Best Kernel and Setcpu settings for sensation?

Search This thread

Solidus_n313

Jul 3, 2010
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
just like roms, its personal preference...for me, unity v7 works best of custom kernels for speed/smoothness, but the stock htc kernel for 2.3.4 is still the best when it comes to battery life/stability

GoCkillaz

Nov 2, 2009
Ok, first off, it's spelled KERNEL. There is no "a" in the word "kernel".

Now, I personally believe that Stock works the best as of right now in terms of battery life, so long as you have the correct radio and RIL combination. Custom kernels are good for over clocking, assuming you want to impress people with "good quadrant scores" and the like. But honestly, they yield a lesser battery life and higher temperature compared to stock. So if you intend on leaving your charger at home, I recommend any rom with stock kernel (ie CoreDroid, rooted Rom, Senseless, etc).

Reactions: Bharath9590

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, first off, it's spelled KERNEL. There is no "a" in the word "kernel".

Now, I personally believe that Stock works the best as of right now in terms of battery life, so long as you have the correct radio and RIL combination. Custom kernels are good for over clocking, assuming you want to impress people with "good quadrant scores" and the like. But honestly, they yield a lesser battery life and higher temperature compared to stock. So if you intend on leaving your charger at home, I recommend any rom with stock kernel (ie CoreDroid, rooted Rom, Senseless, etc).