FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] [v.1.5+] Wakelock Detector- What keeps your phone awake when it sleeps?

224 posts
Thanks Meter: 683

By ahikmat, Senior Member on 7th March 2013, 03:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2015, 03:29 PM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supro

Can anyone say what is wrong?

Facebook and messenger are the problems here, use greenify to hibernate them

4th February 2015, 12:58 PM |#602  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Is this compatible with Lollipop? I'm running it on N5 5.0.1 and the values it reports don't really make sense anymore (was fine under 4.4.4 kitkat)...
4th February 2015, 05:20 PM |#603  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'm trying to get the PC version of Wakelock Detector to work, but it keeps popping up the message "Device is not ready. Make sure your phone is connected and the USB (ADB) drivers are installed!"

I've installed ADB drivers, at least I think I have, I used the one I found here:
http://androidxda.com/download-best-android-adb-driver

Can anybody help out with this?
9th February 2015, 03:53 PM |#604  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
26% awake doesn't seem to be good.
How to get rid of the Audiomix and Alarmmanager?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1423497172242.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	3157382Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1423497186427.jpg
Views:	554
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	3157383Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1423497196961.png
Views:	552
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	3157384
16th February 2015, 08:02 AM |#605  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I am not able to make it work on 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Whenever I launch the app it is showing no data.
Am I missing anything? I am using it on a non root Moto G.
16th February 2015, 08:55 AM |#606  
Thanks Meter: 655

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxex_

26% awake doesn't seem to be good.
How to get rid of the Audiomix and Alarmmanager?

To reduce AudioMix disable touch sounds and screen lock sounds in settings. Also try disabling audible notifications in your email/gmail and any other apps that have audible notifications.
16th February 2015, 09:36 AM |#607  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 9,352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsieur_Bond

I am not able to make it work on 5.0.2 Lollipop.
Whenever I launch the app it is showing no data.
Am I missing anything? I am using it on a non root Moto G.

Since KitKat you'll need root access due to permission changes.
Solution for non root users https://docs.google.com/presentation...dit#slide=id.p
19th February 2015, 10:24 AM |#608  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
What is *alarm*? I tried searching Google and couldn't find anything on it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-02-19 10.08.57.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	3173284  
20th February 2015, 03:55 AM |#609  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA1973

Since KitKat you'll need root access due to permission changes.
Solution for non root users https://docs.google.com/presentation...dit#slide=id.p

I already went through that slide, I can install terminal from google play.

What is the significance of command "adb tcpip 555"

If you know can you please explain how this is going to work? How this is going to show which app is keeping cpu awake?
25th February 2015, 01:17 AM |#610  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i have the strangest wakelock i can't figure out why it is happening.

I have a samsung tab 4 7 inch and i use wakelock detector to work out what is causing my phone not to sleep. i charge my tablet on and off when needed and from time to time for some inexplicable reason it refuses to sleep after i unplug it from the charger (but not every single time! only once or after a second charge) i can't figure out the pattern, i charge it once and unplug (by unlocking screen first always then unplug to eliminate that wakelock) and it'll be fine, then maybe my second charge that day i'll unlock it after waking it up first and then it'll have a massive no sleep time all red on wakelock detector.. i can't figure it out?

i thought maybe the usb port may be slightly damaged but even when i use a different charger and samsung cable the waklock does not go away it's completely red almost. the only thing that seems to fix it annoyingly is restarting the phone and then using adb terminal services and using the wakelock detector instructions how to use it with kitkat (it requires adb terminal stuff), after that it sleeps perfectly but this is really annoying having to do it every day or so plugging it into a laptop and running adb services and terminal.

can anyone explain why this fixes it and what is happening?

i've tried several things which don't work which normally work on my other samusng devices, powering up in flight mode with wifi off then switching wifi on.. doesn't work. trying a different charger different cable. same issue.

the wakelock it says which is causing the issue is powermanagerservice.display

could it be the pins in my samsung cable that's doing it?

i did notice it happened once on my notepro 12.2 too with same wakelock.. maybe because once it's there no matter what cable i use it stays until i clear it, but like i said i can charge it again with same cable and charger and it'll be fine, but then if i do it a second time later or third the issue comes back.. inexplicable.

could wakelock detector itself be causing this wakelock if powermanagerservice.display is at the top and actually running adb services with terminal emulator fixes it?

there;'s no way for me to check without uninstalling wakelock detector and relying on battery drain as a guide
25th February 2015, 09:50 AM |#611  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Im spevulating now it may be the cable contact points which is annoying because I only got it less than 8 months ago with my genuine Samsung car charger which is extra long .

What doesn't make sense is if I plug it back in then unplug it doesn't kill the wakelock but on my s3 it does. Reason I mention is my s3 had same issue too over the weekend and I could have sworn that I unlocked it before I unplugged. Maybe the cable is not recignising that the tablet is unlocked before I unplug and also I have os monitor running on the screen when I unplug which potentially could be the issue too.

I'll have to experiment with different cable first then see.

I pulled it out 6 times yesterday after 1 min to test it shich can't ve good for the battery.

Why does using adb terminal emulator reset it could it be the adb kill-server vommand that's fixing it?

Can I run it without being plugged into my laptop or would that brick the tablet?

It doesn't make sense why sometimes it's ok and orhers it isn't if it's a bad cable or connection it should happen every time or not charge
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)