Theme-Porter [v1.0] [Any Firmware / Rom Compatible] [WINDOWS]

Do you find the latest beta functional ?

• Yes

Votes: 158 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 52 21.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

djstaid

Aug 11, 2010
SE Mich
Worked well for porting CM themes to Enom, but had problems with some other Rom to Rom ports. Overall pretty cool though. Nice automation for sure.

rycheme

Jun 2, 2010
I gave this a run to attempt to port a Droidx theme to the Eris. While I was ultimately unsuccessful, this tool is absolutely awesome :) Everything completed successfully, but alas - the hdpi to mdpi thing finally did me in.

Infinite76

Dec 25, 2009
Southampton
www.twitter.com
What are commands to copy the new app and frameworks using terminal emulator ?

I don't know how to create a metamorph and I still can't sign an uupdate.zip properly

Oh and before someone says this. I tried:

su
cp sdcard/new/app system/app

and i got the error Ommitted sdcard/new/app

what am i doing wrong?

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2010
Nashville, TN
Ok, I'm a long time reader and big tech freak. I've gotten everything up until this point of theming. I've pushed some transparent apk's, got a custom rom, made custom icons but i'm not exactly wrapping my head around the changing of files so i'm just going to flat out ask a couple dumb (assuming) questions. First off i have droid incredible..redemption rom 2.0.4. So, with this tool i'm assuming i can take a theme for any rom or phone (todays Custom ‘OG’ DROID Theme: Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.8 from droid-life) and port it to my redemption rom? I'm not one to ask lame question because I know how to research and learn but for some reason I can't make sense of this. Plus I don't have any friends that get into this kind of stuff so help a player out. Willing and able to donate

:cool:

Last edited:

abu_noah

Feb 25, 2010
Columbia,Tennessee
www.youtube.com
I gave this a run to attempt to port a Droidx theme to the Eris. While I was ultimately unsuccessful, this tool is absolutely awesome :) Everything completed successfully, but alas - the hdpi to mdpi thing finally did me in.

If you want a Droid x theme for your Eris then check out the Droid x port I did for the hero. It's called Hero x. Download the theme and then use the theme porter to theme your Eris from the hero framework because I already ported it to mdpi. It should work good then. It eoes have some other customizations that I did but its closer than what you got now.

abu_noah

Feb 25, 2010
Columbia,Tennessee
www.youtube.com
Ok, I'm a long time reader and big tech freak. I've gotten everything up until this point of theming. I've pushed some transparent apk's, got a custom rom, made custom icons but i'm not exactly wrapping my head around the changing of files so i'm just going to flat out ask a couple dumb (assuming) questions. First off i have droid incredible..redemption rom 2.0.4. So, with this tool i'm assuming i can take a theme for any rom or phone (todays Custom ‘OG’ DROID Theme: Liquid Frozen Yogurt 1.8 from droid-life) and port it to my redemption rom? I'm not one to ask lame question because I know how to research and learn but for some reason I can't make sense of this. Plus I don't have any friends that get into this kind of stuff so help a player out. Willing and able to donate

:cool:

What exactly are your concerns? Lay each question out specifically and I will answer you.

Infinite76

Dec 25, 2009
Southampton
www.twitter.com
Dude I always had issues trying create themes file by file. But this with the auto signing program I found. I am using the blue steel elegant theme with the latest CM 6.1 . I did it in under a hour. Tomorrow I am going to grab that matted blue theme from eris that I always like. I am just a theme jacker now. Whoever created this you are awesome in my book!

Sent from my HTC Magic using XDA App

ponpalani2001

Sep 22, 2010
Is there is any way i will able to make it look normal size

First of all thankyou very much for the awesome tool. I was succesfully able to port the HDPI theme from Nexus one to MDPI device spica.

After porting my icons and pngs looks big. Please find the screen shot...

Is there is any way i will able to make it look normal size ?

Attachments

• 20101031173744.png
    20101031173744.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 20101031173511.png
    20101031173511.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 20101031173631.png
    20101031173631.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 60
Jul 28, 2010
Nashville, TN
What exactly are your concerns? Lay each question out specifically and I will answer you.

Well my concern is the theme I like is a vanilla rom theme and my rom is sense so some of the apk's will not have the same name, therefore I'm assuming won't theme. Also I'm not fully understanding what to do with the folder after I've ran the script. I saw in another thread by op about the update.zip tool but when I try that i get the "java was not found, you will not be able to sign apks or use apktool" and I know I have java installed.

I've also read in threads where I can just open an apk from a themed version, open up my non-themed apk and swap out the files? I was thinking, can I just unzip some roms and pluck the apk's I like and sort of build my own rom if you will.

Thanks for responding and any help man:cool:

abu_noah

Feb 25, 2010
Columbia,Tennessee
www.youtube.com
Well my concern is the theme I like is a vanilla rom theme and my rom is sense so some of the apk's will not have the same name, therefore I'm assuming won't theme. Also I'm not fully understanding what to do with the folder after I've ran the script. I saw in another thread by op about the update.zip tool but when I try that i get the "java was not found, you will not be able to sign apks or use apktool" and I know I have java installed.

I've also read in threads where I can just open an apk from a themed version, open up my non-themed apk and swap out the files? I was thinking, can I just unzip some roms and pluck the apk's I like and sort of build my own rom if you will.

Thanks for responding and any help man:cool:
Yeah, if you use the theme porter, with a sense and non sense rom you will get only a little of the theme ported. You can open up the framework-res.apk of each and pluck out the parts of the theme you want and switch them to the unthemed framework-res.apk, but if they have different names you will have to rename them. and you can also switch out apps like you asked.

as for the folder after you've ran the script, it depends if you are just making a theme or a theme that's already built into the Rom. If you are just making a theme then create two folders called system and META-INF or better yet take the META-INF folder from another theme made for your rom, in that way it will already contain all the files inside. Inside the system folder put the framework folder that contains the newly themed framework-res.apk. Now download RegawMOD Zip maker install it and then run the program. create a working folder and close out the program. put your system and META_INF folders in the working folder. Now run the program again and select keep working folder/create update zip/create signed zip/give it a name and follow the directions from there. you put it on your sd card and flash it over the rom.

But doing vanilla to sense and the other way around means you will most likely have to manually switch out the png. files. if you get confused i'll try to help further.
If you are trying to create a rom with the theme built into it then after you run the script, take the framework-res.apk and put in in the rom's system/framework folder overwriting the old Framework-res.apk. Take any apps that you themed and put them in the system/app folder. zip up the rom and use something to sign it. I use this: RegawMOD Zip Signer And then just flash the rom. but doing

shekki

Apr 24, 2010
Tacoma
I like this theme-porter a lot. :) I managed to move a theme that was created for CM 6.0.0 to CM 6.1.0 RC1. Thank you. Now I don't have to look at the ugly original Froyo theme.

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
Hi, does the latest version or any version provide a way of converting the 9.png's from HDPI > MDPI ? or is it still being worked on?

Jul 28, 2010
Nashville, TN
Yeah, if you use the theme porter, with a sense and non sense rom you will get only a little of the theme ported. You can open up the framework-res.apk of each and pluck out the parts of the theme you want and switch them to the unthemed framework-res.apk, but if they have different names you will have to rename them. and you can also switch out apps like you asked.

as for the folder after you've ran the script, it depends if you are just making a theme or a theme that's already built into the Rom. If you are just making a theme then create two folders called system and META-INF or better yet take the META-INF folder from another theme made for your rom, in that way it will already contain all the files inside. Inside the system folder put the framework folder that contains the newly themed framework-res.apk. Now download RegawMOD Zip maker install it and then run the program. create a working folder and close out the program. put your system and META_INF folders in the working folder. Now run the program again and select keep working folder/create update zip/create signed zip/give it a name and follow the directions from there. you put it on your sd card and flash it over the rom.

But doing vanilla to sense and the other way around means you will most likely have to manually switch out the png. files. if you get confused i'll try to help further.
If you are trying to create a rom with the theme built into it then after you run the script, take the framework-res.apk and put in in the rom's system/framework folder overwriting the old Framework-res.apk. Take any apps that you themed and put them in the system/app folder. zip up the rom and use something to sign it. I use this: RegawMOD Zip Signer And then just flash the rom. but doing

yea it is a bit confusing but ill get it down. i am just trying to replace apk's within someones rom so not sure which method i should go about. im thinkin just downloading the rom, unzipping it, going into the system/app folder and either replacing the whole apk or editing it. is that something that can be done and along these lines we are talking about? i havent dl'd your programs yet because im using apk manager and trying to keep the confusion down a little. so maybe you could put some clarity into what i just described because i think im making it harder on myself and just adding to the confusion. after i get that clarified im gona need help with this java thing i cant seemed to get answered. i keep getting "java not found you will not be able to sign apks or use apktool" error, and the one answer ive found involves adding something (i dont know what) to the path in enviornment variable. until that gets fixed i wont be able to run anyones scripts properly. thanks for your help again man, its gettin clearer:cool:

abu_noah

Feb 25, 2010
Columbia,Tennessee
www.youtube.com
yea it is a bit confusing but ill get it down. i am just trying to replace apk's within someones rom so not sure which method i should go about. im thinkin just downloading the rom, unzipping it, going into the system/app folder and either replacing the whole apk or editing it. is that something that can be done and along these lines we are talking about? i havent dl'd your programs yet because im using apk manager and trying to keep the confusion down a little. so maybe you could put some clarity into what i just described because i think im making it harder on myself and just adding to the confusion. after i get that clarified im gona need help with this java thing i cant seemed to get answered. i keep getting "java not found you will not be able to sign apks or use apktool" error, and the one answer ive found involves adding something (i dont know what) to the path in enviornment variable. until that gets fixed i wont be able to run anyones scripts properly. thanks for your help again man, its gettin clearer:cool:
you can download the rom and unzip like you said and remove or add apk's to the system/app, but you have to be able to sign the zip so, you can flash it. just google java 6 and download and install. what OS are you using?

Devildog8791

Sep 15, 2009
Lonoke, AR
I'm wanting to port an AOSP Droid 1 Theme to a Droid Incredible using EVO framework Sense rom. Should I use the original, Beta 2 or Beta 3?

Westi01

Apr 1, 2010
Hey,
I was trying to port the theme: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=726912
To newest CM 6.1 RC1 for HTC Legend.
I used the Porter successful I guess. But if I am trying to flash the rom ( I have putted the output files from folder "new" to app/ framework of rom. After that I have compressed the folder with replaced apps/frameworks to zip and signed it with stericsons auto signer.)
what do I have to do to make it flashable ?
Thanks in advance for this awesome script.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres a script that ports your themes from firmware to firmware, rom to rom.

How it works:

- Looks through app/framework folder for apks that exist in new/old rom
    - Then extracts pngs from those apks
    - Then deletes mismatching pngs
    - Repacks old themes pngs into new rom
    - Done

Note: Benefit of this method is that you could literally port a donut theme to a froyo rom because it only copies images that exist in the new rom, and none that don't.

Betas are spread out through-out the thread (they provide a lot more features)

Instructions:

- Download zip
    - Extract zip
    - Place old framework/app in old folder (Rom that has the theme)
    - Place new framework/app in new folder (Rom u want to port it to)
    - Run batch script
    - The new folder is now themed

Requirements: Windows environment

Improvements:
    - Dependant on demand for this script.

NOTE: For now u can only transfer themes from 2.0+ to 2.0+ roms and pre 2.0 to pre 2.0 roms. Big reason is because of the mdpi folders whereas before there was only one. Will implement it as soon as possible.

Beta 3 Download -
    http://www.multiupload.com/62I7MXV620
    I found this elsewhere with a little help from Google. ^^
    Actually, the original mediafire file is still there (the animated download link) - it's just that mediafire changed their url format...

This works: http://www.mediafire.com/?d6n25tjqnksnk7t
    and download link is not working D:

>>Download Theme Porter 3 from here<<

Does this support HDPI or CM7 themes yet? Also, is this even still active?
    Theme Porter Support everything! All the ROMs!!!

For Example... it works if you have to "Port" a Theme/ROM for Nexus S to a Theme/ROM for Galaxy S or a Milestone!
    (attention when the former is hdpi and the latter is mdpi, use the function
    Toggle to hdpi-to-mdpi, but I don't know how this works)

The Porter works like Metamorph (but all happens on the PC, so out from the phone)!
    Metamorph works while the smartphone is active (OS is working)!
    With Metamorph I have problems if I try to modify frameork-res.apk, I suppose because OS are using it!
    So I use TP without problems!

Theme Porter extracts all the PNG of all the APKs in /OLD and compare them with all the PNG of all the APKs in /NEW!

If there are 2 PNG with the same name in the same place, Theme Porter takes the PNG in /NEW and replace it with the PNG in /OLD!

If the PNG exists only in /OLD, Theme Porter doesn't copy it in /NEW!

If the PNG exists only in /NEW, Theme Porter doesn't replace it (because there's nothing to replace)!

Doesn't matter if you use a Theme or Rom in update.zip, you need only the APKs!
    Indeed you only need the png in the apk!
    You can use (or make) a nameofapp.zip with inside only the folder /res/drawable/etc.... (or res/drawable-hdpi/pngfiles...etc...), then rename it in .apk and put it in OLD, and Theme Porter works just as well!! ;)

When I try to port, I keep getting: The system cannot find the file specified
    Address are too long!
    Rename Theme Porter folder in "TP" and put it in C/
    So you will have C/TP/new and C/TP/old, it works in this way! ;)

Here I posted a >Video Tutorial< in Italian!
    If you want... I can translate the slides in english! (Let me know...)
    But it's so easy that it is not necessary translate... ;)

How can i get that 'new rom'?
    because all i got just an apk from cm7 theme chooser..
    Thanks..

The Rom is a update.zip that contains (not only...) apks .... etc etc etc!
    The Theme is an update.zip that contains the Font, Bootanimation, and all the apks of the ROM (wich is based on) but with "themed" png!

The Theme.apk for theme chooser is different and it is only 1 apk that works like metamorph, but in different way because Theme Chooser doesn't replace physically the png in all the system.apk (all the apks of the ROM), but "tell" to the device that the png that are in the system apks are now in the Theme.apk (Theme for Theme Chooser)

You can learn to use Theme.apk for Theme Chooser from
    >>>HERE - [GUIDE] T-mobile theme engine for the faint at heart<<<

You could use Theme Porter (TP) between 2 apk for Theme Chooser, but this isn't the same of using TP between 2 ROM/Theme, because 2 apks for Theme Chooser could be very different!!!
    i need some help. i made some changes to the colors of some of the png's just in the drawable-mdpi folder in gomorrah's cm 6.1 theme and im trying to port the theme to jaybob's froyo2.2 DEC 17 BLACKMOD rom. i put gomorrah's framework in the old folder and jaybob's framework in the new folder, run the script, select 1, and it just says "The system cannot find the file specified." for both the apps and framework. heres a screenshot. thanks for any help.

79eac6434c0cb57a9d0f3aeb27ce7c065e37d69652df6f99b6bdcaf81bfa479d5g.jpg

I was having the same problem as you until I moved the folder containing the theme porter to "C:/themeporter". Any spaces will prevent the script from running.

May I suggest that the OP be amended to make this clear as I'm sure it will save a lot of similar posts / people's time?