FORUMS

[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.2 :: [2019-12-29]

608 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,353
 
Post Reply Email Thread
13th September 2015, 08:37 PM |#4141  
Pkt_Lnt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,845
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlamania

Hi,

Adaway isn't working with Cyanogen OS 12.1 in my Oneplus One, I was using 3.0.1 earlier on 12.0, was working like a charm, even after upgrading to 3.0.2, had been using few days, its not working.

Is there any work around or is it a known issue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achaw

Same here with 12.1 Sultanxda

Without logs to see what is going on under the hood (so to speak) there is not answer to your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pkt_Lnt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pkt_Lnt Ad-Free
13th September 2015, 10:35 PM |#4142  
fiz:ik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 657
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achaw

Same here with 12.1 Sultanxda

Quote:
Originally Posted by devlamania

Hi,

Adaway isn't working with Cyanogen OS 12.1 in my Oneplus One, I was using 3.0.1 earlier on 12.0, was working like a charm, even after upgrading to 3.0.2, had been using few days, its not working.

Is there any work around or is it a known issue ?

Running smooth on two Ones with CyanogenOS 12.1 and temaseks unofficial maybe you can provide some logs
14th September 2015, 01:03 AM |#4143  
devlamania's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 318
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik

Running smooth on two Ones with CyanogenOS 12.1 and temaseks unofficial maybe you can provide some logs

I'm afraid, I don't know how to capture the logs, can you provide a basic guideline please ?
The Following User Says Thank You to devlamania For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devlamania Ad-Free
14th September 2015, 01:07 AM |#4144  
Pkt_Lnt's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,845
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlamania

I'm afraid, I don't know how to capture the logs, can you provide a basic guideline please ?

[Tutorial} How to Logcat
14th September 2015, 03:13 AM |#4145  
Mike B.'s Avatar
Recognized Contributor
/
Thanks Meter: 3,207
 
10
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlamania

Hi,

Adaway isn't working with Cyanogen OS 12.1 in my Oneplus One, I was using 3.0.1 earlier on 12.0, was working like a charm, even after upgrading to 3.0.2, had been using few days, its not working.

Is there any work around or is it a known issue ?

As others have pointed out, posting some logs is essential, but then so is explaining exactly how "AdAway isn't working".
  • Is AdAway not installing?
  • Is it not starting?
  • Is it not getting enabled?
  • Is it disabled after a reboot?
  • Does your hosts file revert to default after a reboot?
  • Does it only block some ads?
  • Does it block ads only in some applications but not others?
  • Does it only fail to update its source files?
  • etc.
  • For each of the above that applies, what exact error, if any, do you see?

I won't be able to address as many questions on here as I used to, but the above points will help anybody give you proper advice, and without that information you'll only get guesses at best. Alternatively, you could search this thread or the FAQ where your answers are probably already posted...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mike B. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike B. Ad-Free
14th September 2015, 05:43 AM |#4146  
devilrulz4ever's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Ads are suddenly popping up. Adaway was working before then out of nowhere ads are showing up, I have no idea.

Tapatalk'd from my Note 2 running Resurrection Remix. Kernel:Agni, Recovery: TWRP.
14th September 2015, 06:28 AM |#4147  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Maybe something changed your hosts file?

Tapatalked
14th September 2015, 06:39 AM |#4148  
devilrulz4ever's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdebesciak

Maybe something changed your hosts file?

Tapatalked

I even tried to manually replace the host file still ads pop up. No proxy in APN either.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
14th September 2015, 10:31 AM |#4149  
devilrulz4ever's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
Reinstalled the ROM, everything fresh, no ads now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
14th September 2015, 02:11 PM |#4150  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
great app. deserves a lot more attention.
14th September 2015, 03:32 PM |#4151  
devlamania's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bengaluru
Thanks Meter: 318
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.

As others have pointed out, posting some logs is essential, but then so is explaining exactly how "AdAway isn't working".

  • Is AdAway not installing?
  • Is it not starting?
  • Is it not getting enabled?
  • Is it disabled after a reboot?
  • Does your hosts file revert to default after a reboot?
  • Does it only block some ads?
  • Does it block ads only in some applications but not others?
  • Does it only fail to update its source files?
  • etc.
  • For each of the above that applies, what exact error, if any, do you see?

I won't be able to address as many questions on here as I used to, but the above points will help anybody give you proper advice, and without that information you'll only get guesses at best. Alternatively, you could search this thread or the FAQ where your answers are probably already posted...

There isn't any problem as such you mentioned. It is installing, the host files are all there, it stays enabled and all free apps are popping up ads which used to be blocked without any trouble in Cyanogen OS 12. However, I just moved to AICP last night, the problem there was, I was using both inbuilt add blocker and adaway, which was maybe conflicting with each other, so disabled the inbuilt add blocker, kept adaway enabled, and working like charm, I have noted down the link which was shared by another user for capturing logcat, once I move back to Cyanogen OS 12.1 I will post it. I went across couple of posts in Reddit as well where people were talking about adaway not working on COS12.1, maybe cyanogen inc is pushing ad some other way than conventional ? However I understand none of these speculations are useful without proper logs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes