[Q] L9 P765 - Rooting and Bootloader questions

Search This thread

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
Hi Guys. I will be rooting the Indian Variant of L9 which is P765. I have few questions as to confirm them again.

1. By unlocking the bootloader, there is no way to relock it again? So I will permanently loose the warranty?

2. If I use this method for rooting - which is root with locked bootloader, then I will not be able to try CM 10 or 11 builds?

3. To have CWM in JB with locked bootloader, we need to try the method in this thread, but I am not sure as to what actually needs to be done here. Can anyone give a step by step method?

Clarifying this will be greatly appreciated. I have read the guides from cmahendra in the general section, however just a few questions and confirmations as above.

Thank you.

gdjindal

Hi Guys. I will be rooting the Indian Variant of L9 which is P765. I have few questions as to confirm them again.

1. By unlocking the bootloader, there is no way to relock it again? So I will permanently loose the warranty?

2. If I use this method for rooting - which is root with locked bootloader, then I will not be able to try CM 10 or 11 builds?

3. To have CWM in JB with locked bootloader, we need to try the method in this thread, but I am not sure as to what actually needs to be done here. Can anyone give a step by step method?

Clarifying this will be greatly appreciated. I have read the guides from cmahendra in the general section, however just a few questions and confirmations as above.

Thank you.

Hello Harsha,

1. As per my knowledge there is no any known method to relock bootloader. That means yes, once bootloader unlocked, you will permanently loose warranty.

2. This is the easiest and safest method to root L9. click here

3. Use this tool to install CWM without unkocking bootloader. click here

for any other detail message me here

Reactions: Harsha Raj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you.

Hello Harsha,

1. As per my knowledge there is no any known method to relock bootloader. That means yes, once bootloader unlocked, you will permanently loose warranty.

2. This is the easiest and safest method to root L9. click here

3. Use this tool to install CWM without unkocking bootloader. click here

for any other detail message me here