[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Search This thread

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
LakerStar25 said:
I flash it starts up says updating android then when its done and when I go to type something it just has the voice typing enabled I go to switch input method to touch but its not an option. I'm flashing the one from his Business ICS thread for v.3 black keyboard the one without arrows.
Hmmm I think that's the exact same one I'm using - I'll try to flash it again and report back...

Just flashed it again after wiping cache and Dalvik (which probably wasn't necessary), seems to work fine. I'm flashing "Nils-BlackKeyboard-v3.zip". After reboot, if I go to settings -> language/keyboard, Touch Input is there and configurable. If I open an app and start typing, the black keyboard without arrows come up and seems to work fine.

LakerStar25

Jan 25, 2011
LA
Just flashed it again after wiping cache and Dalvik (which probably wasn't necessary), seems to work fine. I'm flashing "Nils-BlackKeyboard-v3.zip". After reboot, if I go to settings -> language/keyboard, Touch Input is there and configurable. If I open an app and start typing, the black keyboard without arrows come up and seems to work fine.

Damn I don't know why mine won't work.

Sent from my ICS Rezound

LakerStar25

Jan 25, 2011
LA
if you go to settings -> lang/keyboard, is Touch Input there? maybe it's there but not selected (checkbox is unchecked)?

Nope its not there. I just tried it again and no go. I even tried pulling the apk and using root explorer to put it in system/apps but nothing.

Sent from my ICS Rezound

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
WiFi Toggle Patch!

WiFi Toggle Patch!

Changes in Version 4.2.1 - 4/1/2012
Added the WiFi Toggle on Quick Settings. Download HERE and flash in Recovery. This is just a PATCH and not an entire ROM and should only be flashed over version 4.2!

If you can spare a couple bucks please consider donating because I had to have my phone replaced by Assurion due to the fact I cracked the screen so I am $99.00 poorer now :( And yes, I made this mod with a cracked screen :p Thats Dedication!

sungal

Aug 13, 2010
Chicago
Verizon app

I know this may be a silly question but I'm using CR 4.2 pro and am wondering how to get the My Verizon app to work. You know the one with the data usage widget? Widget works but I can't open the app to log in to check minutes, etc... it tells me it requires the VZW login client, which I'm assuming was removed for the pro version? No biggy am just curious and would like to use the app if possible. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I'll check it out. I just hate cases. They add so much bulk to the phone.

I'll check that one out too. But see above. I cant deal with the bulk :(

Yeah, I have the Assurion coverage. I just bought it two weeks ago during open enrollment. I normally buy that stuff but when I got this phone I said no way would I need it. I am too careful. Sure enough when open enrollment came around... I signed up. That goodness I did!

Anyway, here is what I got:

attachment.php

Damn, that sucks! At least you're getting a replacement tomorrow. ;) I have a Seidio SURFACE case (purple of course lol) I really like it and it's not bulky like others. I'm not a "holster" fan but I haven't been able to find a case like my Eris one so I've gotten used to it, as I have to have a way to carry my phone. Are you going to use a case now?:eek:

Scott

I know this may be a silly question but I'm using CR 4.2 pro and am wondering how to get the My Verizon app to work. You know the one with the data usage widget? Widget works but I can't open the app to log in to check minutes, etc... it tells me it requires the VZW login client, which I'm assuming was removed for the pro version? No biggy am just curious and would like to use the app if possible. Thanks!

I removed ALL traces of the Verizon stuff. They have log in applications that run in the background sucking up clock cycles and RAM which is why I removed them. If you are looking for any VZW App support it might be best to use CleanROM Standard. The entire point of the Pro edition is to remove exactly what you want to put back in, lol

You can prolly pull the SSO log ins from the CleanROM standard file. Just grab anything that says SSO in the name of the APK and push them to /system/app/

As far as the case... IDK yet. I hate using screen protectors and cases. They just detract from the form of the phone so much :(

Last edited:

sungal

Aug 13, 2010
Chicago
I removed ALL traces of the Verizon stuff. They have log in applications that run in the background sucking up clock cycles and RAM which is why I removed them. If you are looking for any VZW App support it might be best to use CleanROM Standard. The entire point of the Pro edition is to remove exactly what you want to put back in, lol

You can prolly pull the SSO log ins from the CleanROM standard file. Just grab anything that says SSO in the name of the APK and push them to /system/app/

As far as the case... IDK yet. I hate using screen protectors and cases. They just detract from the form of the phone so much :(

Haha, I thought that was why but wasn't sure if there was a way to put that ONE VZW app back. I'll have to see but it's no biggy. I'm certainly am not leaving the PRO version just for that ;)

You really should get a case tho, you'll get used to it. :rolleyes: I'm a big fan of the Zagg invisibleSHIELD myself. It goes on so smooth and you can't even tell you have it on. Doesn't get matted or blurry or fuzzy, etc.. like some other screen protectors I've seen other people have. Can usually find them on ebay for like $14. I even got them for all my boys phones too.

Scott

Haha, I thought that was why but wasn't sure if there was a way to put that ONE VZW app back. I'll have to see but it's no biggy. I'm certainly am not leaving the PRO version just for that ;)

You really should get a case tho, you'll get used to it. :rolleyes: I'm a big fan of the Zagg invisibleSHIELD myself. It goes on so smooth and you can't even tell you have it on. Doesn't get matted or blurry or fuzzy, etc.. like some other screen protectors I've seen other people have. Can usually find them on ebay for like $14. I even got them for all my boys phones too.

Yeah, I am going to think about it. The cost of a case and screen protector is a lot less than the cost of replacement phone, lol

Well see!

VinceOB

Jul 31, 2009

Im the same way, I cant STAND cases on my phones. Im using a Type S case and its thin enough where there isnt too much bulk. I also have Ghost Armor on it as well as their screen protector. I like it. I keep going back and forth.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Its already on the SD Card. Its called "Stock Battery.zip"

Flash it in recovery like a normal mod and you will certainly not have the 2% variance when the battery drops below 20% ;)

I saw that one there. That takes away the % on the battery itself, huh? lol

Scott

Im the same way, I cant STAND cases on my phones. Im using a Type S case and its thin enough where there isnt too much bulk. I also have Ghost Armor on it as well as their screen protector. I like it. I keep going back and forth.

Can you guys start providing links to these cases you use so I can start scoping them out. I am getting really paranoid already and I dont even have the new phone yet, lol

I saw that one there. That takes away the % on the battery itself, huh? lol

Yep! Its just the stock battery. When I first made the ROM I liked the percent battery. But as time goes on my tastes change so I didint want to just force everyone back to the standard battery (people dont like change!) so I just quietly placed it on the SD Card for those that prefer the non percent battery. Plus I had a few people asking for it. One guy said earlier he was OCD and kept checking the percentage of charge because it was right there. I can repsect that because I constantly check the available memory and use Fast Boot even if I am not using my phone. I will just pick up, check memory, run fast boot, check memory, put it back down... But I digress...

Yes, I placed this there well before that one guy freaked out and caused a **** storm. But... It is a guaranteed fix for it, lol :D

sungal

Aug 13, 2010
Chicago
Can you guys start providing links to these cases you use so I can start scoping them out. I am getting really paranoid already and I dont even have the new phone yet, lol

Here's mine, I'm sure you wouldn't go for the purple lol but it's a pretty thin case and is hard. I don't care for the gel/silicone, they seem to slippery for me. This ebay seller was awesome too!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seidio-SURF...s=63&clkid=7415384692030551557#ht_2751wt_1037

computerfreek

Feb 1, 2010
www.nhscan.com

OtterBox Commuter Series no built in screen protector

OtterBox defender has a built in screen protector I love this case it takes a week or 2 for the screen protector to sit flat it like a hard plastic screen protector but after that it is great.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arezound+otterbox&keywords=rezound+otterbox&ie=UTF8&qid=1333295256

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

CR4.5-Rez-1.png

CR4.5-Rez-2.png

about.png

CleanROM Developer Edition was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich with a lot of Sense Removed! All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 5/9/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.11.605.22. ROM Supports both Gingerbread and ICS Firmware and S-ON or S-OFF!
    Please read the installation instructions!!! They have changed!

features.png

Removed VZW Bloat!
    Custom Tweaks App by Jan!
    Custom Team Blackout Sense 4.0 Clock Widget Skin
    Performance and Battery Enhancements!
    ES File Explorer
    WiFi Tether
    Battery Icon with Percent (Stock Battery on SD Card)
    Super Extended Quick Settings
    No Location Icon
    Can be flashed with either firmware and S-ON or S-OFF

Pro.png

The Professional Edition of CleanROM

This ROM is identical to CleanROM Standard with the exception it is even cleaner;

The following are removed in this build:
    • All Social Networking apps and libraries
    • HTC Reader
    • Verizon Instant Messenger
    • Verizon Back up Service
    • Verizon Media Manager
    • Plus One
    • Picasa

NOTE: The Pro Edition Does not and will not support any of the removed apps. Please dont waste your time asking.

tweaks.png

Statusbar Tweaks
    Hide and Reorder Quicksetting
    Quick quicksettings toggle: If no notification to clear will show Quicksettings
    Hide WiFi Config
    Hide Specific Notifications Icons: Alarm / GPS / Bluetooth / WiFi / Data / Headset / Volume
    Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    Clock Options
    Recent Apps Toggle
    Enable Transparency

Sense Tweaks
    Smooth Rosie Tweaks
    Toggle Unlock animation
    Toggle 5 Column App Drawer
    Toggle Paginated App Drawer
    Enable Transparency

Lockscreen Tweaks
    AOSP Lock Screen toggle
    Custom Carrier Caption
    Toggle Menu Key to Unlock
    Volume Keys to wake

Misc Tweaks
    Phone Info menu
    Capacitive Back light Settings
    Selectable Overscroll Colors
    Options for Advanced Power Menu

Advanced Tweaks
    Fix permissions
    Zipalaign apks
    Mount system rw/ro
    Wipe Battery stats
    Wipe cache/dalvik

changes.png

Changes in Version 4.5 - 5/10/2012
    • Added: Blackout ICS Skin
    • Fixed: Blackout Original Skin
    • Updated: Install method for S-ON / S-OFF! Read the install instructions! Major Changes to support all install methods!
    • Updated: Kernel and build.prop from 3.14 Leak
    • Updated: Facebook, Flash, Maps, Streets
    • Removed: SD Card Contents. Now seperate downloads. Read the install instructions!

tether.png

• Start Application
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Device Type -> Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Select Change Setup-Method -> netd (master)
    • Select Enable WiFi-Encryption -> Your Choice
    • Select Routing Fix
    • Start Tether and allow Root

installation.png

There are 4 ways to install CleanROM 4.5

NOTE: If you are not S-OFF or on ICS Firmware you will need to download the Extra's and place them on the root of your SD Card BEFORE you flash the ROM! They are no longer included in the ROM file itself!

Method 1: Installation for S-OFF Devices on ICS firmware
    • S-OFF Recomended!
    • Copy ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • wipe data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 2: Installation for S-ON Devices on ICS firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 3: Installation for S-OFF Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Firmware Patch
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 4: Installation for S-ON Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Fimrware Patch
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

extra.png

Download PH98IMG.zip HERE! This is only for S-ON Devices

Download Gingerbread Firmware patch HERE! - You only need to do this if you are on Gingerbread Fimrware!

Flash All Zips except PH98IMG in recovery but you all knew that!

thanks.png

teamblackout.png

And the following XDA Developers and Members: dsixda - drellisdee - racinwarrior - lrod0175 - VinceOB - j4n87 - eboelzner

Alternate Kernels

I have created a flashable 3.13.607.5 Kernel and a flashable 3.14.605.5 Kernel for the ROM.

Some people feel that the 3.13.607.5 kernel gave better battery and cooling than the latest kernel.

Feel free to download and test for yourself!

These are in old school method as to make one simple step for everyone. This also resets mainver to 1.00.000.0 :D

Instructions
    1. Download to root of SD Card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash Zip
    4. Phone will reboot to hboot
    5. Press power one time so it will scan the SD Card
    6. Install boot.img when prompted
    7. Reboot when prompted

Download the 3.13.605.7 kernel HERE

Download the 3.14.605.5 kernel HERE
    Reserved for future use....
    Reserved for future use....
    Np. Not trying to bite your head off or anything, but wipe is always almost recommended.

You get to go off on someone and get a thanks for that.

I post a killer ROM and then a mirror by request and I get **** :(

700+ downloads in 7 hours and I have 12 thanks. Im not complaining... But really?