FORUMS

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,658 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,046

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2017, 06:35 PM |#21021  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

I use FTP a lot on a LAN and can test this later. Meanwhile here are some questions and suggestions.

1) Clarification: Are you moving files within a MiXplorer FTP server being accessed by another device (client) or are you moving files on a different FTP server being accessed by MXplorer as client?

1) I use mixplorer as a client.
2) Using a network meter while moving 2gb file within the same ftp server I can see clearly that the data is being transfered to my phone before it hits its destination.
3)And I can confirm that the the problem appears after the version 6.17.5.
The Following User Says Thank You to khe.mehdi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khe.mehdi Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 07:22 PM |#21022  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,517

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khe.mehdi

1) I use mixplorer as a client.
2) Using a network meter while moving 2gb file within the same ftp server I can see clearly that the data is being transfered to my phone before it hits its destination.
3)And I can confirm that the the problem appears after the version 6.17.5.

Thanks for the details

Similar here: MiXplorer_v6.18.6_B1708151 on Android device-1 accessing MiXplorer_v6.18.5_B1708123 FTP server on Android device-2: From the client device, moving a 150MB file from one folder on the FTP server to another folder on the FTP server takes exactly twice as long as it did to copy the file from one device to the other (as you described).

With MiXplorer_v6.17.4_B1707302 as the FTP client on device-1 the same file move across folders on the same MiXplorer_v6.18.5_B1708123 FTP server was almost instantaneous.

A log might still be helpful but in any event, nice catch!.

[EDIT] Confirming that the same thing occurs in MiXplorer_v6.19.1-TEST_B1708292.

BTW, on a separate note, there are some nice new changes in the 6.19.1 change-log (although I use FTP enough that I may stay on an older version for daily use till that is fixed).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 09:22 PM |#21023  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ouzowtf's input is useless ... showing a screen of android google drive
clearly he did NOT read my post completely ...
the MIX... DOES NOT APPEAR in any official google app (nor via the browser nor via the android app)
and in Airexlplorer I tried to delete it but I got an "access refused error"

clearly it is indeed a leftover
but the question remains ... HOW TO REMOVE IT (if you cannot see it in any official google app) ????

thx all for your input

Bas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouzowtf

Three dot menu of the item -> delete

Or delete it via MiXplorer GDrive login.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Yeah, I meant however you see it. Tx for screenshot. I think that item has nothing to do with the actual use of the MiXplorer app, but rather is left over from previously downloading add-ons or language packs (maybe just a remembered link or history item).

Try @ouzowtf's suggestion to remove it from within your own Google account's G-Drive. If that does not work, then consider the possibility that is is just something that Airexplorer remembered (somewhat like a browser history link) which could be deleted/cleared from within Airexplorer.

30th August 2017, 09:33 PM |#21024  
Thanks Meter: 608

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by basile

ouzowtf's input is useless ... showing a screen of android google drive
clearly he did NOT read my post completely ...
the MIX... DOES NOT APPEAR in any official google app (nor via the browser nor via the android app)
and in Airexlplorer I tried to delete it but I got an "access refused error"

clearly it is indeed a leftover
but the question remains ... HOW TO REMOVE IT (if you cannot see it in any official google app) ????

thx all for your input

Bas

And your problem is clearly NOT a MiXplorer problem.
So now we can finally STOP TALKING about that here.
Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to ouzowtf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ouzowtf Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 09:39 PM |#21025  

More
it is indeed a PROBLEM ORIGINATED by MIXplorer who put something on MY DRIVE
now trying to get away with that putting responsibility on somebody else may be easy BUT is not acceptable
THAT is why I this case is NOT closed

I think on the contrary it is good that all (potential) MIXplorer users should be informed about this problem !

Now if HootanParsa (maker of MIXplorer) keeps on the background about this problem, than every (potential) user should know about this, not only here but on every related forum and eventually social media

There is probably a GOOD reason WHY MIXplorer is not to be found on the Google Play Store ...
30th August 2017, 09:46 PM |#21026  
Thanks Meter: 608

More
Quote:

it is indeed a PROBLEM ORIGINATED by MIXplorer who put something on MY DRIVE
now trying to get away with that putting responsibility on somebody else may be easy BUT is not acceptable
THAT is why I this case is NOT closed

I think on the contrary it is good that all (potential) MIXplorer users should be informed about this problem !

Now if HootanParsa (maker of MIXplorer) keeps on the background about this problem, than every (potential) user should know about this, not only here but on every related forum and eventually social media

You see only a problem in a third party app and not in the official GDrive app but still insist that MiXplorer is responsible?
Maybe the moderators should clean here...
30th August 2017, 09:49 PM |#21027  

More
hmmm, censorship is the sollution here ?
I have been on this forum for 15 years ... never had any message censored
and I don't see why mods should clean here because I am seeking a sollution and only (poor) excuses come up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouzowtf

You see only a problem in a third party app and not in the official GDrive app but still insist that MiXplorer is responsible?
Maybe the moderators should clean here...

30th August 2017, 10:10 PM |#21028  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,364

More
Quote:

No developer on XDA has a duty to be on top of your issues 24/7. You decided to use an application that is offered for free, don't be claiming rights that do not exist. Be polite and fair when asking for support, as opposed to threatening.

Quote:

There is probably a GOOD reason WHY MIXplorer is not to be found on the Google Play Store ...

Insulting is not permitted in XDA. If you've been here for 15 years you should know this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 10:20 PM |#21029  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,517

More
Quote:

hmmm, censorship is the sollution here ?
I have been on this forum for 15 years ... never had any message censored
and I don't see why mods should clean here because I am seeking a sollution and only (poor) excuses come up

@ouzowtf 's suggestion was completely reasonable, as was mine. In fact they covered different facets of the same overall response. If you don't like the fact that people in the MiXplorer forum could not help you fix what seems to be an issue with Airexplorer remembering a previously used cloud location or a Google Drive setting, then you should take your gripes to an Airexplorer or G-Drive forum. If you can establish that this is somehow a MiXplorer issue you'll find others willing to help you by testing and reporting. On the other hand your present approach, going off topic with a bad attitude - rude and berating to people who are trying to help (as well as incorrect in some points of fact), may not be the best way to go.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 10:20 PM |#21030  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 626

More
OK people please take it down a notch and go back to sane problem solving...

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk
30th August 2017, 10:39 PM |#21031  

More
that would be nice indeed Gothic
I did want to offend nobody anyway
but useless posting from forum-members who did not read my information completely are not helping

back on topic
the problem was initiated by MIXplorer
who apparently put data on my drive and did not take that away after I declined further use of the program

looking at my google app-permissions there is indeed no more any reference to anything about MIXplorer

the fact that I use Airexplorer has nothing to do with the problem
Airexplorer only helped me to discover / visuallize the problem (which google preferes to hide)

the point is that I would like interaction with the maker of the program here ....
only he should know how his data were placed on my google-drive AND how to delete them

again, thanks to all contributions
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)