Newbie Help How to install a Custom ROM

Search This thread

Dasin

Nov 11, 2011
Outage City
I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ATT Branded and i want to get all the mess off the phone.

The phone is already rooted and i have a SD Card.

The ROM i want to install is http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2595085 (Dynamic Rom 4.2)

I put the Dynamic file on my SD card, once i scroll to it on the phone, it will not load the rom.

Maybe iam doing something wrong. I need help with this.

Also i would like to know is there a hack that gives you faster into speeds.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I am assuming from what you said that you are trying to open the "load" the rom by clicking on it in a file explorer?

That's not how you flash roms. You need to use safestrap recovery to flash roms...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572978

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

And just to add, as you are in the N9005 forum you can get the wrong information to flash your phone ending with a brick... Yours is the AT&T variant that has different ways of flashing to the international version...
Make sure you find the right forum next time or there might be nasty consequences...

Dasin

Nov 11, 2011
Outage City
I am assuming from what you said that you are trying to open the "load" the rom by clicking on it in a file explorer?

That's not how you flash roms. You need to use safestrap recovery to flash roms...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2572978

Are you sure your method is the right method for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ATT

Do you have custom recovery installed? Also which os do you have right now?

No I have the Stock version on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 ATT

And just to add, as you are in the N9005 forum you can get the wrong information to flash your phone ending with a brick... Yours is the AT&T variant that has different ways of flashing to the international version...
Make sure you find the right forum next time or there might be nasty consequences...

Did u put my thread in the right area, all I did was click Samsung Galaxy note 3 and I put the details so that when someone gives me information, they know that iam referring to the ATT Stock version.

Also I would like there a rom that takes all off the Carriers restrictions, and lets you do what u want.

I have a ATT Data unlimited iPad Sim in the Galaxy Note 3, ATT allows me to tether on it so iam cool with it comes to that, but how about getting faster internet speeds, like a code or a file, that skips the carriers restriction on speed, etc.

Also is there a way I can change the speed that my phone recives from the tower to make that faster etc. Pretty much I rom that gives me full control over my device.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
The thread where you downloaded the rom has an installation instruction on how to install the rom. It is saying that you need a " working safe strap installation " before you can install the rom properly. Like others are saying, post in that forum as they have the same phone as you and chances are one or more users have experienced the same issue as you. Safe strap is not being used here where you're asking for help.

Reactions: antique_sonic

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
can anyone guide me how can i flash KK on my note 3 N9005 LTE... as im NOOB to rooting stuff, Note 3 i got is rooted and it has TWRP 2.6.3.2 flashed....

these are the details

View attachment 2691824

View attachment 2691825

View attachment 2691826

waiting for HELP....thanks in advance :)

Flash kk stock first to update bootloader.
Though u r on jackaway custom rom nd twrp, doesn't matter. Just grab latest kk firmware nd flash it through odin with bootloader ticked. U will get on kk boat with stock recovery.
And u need to reroot again.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

Reactions: Khizar and @hməđ

@hməđ

Apr 15, 2014
lahore
Thank you..
im downloading BTU-N9005XXUENB7- 20140310153913.zip file can I flash this rom over my existing rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Thank you..
im downloading BTU-N9005XXUENB7- 20140310153913.zip file can I flash this rom over my existing rom?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Can. Why don't u get NC2. It's the latest with latest bootloader. Since this is 1st time u r flashing kk on ur device. Might as well get the latest.

Reactions: Khizar

@hməđ

Apr 15, 2014
lahore
But I can find Uk BTU in NC2...or I can go for other region rom like Saudi arabia got NC2...or which one you think I go for?

Sent from my SM-N9005

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
But I can find Uk BTU in NC2...or I can go for other region rom like Saudi arabia got NC2...or which one you think I go for?

Sent from my SM-N9005

Urs is N9005. U can go any firmware for N9005. Samfirmware.com
Get it from there. Most custom rom here use nc2 czech. But again... u could get any latest.

Reactions: Khizar and @hməđ

@hməđ

Apr 15, 2014
lahore
Urs is N9005. U can go any firmware for N9005. Samfirmware.com
Get it from there. Most custom rom here use nc2 czech. But again... u could get any latest.

i just download this rom : ETL-N9005XXUENC2_N9005ETLENB1 (Czech Republic)
can i use all the Samsung s-pen features...as i want Samsung official FW rom....and can i get OTA update on official rom ?

@hməđ

Apr 15, 2014
lahore
Yes to both your questions...

khizar i tried to flash the FW
when im in Downloading mode this i got
--------------------------------------------------------------
odin mode
prouct name: SM-N900T <----- why this not showing N9005 ?
current binary : custom
system status: custom
Knox kernel lock: 0x0
Knox warrenty void: 0x1
Qualcomm secureboot : enable (CSB)
RP swrv: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
write protection: enable
-------------------------------------------------------------
but i try to flash by reading from this link :
androidromupdate.com/2014/03/18/install-n9005xxuenc2-4-4-2-kitkat-firmware-galaxy-note-3-sm-n9005/

it got faild...

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
khizar i tried to flash the FW
when im in Downloading mode this i got
--------------------------------------------------------------
odin mode
prouct name: SM-N900T <----- why this not showing N9005 ?
current binary : custom
system status: custom
Knox kernel lock: 0x0
Knox warrenty void: 0x1
Qualcomm secureboot : enable (CSB)
RP swrv: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
write protection: enable
-------------------------------------------------------------
but i try to flash by reading from this link :
androidromupdate.com/2014/03/18/install-n9005xxuenc2-4-4-2-kitkat-firmware-galaxy-note-3-sm-n9005/

it got faild...

Edit- I misread your post. Are you sure your phone is a n9005? If it was, it would say that in download more.

Last edited:
Reactions: antique_sonic

@hməđ

Apr 15, 2014
lahore
Edit- I misread your post. Are you sure your phone is a n9005? If it was, it would say that in download more.

these info i got from the app...

can anyone guide me how can i flash KK on my note 3 N9005 LTE... as im NOOB to rooting stuff, Note 3 i got is rooted and it has TWRP 2.6.3.2 flashed....

these are the details

View attachment 2691824

View attachment 2691825

View attachment 2691826

waiting for HELP....thanks in advance :)

and on the back of the phone it says :

Model SM-N9005 and its made in VIETNAM....Im getting so much confused now its n900T or n9005 ?

Top Liked Posts