode all night ... this will be fixed in the next update.

That being said, you can just set the sleep mode filter to the same filter as sundown mode
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 10:05 PM |#105  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrbl

Nice app but makes my accu weather app to crash. Also it would be nice to make an option to add a quick settings button

I find it hard to believe that this would crash AccuWeather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My1xT

why Kitkat only???

Why this sort of question? Every time I release an app there's someone asking about why you need Android version X or why you need root. Because it is needed to make it work. Your average developer doesn't go around setting the minimum Android version to highest value (and lowest marketshare!) without good reason - either technical or economical.

This question can only lead to either an unsatisfying response (you're not going to get "sure I'll support whatever you're on" because then that would already be supported), or you are assuming that the developer either doesn't know what he's doing (and set a high Android version as minimum by accident), or otherwise evil (he could support a lower Android version but doesn't).

If that sounds like a harsh response, I apologise, I do not mean this in an angry way - I'm just surprised at how this question comes up pretty much every app release ever.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 10:14 PM |#106  
Flag Chemnitz/Germany
Thanks Meter: 367

More
No problem cf, just was surprised a bit when I saw KK only, too bad that there's no way to inject the needed points via root.
I'm not even asking why root, but the point is that I am really careful with my note 3 and have it on 4.3 coz I can root and unroot it completely knox safe, and by experience, I know that I'll need my warranty

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 12:16 AM |#107  
Flag Dneprodzerzinsk
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Why this sort of question? Every time I release an app there's someone asking about why you need Android version X or why you need root.

it's because you've created a great app. seriously. great. eg I need it for all my devices. old, new - literally - for all. And each of us who asked you this stupid question, hoping to hear back something like: "because with older versions of OS, you will need bunch of libraries and instruction in ten pages". Something like this... Users have the right to be naive =)

The only way for you to stop receiving this sort of questions - stop writing great applications that are needed by everyone. For all devices =)
15th April 2014, 08:13 AM |#108  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodirovshchik

it's because you've created a great app. seriously. great. eg I need it for all my devices. old, new - literally - for all. And each of us who asked you this stupid question, hoping to hear back something like: "because with older versions of OS, you will need bunch of libraries and instruction in ten pages". Something like this... Users have the right to be naive =)

The only way for you to stop receiving this sort of questions - stop writing great applications that are needed by everyone. For all devices =)

Well you are right of course, it just drives me crazy
15th April 2014, 09:04 AM |#109  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 42

Donate to Me
More
One feature request I'd like to make is a variable Sleep: End Time based on the current alarm setting. This means the set alarm time should be detected and whether or not this happens when the sun is up or not (morning or any other alarm). I want to set and forget my CF.Lumen settings, instead of turning the the filter off if I set my alarm before sleep mode ends. When the alarm isn't set, the normal Sleep: End Time is used.

Thanks a lot for the awesome latest update! Many of the features I felt were missing are included now, such as filter fading and a dark theme (useful when setting the app in low light conditions, because the white theme can burn your eyes while changing settings). Keep up the good work and I will spread the word (already did to some people).
15th April 2014, 09:06 AM |#110  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikieperikie

One feature request I'd like to make is a variable Sleep: End Time based on the current alarm setting. This means the set alarm time should be detected and whether or not this happens when the sun is up or not (morning or any other alarm). I want to set and forget my CF.Lumen settings, instead of turning the the filter off if I set my alarm before sleep mode ends. When the alarm isn't set, the normal Sleep: End Time is used.

Thanks a lot for the awesome latest update! Many of the features I felt were missing are included now, such as filter fading and a dark theme (useful when setting the app in low light conditions, because the white theme can burn your eyes while changing settings). Keep up the good work and I will spread the word (already did to some people).

The biggest problem here is that the alarm settings are not standardized and vary per OEM skin (how and where the alarms are stored). I can give it a shot though, but it's not going to work on every device.
15th April 2014, 09:07 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Love it. I depend on f.lux all the time. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)