[APP] [ROOT] 1-click root for N1 (Latest ver: 1.6.2 beta 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tinaag

Sep 23, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
OnePlus 5
Universal AndRoot for Xoom Wifi

I want to delete Dungeous Defenders, that comes with the device, but i cannot, i want progs like universal androot and root explorer to remove apps that came with the xoom, how can i proceed?:confused:

1southern1belle

Oct 12, 2011
I failed at rooting and now laptop is having issues

Will this work on a Droid with 2.2.2 android version? :)

:( Okay...I tried this and I guess I shouldn't have because now my Dell XPS laptop will not load properly. I get to the Dell XPS splash screen and it doesn't move. The message was that I don't have an OS?...What? '
When doing the root it failed for whatever reason and I had turned off my computer before deleting the root files, could this be the problem?

Any suggestions, besides leave the technical stuff to someone else?..:rolleys:
I have tried the steps on Dell support and nothing worked so I thought I would ask here in case someone trying to root had the same issue.
Or if I need to ask this somewhere else please let me know. TIA :)

johnston9234

Aug 6, 2010
Greensboro
:( Okay...I tried this and I guess I shouldn't have because now my Dell XPS laptop will not load properly. I get to the Dell XPS splash screen and it doesn't move. The message was that I don't have an OS?...What? '
When doing the root it failed for whatever reason and I had turned off my computer before deleting the root files, could this be the problem?

Any suggestions, besides leave the technical stuff to someone else?..:rolleys:
I have tried the steps on Dell support and nothing worked so I thought I would ask here in case someone trying to root had the same issue.
Or if I need to ask this somewhere else please let me know. TIA :)

Sounds...unlrelated. An .apk file is installed on your phone only and doesn't effect your computer.

As for your computer, sounds like a hard drive issue. You can reinstall Windows through booting from an install disc. Pure coincidence.

zoro_deepak

Nov 4, 2011
Realme 6
R u sure dat warrnty will nt void?

R u sure dat warranty will nt void?

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Wow this actually works. I was always to afraid to try an root my phone cause i didnt wanna screw my phone up but this is so much easier an the best part is the bootloader stays locked so u dont void ur warranty
R u sure dat warranty will nt void?

steekyjim

Jan 14, 2009
polo, I was able to root a Desire running 2.2 using an app called Visionary+

It has a temp or perm root option and I can confirm it worked on my phone. I'm not sure if this is the same version that I installed, but it appears to be the official download thread for the app:

android.modaco.com/topic/320722-19-nov-r14-visionary-one-click-root/

You need to enable usb debugging. It didn't work on he first few attempts for me, but when I got it to 'temproot on boot' it worked. Good luck.

Bexton

Sep 26, 2011
50° 56' 33" 6° 57' 32"
Could someone please close this topic?!

The OP stated he will not support the app any longer at 31st October 2010 as it is not working for the recent android build versions anyway; it doesn't matter what device you're trying to use it for. This app is obsolete unless you're running an outdated android version!

There is no reason that the thread is bumped and bumped and bumped again for more then a year now just for the same damn question. If anybody wants to use it, he is free to do so. But questions "Does that work with xxx" are useless.

Also this is the N1 sub forum. Though the app worked for other devices too, these known supported devices are listed in the first post and you will have a rare chance that someone in the N1 forum can answer that questions. The questions should go (and be discussed) into the appropriated sub forums. ("Have you tried this method?" Link to OP)

Sorry, i don't want to argue, but as i hate obsolete threads being bumped for no reason. It makes the forums less useable! Thanks!

Edit: PS: And a thank can be given by using the thanks button.

Last edited:
Reactions: rees397
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT2: Since Google patched the loop hole in 2.2.1, this app is no longer working for newer builds. For this reason the developer has stopped supporting the app. If you still want to use this, feel free to do so. It would not harm anything.
    However if it doesn't root your phone, there are numerous other methods of rooting out there. I suggest SuperOneClick or unrevoked.

EDIT: I see that a lot of people have no idea what rooting is, or don't even know how to install an apk. Seriously, rooting can potentially harm your phone if you have absolutely no idea what you're doing. For that reason, I strongly recommend you hold off using this app (or rooting in general) until you have done enough research and are more comfortable with Android.
    If you insist on using this app, use it at your own risk. You have been warned! :D

This is a good post to guide you through how to flash a custom rom, after rooting your phone. And no, this app does not unlock your bootloader.

Important: I'm not the developer, click the link below for the blog for official release of this app

Official releases here

Aug 30 Update: added v1.6.2 beta 5, added support for more devices, added widget for soft root
    Aug 12 Update: added v1.6.1: superuser updated, HTC Tattoo support added. Check official link for changelog
    Aug 10 Update: added v1.5.3 for peeps who can't access the link

Official list of supported devices:
    Code:
    Supported Devices:

Google Nexus One (2.2)
    Google G1 (1.6)
    HTC Hero (2.1)
    HTC Magic (1.5) (Select Do not install Superuser)
    HTC Tattoo (1.6)
    Dell Streak (2.1)
    Motorola Milestone (2.1)
    Motorola XT701
    Motorola XT800 (2.1)
    Motorola ME511
    Motorola Charm
    Motorola Droid (2.01/2.1/2.2 with FRG01B)
    Sony Ericsson X10 (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini (1.6)
    Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (1.6)
    Acer Liquid (2.1)
    Acer beTouch E400 (2.1)
    Samsung Galaxy Beam
    Samsung galaxy 5 (gt-i5500)
    Vibo A688 (1.6)
    Lenovo Lephone (1.6)
    LG GT540 (1.6)
    Gigabyte GSmart G1305

Not supported:

Google Nexus One (2.2 FRG33)
    Samsung i9000 / i6500U / i7500 / i5700
    Motorola ME600 / ME501 / MB300 / CLIQ XT
    Motorola 2.2 FRG22D
    Archos 5
    HuaWei U8220
    HTC Desire / Legend / Wildfire (soft root)
    HTC EVO 4G / Aria
    SonyEricsson X10i R2BA020
    myTouch Slide

Reported working (in this thread):

Code:
    Nexus One 2.2
    Milestone 2.1
    Hero (GSM/CDMA)
    Xperia X10 mini
    Xperia X10i
    G1 1.6
    Magic 32A 1.5
    Magic 32B 1.6
    Mytouch 3G (3.5mm)
    Mytouch 3G Slide (v1.6.1 seems to put the phone into reboot loop)
    LG Ally
    Droid X 2.1
    Moto Charm
    Moto Flipout
    Kyocera ZIO

All credits go to the developer!

Install and run it on your phone. If you have trouble downloading, try download with a computer.
    I'm a super user! Wow, that just made rooting so simple. Amazing.
    Once you use this app, you can install any custom rom. I used this app and now run CM6 final with the mean and green theme. Great app and great idea!:)
    thanks for the quick reply bro! :cool:
    Explanations required for a newbie

Hello all,

I am not only new to the world of Android, but also to the Unix/Linux world, having spent most of my professional life working on the DOS/Windows platform. A lot of what I read here seems to make sense, but only if you have a basic - if not intermediate - knowledge of the Linux techno-babble... which I don't.
    I'd like to gather enough information so I can publish a (hopefully) simple article for Windows users who want easy steps into rooting and using custom ROMs. Without having to learn what SU is, how to navigate through folders using archaic shell commands, and what not.

So... learning from my own experience so far...

I followed the steps to 1-click root my HTC Magic 32a. It apparently worked, with Universal Androot telling me my device is now rooted. I did it twice (after sorting through hundreds of posts to see if it could cause any damage, which it didn't), and I'm fairly confident I got that part done right.
    However, being ever-doubtful, I wanted a second opinion as to whether my device is actually rooted. So I downloaded the latest Android SDK, added the Android 1.5 platform (which is what currrently runs on my Magic) and followed what seemed to be the most widely accepted recommendations. (Of course, my device has the proper USB drivers, I can see the SD card just fine from Windows Explorer, so I assume the *physical* connection is taken care of).

Going to the API's /tools subfolder, I type
    adb devices
    to which i get the following reply
    HT95MNK03518 device
    which seems to confirm my device is correctly identified.

Then, I try the following:
    adb root
    but all I get as a reply is:
    adb cannot run as root in production builds
    and the program hangs there. I have to kill it through the task manager to regain control of the DOS command prompt

My ultimate goal is to install Froyo on my Magic. Since I'm already stuck after this admittedly simple procedure, I'm kind of weary of attempting to go beyond and burn a new image onto the phone.

So can anyone tell me why ADB won't grant me root access even though the phone is supposedly rooted?

And as for the next steps, given my very basic knowledge of this environment, is there any Installing-ROMS-On-HTC-Magic-For-Dummies user's guide out there?

Thanks, and sorry for being long-winded.
    Can confirm that it works on ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco running Android 2.1/ERE27, though it loses root on reboot (even though the checkbox for "Root temporary (Unroot after reboot)" is left unchecked) so you have to run the app again. Not a big hassle, only takes 10 seconds.