FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+][2017.02.09] CF.lumen v3.70

11,185 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,365

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th April 2014, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2014, 12:52 AM |#11  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaw

Is there any practical difference between this and Lux?

Seems to me (haven't actually tried), Lux (like several other solutions) uses an overlay for things like colortemperature and nightmode, which usually gives a lot worse image quality.

It's auto-brightness features on the other hand should work fine, and is something not really available from CF.lumen. Maybe one day one app will also be able to control the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackattack

Is it possible that you could add Tasker compatibility? If not, are there public intents available to control cf.lumen through Tasker intents? Thanks for updating this great app.

This is not available right now, but I've added it to my to-do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikieperikie

BUG:
I would love to include a logcat, but I simply don't have the time today or tomorrow. If needed, I'll post one this weekend.

When the app runs for the first time: grant su access, then I see the "please install cf.lumen driver". I click install, device reboots after a few secs, after reboot I wait for some time before opening the app again. When I open it, it asks me the same thing: install the driver. Wasn't the driver installed, or doesn't it detect the driver?

PHONE: Nexus 4, ROM: Paranoid Android 4.2 BETA 4 (that's Android 4.4.2 if you don't know), KERNEL: franco.Kernel #204.

On my first try I had Nexus Display Control (also by Franco) installed. My guess was the apps aren't compatible. After uninstalling both apps, reboot, installed cf.lumen again, install driver, reboot: same problem. So for now no cf.lumen for me. Just eye strain.

I hope this helps you find the bug or incompatibility I have!

A logcat will not help for this (its not a crash) - we'll need to investigate some other way. Can you confirm /system/lib/libcflumen.so is present?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th April 2014, 12:53 AM |#12  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBindy

No love for 4.1 - 4.3 makes me a sad panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

+1. Although I favour the cool-factor and performance of custom ROMs, it's always nice to be able to get a similar experience on stock ROM (which is ICS for me), considering that there are no stable custom ROMs on my device at the moment. I'm actually in the midst of custom ROM development for my device, though I work on CM10.2. (There are others who work on KitKat). It would be much appreciated if the @Chainfire could add support for lower Android versions.

If I could easily do this, I would, but I can't, so I won't.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 01:35 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

A logcat will not help for this (its not a crash) - we'll need to investigate some other way. Can you confirm /system/lib/libcflumen.so is present?

Same issue here on N4 running CM11 M5 4.4.2. I do not have the system/lib/libcflumen.so file. I tried pressing install and reboot a couple of times to no avail.

Edit: just got an update from the play store. Ironically this update that says it fixes force closes now causes the app to force close when pressing ok to install the driver. Using ART by the way.
11th April 2014, 01:49 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
It does not seem to work at all in Cm11. It crashed once but even when it does not it don't change anything. It does flicker a small black square though.
11th April 2014, 02:09 AM |#15  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 2

More
The app crashes when I tap okay for the driver installation. I am using a Nexus 4 on 4.4.2 SlimKat build 3 with Matr1x 13.5 kernel and ART. I've added a Logcat for you, not sure if I did it right, let me know if it doesn't contain all the information you need. I think ART might be breaking it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Lumen.txt - [Click for QR Code] (10.4 KB, 47 views)
11th April 2014, 02:25 AM |#16  
Flag Dneprodzerzinsk
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Max Dark level - 100
Min Bright level - 250

Could you change Min Bright level to 101? Its logical, and I really need it on my nexus 7 2013.

Or, even better, could you make dynamic Max Dark/Min Bright level?
Max Dark - ( N ),
Min Bright - ( N + 1 )
11th April 2014, 02:33 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 395

More
I also get fc after driver install on cm11 with my vs980. No work:/

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 02:47 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I stand by XXCoder and tacosdelicioso on the CM11 issue. App crashes when asking for reboot, soon after permissions are given. I am running ART, FYI.

Enviado de meu XT925 usando Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 02:50 AM |#19  
Flag Somewhere in Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante897

The app crashes when I tap okay for the driver installation. I am using a Nexus 4 on 4.4.2 SlimKat build 3 with Matr1x 13.5 kernel and ART. I've added a Logcat for you, not sure if I did it right, let me know if it doesn't contain all the information you need. I think ART might be breaking it.

Happens the same to me. Using latest temasek v64, devil's kernel and dalvik.
11th April 2014, 03:01 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
FCs on me as soon as I press OK to restart to install the driver. Happens every single time. Restarted manually and opeed it up again and same thing
11th April 2014, 03:07 AM |#21  
Flag Beltsville, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 275

More
Guess I'll be annoying and also mention I get a force close when i choose to install the driver on my HTC One M7. Rather unfortunate, was really looking forward to this when I read about it. Hope i will be able to use it soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)