[SOLVED] Problems with rooting my Galaxy Note II (model N7100)

Search This thread

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014
[SOLVED] Thanks to dabenaute for great help!

Hi guys!

I tryed to root my Galaxy Note II (model N7100) and something went wrong. I hope you guys can help me. Sorry for my bad english already.

So, I tryed to root my phone using this guide. I do everything like it said and when it was done, my phone opened same satup what was before I started. Because I am noob with this stuff, I think something went wrong. I dont know why, but I decide to make factory reset to my phone.

Then started problems. My phone try to reboot it self but it always stop in flashing Samsung logo.

Then I tryed this guide (1b) but Odin3 stop always in "Get PIT for mapping.."

<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..

Download mode in my phone says:

"ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (4 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: Custom
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 1
RP SWREW: A2"

What I should try next? I am very grateful every help what I get!

Last edited:

dabenaute

Dec 31, 2011
Quelque part par là
Reactions: JukkaP

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014
Hello,
to root your phone,download "CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip" here:
reboot your phone in download mode
open odin and check "AutoReboot"&"F.Reset Time"
connect your phone(you will see"added")
click on AP or PDA find cf autoroot
click on START and wait
after flash the phone will reboot
that's all,enjoy

Done this again and this what happens:

Odin message said:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cache.img
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

And after that, my phone screen is only black. When I try to open it, it has that "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100" text awhile and then screens goes black again.

Is my phone now brick?

Last edited:

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014
Im thinking about something...
if you can go into recovery?do it
clear cache and then go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache
reboot
if that fails,go back into recovery and do a wipe factory/reset
and then try this

I go in recovery and cleared cache but I don't understand what you mean by "advanced".

I got these options:

Reboot system now
Apply update from ADB
Apply update from external strorage
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partiton
Apply update from cache

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014
which odin are you using to? you can find the latest philz here:
odin v3.09:
have you installed the latest drivers for your phone?

I use Odin v3.07. I re-installed my phone drivers and boot computer, then odin regonized my phone. I installed philz_touch_6.25.0-n7100.tar.md5

This doesn't help:

dabenaute said:
if you can go into recovery?do it
clear cache and then go into advanced and wipe dalvik cache
reboot

Im from Finland, so is there any matter what files I use from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1915386

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014
i know that thread its usefull,have you made a backup before flashing anything?
have you tried to reflash a stock rom?

I am lost with that thread. Should I download something or read some adviced? Have to I download some rom?

When I tryed to root my phone, I try to use this guide (sry, that was missing in first post) and I don'n make any backups.

I think I know how to flash (in that thread have good help for that) but Im not sure what to download.

rohit83

Oct 2, 2012
OnePlus 7T
Reinstall Complete Stock firmware using Odin & then root

Hi..

Looks like you have got boot loop for while trying to root your phone.
Don't worry.. now you need to reinstall the stock firmware on your device.

just follow the following steps:

1- Boot in recovery by pressing volume up, home button & power button simultaneously

2- go to mounts & storage & then..format system first, then format data & finally format cache

3- Now go back to the main menu of your recovery & do format data/factory reset then format cache & then go to advanced & wipe dalvik cache

4- Download your devices stock firmware from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/ ..select your device model & country & download the file...latest firmwares are on top.

5- extract the .zip file you just downloaded & you will get a file with extension .tar.md5

6- Now Boot your device into download mode by pressing Volume down button, home button & power button simultaneously.

7- Launch Odin(v 3.07) now..u can download the attached file. (If the device is detected it will show the COM:# in the ID Com field.)

8- Select the PDA tab & browse & select the firmware file you just extracted.

9- Odin will take a while & finally it will display the message something like checking md5 finished successfully

10- click on the start button & sit back & relax...this may take upto 8 minutes..

11- Unplug the phone after flashing is complete & let the phone boot..

12- Now you will have stock recovery, if you want you will need to flash a custom recovery again.

13- Boot in download mode again & select the PDA tab & browse for the chainfire auto root file (download it from here http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip )

14- extract the file & select this file from the PDA tab in ODIN & click the Start button.

15- let the flashing complete & the phone will display the recovery mode screen again & it will root the device.

16- However after booting the device you might not be able to open the superuser app.

17- To fix this go to play store & update your SuperSu app & then launch it & then it will ask you to disable Knox & select Yes.

18- Congratulations...your device is now rooted.

Hit thanks if i helped you..Let me know if you face any issues... :good: :p

Attachments

• Odin307.rar
    396.9 KB · Views: 5
  • recovery-image.rar
    6.6 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: gkjha123

JukkaP

Apr 11, 2014

Thanks alot! I am very happy because you try to help me out and dont care my stupid questions :)

I have now downloaded those and now I try to figure out should I use both in flashin? These guides doesn't help me because files are different.

So, where I shoud but those two files in Odin? Is those files enough?

rohit83

Oct 2, 2012
OnePlus 7T
Thanks alot! I am very happy because you try to help me out and dont care my stupid questions :)

I have now downloaded those and now I try to figure out should I use both in flashin? These guides doesn't help me because files are different.

try out the steps i have mentioned above in my post..i have also attached the Odin v3.07 & clockwork recovery ver 6 files..
for clcockwork recovery you need to extract the .zip file & you will get a .tar file which you can flash using the PDA tab in odin
this wont take more than 15 minutes & as you will wipe everything you will lose all your apps & contacts..but the data on your internal sd card should remain untouched..

Last edited:
Reactions: gkjha123

dabenaute

Dec 31, 2011
Quelque part par là
Hello @JukkaP,if you take mk9 you have to decompress it to have 4 files after:
open odin and put
bootloader in the 1st case,2sd ap,3t phone,4th csc
phone in download mod
connect it to the pc
you will have "added"
clic on "start" and wait
phone will reboot after flash
---EDIT----
No question is stupid :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    to root your phone,download "CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip" here: http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip
    reboot your phone in download mode
    open odin and check "AutoReboot"&"F.Reset Time"
    connect your phone(you will see"added")
    click on AP or PDA find cf autoroot
    click on START and wait
    after flash the phone will reboot
    that's all,enjoy
    Done this again and this what happens:

And after that, my phone screen is only black. When I try to open it, it has that "Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100" text awhile and then screens goes black again.

Is my phone now brick?
    please retry and uncheck"Re partition" : Bien:
    It was already uncheck.
    sorry i have no other idea its the only way i know and use and it always works for me: (
    Reinstall Complete Stock firmware using Odin & then root

Hi..

Looks like you have got boot loop for while trying to root your phone.
    Don't worry.. now you need to reinstall the stock firmware on your device.

just follow the following steps:

1- Boot in recovery by pressing volume up, home button & power button simultaneously

2- go to mounts & storage & then..format system first, then format data & finally format cache

3- Now go back to the main menu of your recovery & do format data/factory reset then format cache & then go to advanced & wipe dalvik cache

4- Download your devices stock firmware from here http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/ ..select your device model & country & download the file...latest firmwares are on top.

5- extract the .zip file you just downloaded & you will get a file with extension .tar.md5

6- Now Boot your device into download mode by pressing Volume down button, home button & power button simultaneously.

7- Launch Odin(v 3.07) now..u can download the attached file. (If the device is detected it will show the COM:# in the ID Com field.)

8- Select the PDA tab & browse & select the firmware file you just extracted.

9- Odin will take a while & finally it will display the message something like checking md5 finished successfully

10- click on the start button & sit back & relax...this may take upto 8 minutes..

11- Unplug the phone after flashing is complete & let the phone boot..

12- Now you will have stock recovery, if you want you will need to flash a custom recovery again.

13- Boot in download mode again & select the PDA tab & browse for the chainfire auto root file (download it from here http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip )

14- extract the file & select this file from the PDA tab in ODIN & click the Start button.

15- let the flashing complete & the phone will display the recovery mode screen again & it will root the device.

16- However after booting the device you might not be able to open the superuser app.

17- To fix this go to play store & update your SuperSu app & then launch it & then it will ask you to disable Knox & select Yes.

18- Congratulations...your device is now rooted.

Hit thanks if i helped you..Let me know if you face any issues... :good: :p

try out the steps i have mentioned above in my post..i have also attached the Odin v3.07 & clockwork recovery ver 6 files..
    for clcockwork recovery you need to extract the .zip file & you will get a .tar file which you can flash using the PDA tab in odin
    this wont take more than 15 minutes & as you will wipe everything you will lose all your apps & contacts..but the data on your internal sd card should remain untouched..