Hangouts MMS Issue - Resolution?

Search This thread

myk.robinson

Jan 15, 2011
www.wheremothandrustdestroy.com
I have read another thread on here with people having the issue of VERY delayed MMS using Hangouts. Just wondering if there is a definitive resolution to this yet, or if anyone even knows what the root cause is? I'm guessing its not the app in and of itself, otherwise one would think it would happen on every device.

Wonder if manually entering an APN would help.
Just looking for ideas...

myk.robinson

Jan 15, 2011
www.wheremothandrustdestroy.com
I will say this. I tested using the stock Messaging app, and everything seems to work as quickly as expected. I love using Hangouts, but perhaps until a proper fix is found, I just need to use the native stock app :(

dynofrk666

Mar 25, 2009
I'm also having SMS/MMS issues using hangouts with this phone, seems like even regular SMS messages sometimes take up to 5 minutes to send, and usually send 2 or 3 of the same message, and I'll receive duplicate messages back. It's strange, i had zero problems with hangouts on the previous HTC One using hangouts, hopefully an update or something fixes it.

replica9000

May 31, 2009
I have no problems with regular SMS with Hangouts. MMS is slow. Think every MMS I've received had to retry before I got it.

bloodiedwraith

Aug 22, 2008
New York
This happened when Hangouts was first released when using on the HTC One M7. We're probably going to have to wait for an update from Google before it's fixed.