(bootloader) [ERR] Command error !!!
OKAY [ 0.012s]
finished. total time: 0.012s

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yeah I agree it's worth trying, it certainly would be better than sending the device away. I'm just not very optimistic about it lol.

And thanks, it's not a huge deal to me but it is nice to be recognised for the work I put in here.

Sent from my Evita.

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
the only problem i have is i cant get anything to stick on the sdcard. Can i use that guide with an image on my computer.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
the only problem i have is i cant get anything to stick on the sdcard. Can i use that guide with an image on my computer.

Errrr. Didn't think of that. Wonder why the rbchk didn't work. Try fastboot by itself to get the whole list of commands and see if there is anything similiar . or try fastboot oem?

Edit: did you run the rbchk command from adb shell or fastboot? Should be from fastboot.

Honestly, and unfortunately, it sounds more and more like the emmc is faulty or corrupt. Its either bad or needs to be reformatted.

Sounds like whoever you got the phone from flashed something he/she shouldn't have... Perhaps for the wrong device.

Last edited:

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
Going through the phone i found that he has a 3.18 firmware. And 2 separate firmware.zips on there. The phone is s-on and super cid. So knows he was trying to do.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Going through the phone i found that he has a 3.18 firmware. And 2 separate firmware.zips on there. The phone is s-on and super cid. So knows he was trying to do.

You can adb push the recovery.IMG through adb shell to your phones root dir, and try my writeup from there. If that works you can manually push other imgs to try and do the same for other partitions.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
root@keith-PC:/home/build/Downloads# adb push recovery2.img /3356 KB/s (7432192 bytes in 2.162s)
root@keith-PC:/home/build/Downloads# dd if=/recovery2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
dd: opening `/recovery2.img': No such file or directory

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
root@keith-PC:/home/build/Downloads# adb push recovery2.img /3356 KB/s (7432192 bytes in 2.162s)
root@keith-PC:/home/build/Downloads# dd if=/recovery2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
dd: opening `/recovery2.img': No such file or directory

From the downloads directory type ls. Is it listed?

Looks like you didn't specify where to push the file to.

Last edited:

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
i forgot to be in shell.
# dd if=/recovery2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
14516+0 records in
14516+0 records out
7432192 bytes (7.1MB) copied, 1.491652 seconds, 4.8MB/s

but when i reboot into recovery i get hung on the same teamwin screen

and i pushed cwm

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
i forgot to be in shell.
# dd if=/recovery2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22
14516+0 records in
14516+0 records out
7432192 bytes (7.1MB) copied, 1.491652 seconds, 4.8MB/s

but when i reboot into recovery i get hung on the same teamwin screen

and i pushed cwm

Did you fastboot erase recovery first? Try the new 2.6.3 TWRP from jr

Also from shell, type cat /proc/emmc

What does it show? Please copy paste that here.

Last edited:

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
Yea sorry. I fell asleep really early. Yes I erased recovery first.. And if I cat process/emmc it has the same list as your guide. The only reason I was pushing cwm was because it was different that the corrupt one on there. So I would know if it changed.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Yea sorry. I fell asleep really early. Yes I erased recovery first.. And if I cat process/emmc it has the same list as your guide. The only reason I was pushing cwm was because it was different that the corrupt one on there. So I would know if it changed.

Short of erasing and reformatting all of your partitions (basically, rebuilding your partition table; which still doesn't guarantee a fix if the emmc is bad or corrupted), sending it in seems inevitable.

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
Yea I sent it to mobile tech videos this for JTAG. The tech said that if it is an emmc chip they can try to replace, but that process for my phone is still in beta testing. And that they haven't successfully done it yet. I think. It's just there way of saying they have never done it on my phone. I'll reply back when they tell my what's going on. Thank you again for all you time and help.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Yea I sent it to mobile tech videos this for JTAG. The tech said that if it is an emmc chip they can try to replace, but that process for my phone is still in beta testing. And that they haven't successfully done it yet. I think. It's just there way of saying they have never done it on my phone. I'll reply back when they tell my what's going on. Thank you again for all you time and help.

Just use the thanks button... that's what it's there for! And you're welcome. Sorry we couldn't "cheaply" resolve your issue. If it comes back as irrepairable I may be interseted in it, for experimental purposes. I've been learning about partitioning these little guys but am too yella to try on my own device!

Reactions: keithman2567

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
It's OK I only paid 50 for it plus 50 for the JTAG. I'm just happy to finally get a device with a fully functional cm running on it.

keithman2567

Aug 2, 2013
Just an update. I got a call from mobile tech videos today. They said that after the JTAG they where still unable to write to the phone and the only option is to replace the whole logic board. Which im prob going to do.

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Just an update. I got a call from mobile tech videos today. They said that after the JTAG they where still unable to write to the phone and the only option is to replace the whole logic board. Which im prob going to do.

Wow, that sucks. Someone really did a number on that device. They probably screwed up the firmware update you said was on the sdcard. Flashing firmware can be dangerous done carelessly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just use the thanks button... that's what it's there for! And you're welcome. Sorry we couldn't "cheaply" resolve your issue. If it comes back as irrepairable I may be interseted in it, for experimental purposes. I've been learning about partitioning these little guys but am too yella to try on my own device!