[THEME] Official Team Venom ViperX theme thread

Search This thread

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
viperxn.png

So, you've downloaded and been blown away by the most advanced ROM on the One X - ViperX for JellyBean or ICS!!

Well, the fun doesn't end there! Thanks to Team Venom's powerful theme engine, you can change multiple elements of the theme on the fly - a never-before seen feature on any ROM.

Of course as with anything new, there is much confusion how this works. The aim of this thread is to clarify how to change various aspects of the theme, and unleash the full power of the Viper!

There are 3 aspects to themeing on ViperX:

• The built in theme engine (covering statusbar icons, Sense icons, wallpapers, fonts etc)
  • The full flashable theme, which completely transforms the look of your device
  • Custom skins

To some degree, the effects of these are independent. So you can change aspects of the built in theme without changing the skin, or change the skin but keep theme elements. Or even keep everything, and just change the Sense icons. The possibilities are endless.

The secret to ViperX's stunning good looks is a combination of the above, and you can find more information on this over the next 4 posts

Please post any theme questions / issues here rather than on the main ROM thread, let's keep that clean for ROM issues.

Thank you

teamam.png

fisha21 | patensas | IXimages | Tattari | mwr666 | bebida | Mr Hofs | Grinder19 | fichl​

Last edited:

grinder19

Oct 6, 2010
Wolverhampton
www.magiorom.com
downloadzg.png

ADDITIONAL MODS FOR VIPERX JB

THEMES AND SKINS

SENSE ICON SETS

STATUSBAR/HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL EQS ICONS

WALLPAPERS

VIPERX ICS COMPATIBLE DOWNLOADS

THEMES

THEMED APPS

STOCK HTC APPS

Some great themes available over here too. Might be some issues with signal icons, as the themes are for CDMA phones, but the rest should work ok - make sure you Nandroid first!!​

HAD A FEW PEOPLE ASKING ABOUT THEMES FOR THE REZOUND - HEAD ON OVER TO THEREV29'S THEME THREAD FOR ALL THE THEMES YOU COULD WANT

Last edited by a moderator:

fichl

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 30, 2007
Berlin
RedVenom v4.1.1.1

2hnwgzl.png

RedVenom v4.1.1.1 inverted Sense 5 theme for ViperX 4.1.1

So, you've had a play around with the Venom Hub and seen how many customisation options are available.
But somehow, it's not quite enough?! Well, that's where the RedVenom theme comes in.
This is a full flashable theme that takes the customisation to the next level.

As you can see from the screenshots, flashing the theme brings a touch of red to all elements of the UI,
including all the system images, phone, keyboard etc.

14cb3th.jpg

RedVenom v4.1.1.1 ---> DOWNLOAD

Get the snakehead appdrawer icon here --> View attachment snakehead_drawer_icon.zip
Fix for blue dot in worldclock --> here

Credits to:
* @fisha21 - for helping a LOT!
* @Mr Hofs - for sharing ideas and stuff and the awesome Red Venom Logo
* @smokin901 - for Big Caller ID mod

Use #FFEB001A as color in tweaks for red tone.

Changelog:

v4.1.1.1
- Reworked Sense6 Homescreen and Blinkfeed
- Little fixes

v4.1.1
- Updated for compatibility with ViperX 4.1.1

v4.1
- Updated for compatibility with ViperX 4.1
- Updated german translations in Tweaks

v4.0.7.1
- Fixed HTC Carousel Background thanks to @fisha21
- Fixed Inputfields in Hub and Tweaks thanks to @WreckTangle
- Included volume icon Fix by @RichmondoUK
- Updated german translations in Tweaks and Superuser

v4.0.7
- updated for compatibility with ViperX 4.0.7

v4.0.6
- updated for compatibility with ViperX 4.0.6

v4.0.5
- updated for compatibility with ViperX 4.0.5

v4.0.4
- updated for compatibility with ViperX 4.0.4
- added semi-transparent sense quicksettings

v4.0.3
- updated for compatibility with ViperX 4.0.3
- Fixed Browser History + Bookmarks Background and Browser Pie colors
- Themed Keyboard Trace colors
- Fixed missing heart emoticon in keyboard
- Fixed fc with custom Appdrawer Icons from VenomHub
- Reverted Appdrawer + Unlock Icon to Stock
- Little more cosmetics ...

v4.0.2
- updated for compatibility with ViperX 4.0.2
- Fixed IME Highlitghts thanks to @fisha21 and @rayford85
- Added transparent notifications in stausbar pulldown
- Removed annoying photo_mask for lowres contact photos
- Fixed apm-volume background thanks to @Mr Hofs
- Added Big Caller ID mod by @smokin901
- Resized Contact Photo in Contact-Card
- Added more Red stuff / cosmetics ...

old versions:

RedVenom v4.1.1 ---> DOWNLOAD

RedVenom v4.1 ---> DOWNLOAD

RedVenom v4.0.7.1 ---> DOWNLOAD

RedVenom v4.0.7 ---> DOWNLOAD

RedVenom v4.0.6 ---> DOWNLOAD

RedVenom v4.0.5 ---> DOWNLOAD

RedVenom v4.0.4 ---> DOWNLOAD

RedVenom v4.0.3 ---> DOWNLOAD

RedVenom v4.0.2 ---> DOWNLOAD
* requires this patch forVenomTweaks working properly !

Initial Release -> DOWNLOAD HERE

enjoy!

Sense4 version

16117308.png
54321819.png
32065952.png
24627650.png
89601065.png

v3.3.2 IS COMPATIBLE WITH VIPERX 3.6.1

INSTALLATION
AS ALWAYS, NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING....AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Just flash the zip through recovery. It will launch an AROMA installer that allows you to choose which elements of the theme to install. It will also install the RedVenom skins to /data/app

To get the full effect, you will also need to apply the RedVenom skin.

Code:
 Settings > Personalise > Skins > RedVenomJB or RedVenom2.0 > apply

To revert back, just reflash the ROM without wiping.​

Last edited:

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
kitchentutorial.png

So you've read about the revolutionary theme engine in the ROM thread. But what exactly can you do with it? Basically, it allows you to alter some of the graphical elements on the fly, without needing to flash or even reboot.

Using Venom Tweaks, you can change the appearance of:

• Statusbar icons
  • EQS icons
  • Battery icons
  • Sense icons
  • Notification shade background
  • App drawer background

These elements are all independent and can be changed to suit your tastes. So, you can use icons from different icon sets to mix and match your own personal theme.

But that's not all. Take a closer look at the screens where you choose statusbar themes and iconsets. You'll notice that each supported statusbar icon can be changed independently. So you like wifi icon from theme A, but battery from theme B? No problem, download both and mix it up as much as you want. You're only limited by what's available in the Hub.

And if there's some icons you want that aren't in the Hub? That's what the Venom kitchen is for.....

Special thanks to:

• mwr666 - for the default Venom red statusbar and Sense icon sets (most themes in the hub are based on his)
  • jotha - for the original battery mods
  • jerrytan93 for his statusbar themes

Thanks for getting us started guys :)

17.png
15.png
16.png

As if the ROM wasn't customisable enough, the ROM devs have also developed the Venom theme kitchen.

Really want some statusbar icons that aren't in the Hub. Or got a great idea for a set of Sense icons? Why not make it yourself and share it with others via the Venom Hub?!

We've put some themes in the Hub to get you started, but the aim is to fill it with user generated content. We've tried to make the tutorial as easy as possible, but if you have any questions, here's the place to ask.

Post your completed themes here, with a screenshot. If the theme looks nice we will add it with credits to the venom hub, so all users can download it from there!

One thing we ask though - ideally you'd be using icons you've created yourself. If you are going to use someone's else icons, please ask them for their permission first. We all spend a lot of our free time making these, and it's really annoying to see your work ripped off by someone else! I'm sure you'd all agree. If you used icons from the UOT kitchen, then say so.

Happy theming!​

Attachments

• UOT_Battery_renamer.rar
    19.2 KB · Views: 921
  • VenomActivityFinder.apk
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,249
  • kitchenv2.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 1,696
Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Well then since it has something to do with theming, I'm gonna try in here. I am searching in the venom hub for the original green battery icon. It does not show up anywhere, it's also not showing up in the tweaks app under the batt options. Does anybody have a solution ?

TIA !

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

J

j4n87

Well then since it has something to do with theming, I'm gonna try in here. I am searching in the venom hub for the original green battery icon. It does not show up anywhere, it's also not showing up in the tweaks app under the batt options. Does anybody have a solution ?

TIA !

2012-07-02_21-44-04.png

...should be there actually.

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007

TIA !

Just checked under Themes for Statusbar in Venom Hub - 4th option is stock battery without percents. Definitely not there for you?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Here is my list. Just to let you know

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341258610238.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341258610238.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,517

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Image link broken?

Anyway, if you download this file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyg98zw3efacaaj/stock_battery.apk

and put it in sdcard/Venom?Statusbar_themes/

and then open up VenomHub again...

yes i don't know what's happening with my uploaded pictures. I'm gonna try your download now.

Thanks in advance, i hope it works.....

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Thanks it's working now. I had to install the apk file manually and then i could change the batt icon in the venom tweaks app (status - battery options - then hit the batt icon in there)

it did not show up in the venom hub btw.

ut thanks alot. it's working now !!!:good:

Reactions: fisha21

mousse04

Feb 17, 2010
Grenoble
Hi OP,

I already post something like this in the ROM thread and Jan told me to do it here :) !!!

Don't forget to develop the theme where icons are depending on the signal strengh :)!!!!!!!!

Will be a great feature :D !!!!

Thanks a lot for your hard work guys ;)

Reactions: fisha21

Top Liked Posts