[APP] Flipboard for Android

Search This thread

aarmath

Oct 20, 2011
Ok the details of my mobile are thus:

HTC HD2
Android ICS ver. 4.0.4 Mod Ver. aokp_hd2_build_33
Kernel version - 2.6.32.15_tytung_ics_r1
Side-loaded from SD Card (Nand memory has WPH Mango)

There are no additional pages apart from the standard limit of 4 that we havce seen in the earlier app. But a plethora of signing into other accounts like Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr et al is included. Oh yes, random freezes still occur & I am forced to close it. I guess this is a limitation of my single core Snapdragon-based 1 ghz processor.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Also the fact the whole Android ICS is running from the SD Card.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G

HTC HD2

There are no additional pages apart from the standard limit of 4 that we havce seen in the earlier app. But a plethora of signing into other accounts like Instagram, Flickr, Tumblr et al is included. Oh yes, random freezes still occur & I am forced to close it. I guess this is a limitation of my single core Snapdragon-based 1 ghz processor.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

More than likely due to it being on sd card or some tweak you've done...I'm running the previous version of your rom in nand on hd2 without any hiccups.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008

HTC HD2

If installation is an issue try first clearing the cache from the present version you are using, next clear data to remove any additional traces and finally select uninstall.
Once you have removed all trace of the older version select to install the newer version.
Once installed load up the app and sign back in. Any previous configurations would have been saved Online.
Job done....

blade30p

Dec 24, 2010
Birmingham
I installed the apk & flipboard works but I don't have the widget, not UN my app drawer or in the long press on homescreen menu?

Do I need or update the apk or summat?

Edit: app installed to sd so I moved it back to system & now have the widget :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:

aarmath

Oct 20, 2011
Thank you Beards & Famewolf on your comments.

I agree, this makes sense, I should have cleared out the data cache et al.
I installed the updated version 1.8.4 on the same HTC HD2 in the Gingerbread partition from the SD-Card. This version is of AmeriCan Android (The last recent update)
I had ofcourse uninstalled the earlier version. Now strangely the updated version runs ultra-silk but images do not update at once on the tabs. For example on the Cover Stories tab, instead of seeing an image, its a dull grey. Only after clicking the tab & then browsing a couple of pages within, images slowly start updating on the tab.
I guess this is where clearing on the data cache comes into play. All in all, it is butter smooth on Gingerbread (AmeriCan Android version).

Bardamuz

Apr 21, 2012
Singapore
Thank you Beards & Famewolf on your comments.

I agree, this makes sense, I should have cleared out the data cache et al.
I installed the updated version 1.8.4 on the same HTC HD2 in the Gingerbread partition from the SD-Card. This version is of AmeriCan Android (The last recent update)
I had ofcourse uninstalled the earlier version. Now strangely the updated version runs ultra-silk but images do not update at once on the tabs. For example on the Cover Stories tab, instead of seeing an image, its a dull grey. Only after clicking the tab & then browsing a couple of pages within, images slowly start updating on the tab.
I guess this is where clearing on the data cache comes into play. All in all, it is butter smooth on Gingerbread (AmeriCan Android version).

this is not related to the Android app’s even in my ipad time to time i have this , i guess is when the pics are not yet fully downloaded in the Flipboard server , all you read in your flip board (even Facebook) go thru the Flipboard server ...

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Is there a way to prevent the screen from turning off, while reading through the flipboard items?

Or is setting a longer time in the 'display' settings before the screen is turned off, the only way?

Thanks in advance.

Install "Screebl Beta" which will keep screen on while phone is held in upright position...note..the beta is a complete rewrite of the previous version which had battery life issues. When you lay the phone down screebl resets to a 15 second timeout.

mohul

May 11, 2012
well...

No - why would I want to?

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.. (via XDA app)

For one, it'd back up all your settings & boards, also twitter, FB, Pocket accounts so that if u decide to uninstall-reinstall all that is restored instantly when u sign in using the Flipboard account.

On an unrelated note i'm really liking the Pocket integration where i can mark long news articles to 'read later' :)

robbiekhan

Aug 22, 2009
The FB/Twitter auth permissions request states that Flipboard can follow people and post as you at any time, why do apps request such permissions when all I want to do is share a link with FB/Twitter followers? :mad:

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
I like it a lot. Too bad it doesn't automatically mark google reader items as read when scrolling. At least they should add an option for that.

It does. Option in Settings, then click on Google Reader. Check the box to mark read on flip.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337004258271.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337004258271.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 842

Top Liked Posts