Vote on whether your Dell Venue Pro is crashing frequently

Is your Dell Venue Pro crashing frequently (once or more per day)?

• Frequent crashing, 16GB model, less than 14GB available storage remaining

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Frequent crashing, 16GB model, more than 14GB available storage remaining

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Frequent crashing, 8GB model, less than 6.5GB available storage remaining

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Frequent crashing, 8GB model, more than 6.5GB available storage remaining

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • No frequent crashing, 16GB model, less than 14GB available storage remaining

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • No frequent crashing, 16GB model, more than 14GB available storage remaining

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • No frequent crashing, 8GB model, less than 6.5GB available storage remaining

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • No frequent crashing, 8GB model, more than 6.5GB available storage remaining

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sy5tem3rrer

Apr 21, 2009
its a shame

i had mine for about 48 hours. the build date was 1-21-2011. i didnt have any lock up or crash problems but i did just drop reception randomly twice. it would not always update apps and would sit in an endless loop trying to connect to the market place sometimes. overall i like the phone but i dont want to deal with these first time bugs so im gonna send mine back t dell. hopfully other people post about any more recent builds of the model. if they fix all the bug and wp7 gets a bit more open the i would definatly get it again

Crimson Lotus

Jan 28, 2011
Earth
i had mine for about 48 hours. the build date was 1-21-2011. i didnt have any lock up or crash problems but i did just drop reception randomly twice. it would not always update apps and would sit in an endless loop trying to connect to the market place sometimes. overall i like the phone but i dont want to deal with these first time bugs so im gonna send mine back t dell. hopfully other people post about any more recent builds of the model. if they fix all the bug and wp7 gets a bit more open the i would definatly get it again

LOL, If you want openness go buy an Android.
As for Bugs, You do know that this is the First Version of WP7 right? Remember when Android's First version was release... was it Bug Free? WP7 will only get better as time goes by, since the First Official Update is getting release early this Month, Why not wait a little.

edtrunks

Mar 11, 2010
springfield
I received mine yesterday and I have experienced frequent crashing :-( I have noticed it happens more when I am downloading something in marketplace..and sometimes within random apps (Netflix, pageonce, Facebook)...i haven't left my house since I got the phone so I've only been using WiFi...not sure if it stop once I'm off it.

pjfan75

Nov 16, 2010
FWIW I got a replacement 8GB model last week because of dust under the screen. The replacement locked up constantly, so I decided to stick with dust and stability.

The replacement came in a retail box but only included the phone - no battery or accessories. Not sure if it was refurbished or new.

varunverma

Jul 9, 2006
i've been using mine for last 48 hrs now. n thanks to scary threads on xda-dev. i've mostly kept the DVP under wraps. haven't made even a single call from it :D but have downloaded large games like assasin's creed, max and magic marker etc. over the wifi.
syncing with zune has been flawless so far.. as i've wp7 on my hd2 i already had a lot of stuff on zune profile n live id. all synced pretty nicely.
over all didn't have even a single freeze (touch wood!)
keeping fingers crossed for fututre

erebusting

Mar 18, 2010
Mine works fine until-
If I turn on wifi, it freezes like CRAZYYYYYY!!
also if I connect it to my Zune on my PC, the Zune program itself starts running REALLLLLY slow (and I have a core i7, 6gb 2000mhz ddr3 ram etc...)...

I have Windows 7 64bit...
I have tried someones Samsung focus on this computer as well and it does not get these issues...
I tried the same DVP on another computer (xp 32bit) and it worked fine...

very weird

I had an 8GB before and it crashed on me very infrequently -it ran alot smoother overall than this 16gb that I have now... I am very frustrated and would like a fix or would like to find how to fix it soon... it sucks! haha

HOPE THIS HELPS

Zephnath

Oct 27, 2008
Layton
Mine crashes if I am downloading from the Marketplace using Wi-Fi. Generally only if I am doing other things on the phone while it downloads, or if I leave the phone alone for a while then come back and try to use it again.

Other devices I used would freeze in marketplace, but generally would recover within a few minutes or the power button still responsive. When this thing freezes, it's all over from there.

Zephnath

Oct 27, 2008
Layton
Try this to fix Zune Software

Mine works fine until-
If I turn on wifi, it freezes like CRAZYYYYYY!!
also if I connect it to my Zune on my PC, the Zune program itself starts running REALLLLLY slow (and I have a core i7, 6gb 2000mhz ddr3 ram etc...)...

I have Windows 7 64bit...

HOPE THIS HELPS

Try running the Zune software in combatibility mode by following these steps:
1. Right click on the Zune software icon from the programs list
2. select properties
3. Click on Combatibility
4. Click the check box next to the text "Run this program in combatibility mode for:"
5. Select a version of Windows Vista from the drop down menu.
6. Check the box that has the text "Run this program as an administrator" next to it

There is a chance that you may only need to the program as an administator, so you may want to skip steps 3-5 and see if that works first. Note that you will get a notification every time you start the program now, that is the down side of doing this, but it could fix your problem. If not, just reverse the steps to go back to normal. Let me know if this works, if not I have other suggestions for you to try.

erebusting

Mar 18, 2010
Thanks but it did not work....=[

Try running the Zune software in combatibility mode by following these steps:
1. Right click on the Zune software icon from the programs list
2. select properties
3. Click on Combatibility
4. Click the check box next to the text "Run this program in combatibility mode for:"
5. Select a version of Windows Vista from the drop down menu.
6. Check the box that has the text "Run this program as an administrator" next to it

There is a chance that you may only need to the program as an administator, so you may want to skip steps 3-5 and see if that works first. Note that you will get a notification every time you start the program now, that is the down side of doing this, but it could fix your problem. If not, just reverse the steps to go back to normal. Let me know if this works, if not I have other suggestions for you to try.

Zephnath

Oct 27, 2008
Layton
Thanks but it did not work....=[

Ok, so here is the other suggestions I have for you.

Option 1
1. Plug phone in to computer
2. Open Device manager (Start>Right Click Computer>Left Click Manage>Click on device manager)
3. In device manager click the plus next to Portable Devices
4. Right Click your phone (this will most likely show as what you named your phone)
5. From the drop down menu, left click uninstall
6. From the window that opens warning you about the uninstall, check the box that mentions deleting the driver software
7. Click OK (Your phone will now disapear from the list)
8. Click Action from the top menu bar
9. Click Scan for Hardware Changes
10. Your computer should now reinstall your phone (if not right click the unkiwn device and select update drivers from the drop down menu)
11. Reboot (just for good measure)

Now run Zune Software and see how it performs. If still a no go, uninstall Zune Software, and then install a fresh copy. (That is Option 2)

If that doesn't work, try a different cable if possible (Option 3)

If you still have problems, the issue may be outdated drivers on your computer (OEMs are sometimes poor examples of keeping things up to date....I know big surprise right? If this is the case, go to the manufacture and get the drivers from them) (Option 4)

There are other possibilities for your issue, could be another program messing things up on your system. For now, try these steps and see if any of them work. Finding specific problem programs can be a pain....unless you already know how to figure that one out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can someone list the symptoms of crashing? Is it just screen freeze or apps won't launch when touched or something different? I had case y'day where except people, email and phone, none of the other apps would launch. When launched it would just return to the home screen right away. Then a battery pull fixed it. That was the first i had the issue since receiving the phone on 12/23. I have time till end of this week to decide on return or replacement.

Those kinds of problems happen on all WP7 from what I've read and seen. You shouldn't have to pull the battery in that case. Just hold down the power button for about 5 seconds until you see "Goodbye". Then you can turn the phone back on.

The issue others are reporting is that the phone is totally unresponsive and cannot be reset without pulling the battery. Based on the results of the poll so far, this appears to happen far more frequently on the 16GB than the 8GB model - only 1 person with an 8GB model has said they have frequent crashes.
    That reminds me of another thing that annoys me about WP7, the Call History is terrible. You can't delete individual items in the list. You either have to keep everything or delete everything. That's just idiotic.

Yes, you can delete individual item. If you keep pressing the individual item (similar to how you do 'Pin to Start'), it brings up the 'Delete Item' option.
    Remember, in WP7 there so many tricks like this if you happen to press a item/title for long.