[TOOL] MID change without ENG HBOOT | Aroma GUI

Search This thread

Golv

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
HTC U11
OnePlus 10 Pro
This tool will allow you to easily change MID directly from custom recovery (without ENG HBOOT!!!).

YOU MUST BE S-OFF!

Before using this tool you need to be sure you are using latest version of custom recovery (TWRP or CWM). The current downloads for both CWM and TWRP can found below:

The latest M7 U/UL TWRP can be downloaded HERE. I recommend using TWRP 2.6.3.3.
The latest M7 U/UL CWM can be downloaded HERE.

This will work for Intarnational version, GE, T_Mobile, AT&T and Verizon but NOT TESTED for SPRINT DEVICE!!!

To use this tool please copy zip file to your phone and then boot into custom recovery and choose Install. Then browse to where you copied zip file and select it. Aroma installer will begin. Choose options you want to run.

There will be created backup of original block on /sdcard before making changes.
Please save this backup on your computer (in case of restore) .

Reboot into bootloader after installing and check your new modelid (MID):
Code:
fastboot getvar mid

The echo command can be problematic in aroma, but I solved these problem.

I tested this tool! Everything works!
If AROMA Installer stops at 0% then you must to press Power button and hold 15-17 seconds to reboot. Then go into recovery and start installation again. This will help you.

***Credits***

amarullz for his AROMA Installer Script.
scotty1223 for his ADB shell commands. Threads HERE.
crushalot for his [TOOL] Lock/Unlock Bootloader + Remove Tampered | Aroma GUI and idea.

***Download***

MID_Change_TOOL_v.1.01.zip - 2.66 MB

md5: ae54b6e28a925270661994dbe16eb742

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Terrell1433

Nov 29, 2012
Grand Prairie
any idea why the aroma installer never moved passed 0.00%? Any way I can boot up? Stuck on the aroma installer
***Edit***
Nevermind. I got out of Aroma installer

Golv

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
HTC U11
OnePlus 10 Pro
I recommend using TWRP 2.6.3.0
If AROMA Installer stops at 0%, then you must to press Power button and hold 15-17 seconds to reboot. Then again go to recovery and start installation. This will help.

Reactions: real77055

adakaya1994

Dec 30, 2010
İstanbul
Hey, thank you for your work. But i have questions why would i want to change MID? What is the difference between MIDs?

Last edited:

jayplusone

May 21, 2013
New Jersey
Just wanted to say thank you for your work bro. I am such a noob when it comes to changing MID's and this did the trick for me. Highly appreciate it! :highfive:

Reactions: Golv

850csi

Apr 24, 2012
Golv, just wanted to say thanks. And I would reiterate his point that you need TWRP 2.6.3.0 for this to work.

jaypeg123

Sep 20, 2009
Malmoe
If I go supercid and supermid can I then get updates not intended for my country? Can I use this tool on Htc one max?

Golv

Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2012
HTC U11
OnePlus 10 Pro
If I go supercid and supermid can I then get updates not intended for my country?
No, you can't. If you change mid and sid for another country, you must change rom and firmware for this country to receive OTA.
Can I use this tool on Htc one max?
I don't know partition table of HTC One Max, so I can't give advice.
If partition table is identical to HTC One (M7), then you can use this tool.

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Thanx Glov,

I used the old method for a long time but tonight i tried your flashable zip and it worked fantastically using Philz modified CWM Recovery!!!

Reactions: Golv
D

darkarvan

im just not sure about this tool, it flash some numbers to the parition, isnt fastboot oem writemid PNxxx the same?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tool will allow you to easily change MID directly from custom recovery (without ENG HBOOT!!!).

YOU MUST BE S-OFF!

Before using this tool you need to be sure you are using latest version of custom recovery (TWRP or CWM). The current downloads for both CWM and TWRP can found below:

The latest M7 U/UL TWRP can be downloaded HERE. I recommend using TWRP 2.6.3.3.
    The latest M7 U/UL CWM can be downloaded HERE.

This will work for Intarnational version, GE, T_Mobile, AT&T and Verizon but NOT TESTED for SPRINT DEVICE!!!

To use this tool please copy zip file to your phone and then boot into custom recovery and choose Install. Then browse to where you copied zip file and select it. Aroma installer will begin. Choose options you want to run.

There will be created backup of original block on /sdcard before making changes.
    Please save this backup on your computer (in case of restore) .

Reboot into bootloader after installing and check your new modelid (MID):
    Code:
    fastboot getvar mid

The echo command can be problematic in aroma, but I solved these problem.

I tested this tool! Everything works!
    If AROMA Installer stops at 0% then you must to press Power button and hold 15-17 seconds to reboot. Then go into recovery and start installation again. This will help you.

***Credits***

amarullz for his AROMA Installer Script.
    scotty1223 for his ADB shell commands. Threads HERE.
    crushalot for his [TOOL] Lock/Unlock Bootloader + Remove Tampered | Aroma GUI and idea.

***Download***

MID_Change_TOOL_v.1.01.zip - 2.66 MB

md5: ae54b6e28a925270661994dbe16eb742

Enjoy!
    Hey, thank you for your work. But i have questions why would i want to change MID? What is the difference between MIDs?

Why change MID? Answer - here.
    i was looking for this yesterday. thank you ... i am trying to change my MID. twrp 2.6.3.3 and it stucks at 0%.

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

tried it again and flashed successfully. don't give up tryin' guys :)
    I recommend using TWRP 2.6.3.0
    If AROMA Installer stops at 0%, then you must to press Power button and hold 15-17 seconds to reboot. Then again go to recovery and start installation. This will help.