{All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A][CM11.0] LegacyXperia discussion

Search This thread

RaXelliX

Apr 12, 2012
Tallinn
Well im happy to report that my Smultron ST15i is running 20141224 build nicely. Very stable. Havent had any reboots. Starts reasonably fast (could always be faster) but then again i use xposed bootmanager to kill useless stuff trying to run on boot. No major lag observed. About 90MB free in internal /Data (system apps ODEX-ed and buch of useless CM stuff removed + bigger apps moved to SD card). Not using any mount2sd or equivalent.

dragongreen

Jun 5, 2013
Hi guys :). When recording a video or audio, the sound result is quite low... Any one is experiencing this? Any work around?

Device: xperia neo (hallon)
Build: CM 11-2014-12-24

Thanks Mike for your great work ;) (sorry about my English)

Last edited:

RaXelliX

Apr 12, 2012
Tallinn
Raxellix,
Did you do a clean install, wiping everything?
Thanks.
Yes i flashed included kernel first and from there did factory reset + format system, data and cache (the last 3 are unnessesary actually when coming from KitKat build but better safe than sorry). Then flashed build zip and then gapps.

Usually when i do a clean install i also flash stock ICS first and start from there but not this time.

I did try dirty flash first (was using an august or september build) but that didnt work (result was bootloop) so wiped everything.

Reactions: xdalass

datumdatzgr

Mar 2, 2012
I use ART since it has remarkably more fluid user interface. Due to insufficient storage space I use link2sd in order to install 3rd party applications to SDcard together with their dalvik caches(ART caches actually). But now the phone sometimes lags more than the dalvik case. (Especially at the startup) Thus, I think it is better to stay in dalvik mode. However if there is any suggestion that allow using ART with a neat storage management it is appreciated.

anonymous2211

Jan 17, 2015
Hello guys,I know it may not be the right place for asking that question,but i really don't know where else to ask,so,is there any cm11 theme which gives you exactly the same look like cm12 or lollipop?? Thanks in advance,and again sorry for off. :)

Attachments

• Dutch.zip
    772.7 KB · Views: 4

paulholland

Mar 19, 2014
Dutch dictionary

Found this one somewhere else, and I've been using it for about half a year now without problems

(unzip and open Dutch.dict from AOSP/Android keyboard settings

Thanks, but when I put it on sdcard in directory Download and choose import dictionary from keyboard settings, it says : ¨Are you sure that you want to import a Spanish dictionary?¨....

Thanks, but when I put it on sdcard in directory Download and choose import dictionary from keyboard settings, it says : ¨Are you sure that you want to import a Spanish dictionary?¨....

Can you try importing it anyway? I imported it again now and Spanish doesn't appear on my personal dictionary list. I suspect something changed in the file format for dictionaries, earlier you had to place dictionary files on SD card root too.

Edit: try attached file, it should work.

Attachments

• Dutch2.zip
    773 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: paulholland

paulholland

Mar 19, 2014
Can you try importing it anyway? I imported it again now and Spanish doesn't appear on my personal dictionary list. I suspect something changed in the file format for dictionaries, earlier you had to place dictionary files on SD card root too.

Edit: try attached file, it should work.
Thanks, this worked!!
The previous file also worked, but I had enable also Spanish as input language.
Then, when having selected Spanish as input language, it worked with the Dutch dictionary.....

Does anyone else experience this multi task menu bug: Sometimes after a RAM-heavy app has been running, the multi task menu gets stuck on this screen, the only solution to get it working again is to (soft) reboot the device.

I'll try to save the logs next time if that would be of any use for this problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-16-13-15-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-16-13-15-43.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 691
Reactions: razer91

xdalass

Sep 11, 2014
Yes i flashed included kernel first and from there did factory reset + format system, data and cache (the last 3 are unnessesary actually when coming from KitKat build but better safe than sorry). Then flashed build zip and then gapps.

Usually when i do a clean install i also flash stock ICS first and start from there but not this time.

I did try dirty flash first (was using an august or september build) but that didnt work (result was bootloop) so wiped everything.

Hmm... I skipped the reset/sytem wipe, don't have a bootloop just sluggish.

I don't remember if i reflashed GAPPs...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 11[/SIZE]

Links to development threads:
    Arc / Arc S
    Mini / Mini Pro / Active / Live with Walkman
    Neo / Neo V
    Pro
    Ray
    Play / Neo L

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    The time has come!

## Nightly build 20140512 - cm-11.0
    * Latest cm11.0 changes
    * Updated to Android 4.4.2_r2
    * New kernel based on kk_2.7-stable CAF branch
    * Enabled ION for everything except camera
    * Enabled VSYNC (aka Project Butter)
    * Updated audio HAL (various updates/bugfixes)
    * Use display-caf/media-caf instead of display-legacy/media-legacy
    * Updated adreno GPU libs from Galaxy S3 (d2lte)
    * Disabled KSM by default to improve performance
    * Fixed device always booting to recovery after rebooting to bootloader
    * Updated zRAM from kernel 3.14
    * Enabled hid-sony kernel driver for PS3 controller
    * Enabled hid-wiimote kernel driver for wiimote
    * New bootlogo by JovieBrett
    * Fixed video recording delay
    * Fixed Google maps flickering
    * Added landscape support in dialer & in-call UI (for Mini Pro/Pro)
    * Fixed custom cpu clocks & governor not persisting after reboot
    * Removed some unused SEMC audio code from kernel

Thanks to @Langes, we have some fresh builds rolling. Builds will appear in basketbuild alphabetically until tomorrow.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Here's a status update:

- Rebased & cleaned up the new audio HAL
    - Some fixes ported from msm8660 audio HAL
    - Fix in audio HAL for VOIP apps like Skype and Line
    - Fixed coconut stereo speakers
    - Testing some changes from CAF jb_2.5.3 branch in frameworks/av related to LPA audio issues
    - Testing some camera changes again, should be the most stable we can have at the moment
    - Disabled 720p again. It's unstable and needs more testing. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Testing change to fix "bootlogo appearing while in android" bug
    - Tested FM and made some additional changes but still don't get audio. Will work on it again after the first ION build release
    - Kernel: some interactive governor updates
    - Kernel: increase ION_MM size. Should fix out-of-memory issues with some apps like netflix

As usual, I push all my changes on github so you can test building.
    I would appreciate if you don't share any more home builds here, I will release some builds myself when some more bugs are ironed out.