[Q] Sony Xperia SP M35h

Search This thread
Mar 5, 2014
Hi all,

I've bought a Sony Xperia SP M35h in China and everything works fine but I cannot install Google Play or other Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, Drive, etc). From what I've read I should root my phone, but I have not find any suitable version for my phone.

I have been trying to solve this issue for months now..Any idea?

Many many thanks,:good::good:
Martim

Cloud1989

Dec 8, 2013
Dudley
Google: Googleplay apk and find a suitable link, you should have no trouble installing it to be honest as the phone should come preloaded with Google services, plus when you get on it, it will need a Gmail account which can be made via the Googleplay store

Reactions: martim.cantante
Mar 5, 2014
Guys, thanks for the help.

The phone is legit but was bought in China and is from China Unicom. Even if it is unblocked and I can put my sim card, all google services crash whenever I try to open them (I can install but they do not run).

I tried to install different .apk. There was one that I was able to open, but I could never login to the Google Pay store.. at it mentioned connection problems.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Many thanks!

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Got some photo's of the device for us? It is weird that the device you have is not working since it is (or seems) a legit device.

Mar 5, 2014
It works just fine with Sony Pcc. In fact, I have contacted Sony before.. and what they told me is that operating system for Chinese phones is different and that should be the reason why I cannot use Google services.

Should I need to change operating system? Is it possible?

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
It works just fine with Sony Pcc. In fact, I have contacted Sony before.. and what they told me is that operating system for Chinese phones is different and that should be the reason why I cannot use Google services.

Should I need to change operating system? Is it possible?

Go to settings > About phone and post a screenshot here. Perhaps we can help you determine which OS you need to install :)

Mar 5, 2014
Aqui va:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-06-14-58-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-06-14-58-02.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 211
Mar 5, 2014
Hi guys,

I've just tried the Sony Update but problem persists. I believe that it keeps updating the Chinese version of my phone.. M35h which is a different version just built for China (according to guys on Sony).

Is it possible to change operating system?

Many thanks for your help!

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
No, I live in Chile and I don't thinking about going back to China in a while! thankss

Haha great. Good to know :p
Did you went to a store or something to ask what kind of Xperia they sell there?
Because you have C5303, C5306 and C5302 < This one has no LTE and the C5306 one is mostly sold in USA..

Edit: If I Google Sony Xperia M35h I get the C5302 on many websites. I will dig a bit futher for you but I recommend you to visit a nearby store to check what version they sell..

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Could you enter in your dialpad on the XSP:
*#*#7378423#*#*

Go to Service info and select Model info... What does it say there?
Mine is C5303

Mar 5, 2014
ahahaha

Here they sell the Xperia SP (C5302) version. But I guess this one is slightly different from mine, as I was said that M35h was specifically for the Chinese market..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here a legit C5303 build date Nov 19. However that is the date of the kernell build. This doesnt say anything about the real ROM build date.
    thats highly unusual since google play comes installed on the phone, are you sure its a legit model ?
    Google: Googleplay apk and find a suitable link, you should have no trouble installing it to be honest as the phone should come preloaded with Google services, plus when you get on it, it will need a Gmail account which can be made via the Googleplay store
    Got some photo's of the device for us? It is weird that the device you have is not working since it is (or seems) a legit device.
    like mentioned before, i think you should flash a c530X firmware onto your phone