Originally Posted by Mike B.
As others have pointed out, posting some logs is essential, but then so is explaining exactly how "AdAway isn't working".
- Is AdAway not installing?
- Is it not starting?
- Is it not getting enabled?
- Is it disabled after a reboot?
- Does your hosts file revert to default after a reboot?
- Does it only block some ads?
- Does it block ads only in some applications but not others?
- Does it only fail to update its source files?
- For each of the above that applies, what exact error, if any, do you see?
I won't be able to address as many questions on here as I used to, but the above points will help anybody give you proper advice, and without that information you'll only get guesses at best. Alternatively, you could search this thread or the FAQ where your answers are probably already posted...
There isn't any problem as such you mentioned. It is installing, the host files are all there, it stays enabled and all free apps are popping up ads which used to be blocked without any trouble in Cyanogen OS 12. However, I just moved to AICP last night, the problem there was, I was using both inbuilt add blocker and adaway, which was maybe conflicting with each other, so disabled the inbuilt add blocker, kept adaway enabled, and working like charm, I have noted down the link which was shared by another user for capturing logcat, once I move back to Cyanogen OS 12.1 I will post it. I went across couple of posts in Reddit as well where people were talking about adaway not working on COS12.1, maybe cyanogen inc is pushing ad some other way than conventional ? However I understand none of these speculations are useful without proper logs.