14.2.A.1.136 changes, bugs and experience with the new build.

Search This thread

ashouhdy

Aug 22, 2009
Alexandria
My wife s3 is still on 4.2.2 my tablet Note 10.1 is still on 4.1.2 both are global versions stock unrooted. The only updated old device is the Note2 got the 4.3 before my Z1 ...

One thing ... I cant tell a difference between android 4.1 4.2 4.3 ... I mean honestly what did you people noticed new in Z1 (android system ) from 4.2 to 4.3 am saying android not Sony Ui

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Reactions: albertobom

akusokuzan

Dec 2, 2009
So I flashed the baseband back to the baseband on 290 and all the data connectivity problems have been solved

TheManGer

Apr 15, 2012
Aschaffenburg
New Firmware available ota in Germany.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392132265985.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392132265985.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 362
Reactions: Danimaniaco

AndroidDan

Nov 11, 2012
Wellingborough
So from what ive gathrred if we update via pc should be fine if flash firmware it will be buggy and aame with ota

Can anyone confirm?
Would like to know before the UK gets the update at the end of the month.. -.- as we always near last...

Vengeance66

Dec 7, 2012
Tetovo
rainbowenter.com
Don't flash other firmware. I always end up getting bugs and bugs.

The update thru PCC or OTA is the right for you.

I'm not experiencing bugs with the regular updates thru PCC as others do.

Thanks!

nikola1970

Feb 22, 2012
Im very happy with .290 so far, battery life is awesome, i don't have yellow hue screen and everything works flawlessly.

So after all your experiences, should i update my phone to .136 or whait for 4.4? I even got an OTA now. I see some guys are reporting that battery was better in .290 and some other bugs in .136?

djg269

Sep 19, 2009
Netherlands
Updatet thru PCC and bleutooth is fine and quicklaunch camerabutton as well. Just hold and camera starts.

Verstuurd van mijn C6903 met Tapatalk

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
Got this patch yesterday and my phone is back to doing random reboots again. FFS! I thought that this was a problem that went away months ago, so thanks a lot Sony.

I only just forgot how annoying it was to be doing something on the phone, only to have it pause for a bit - vibrate - and then restart.

And, to think, when I read about other problems last night I was thinking 'seems fine to me'. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Upgraded using Sony PCC yesterday, and must say that I like the new build very good. My phone is totally stock, unrooted, non branded version.

Overall the speed of the phone is a lot better. Especially in Hangouts and the launcher. No more waiting for two seconds after pressing the "home" button for icons to show.

Also battery is drastically better for me. Two hours screen time, an hour of talking, everything on sync as normal and still 70 % battery after 12 hours... Pretty impressive.

Still have black screen in Chrome on multitask, though. Annoying

Anyone else have experiences or bugs to share? I will try to sum it all up in this first post, making it easier to get an overview. I will mark the info I have been able to confirm with green color.

Changelog (Sourced from Xperiablog)

•Display personalisation, including ability to alter White Balance
    •Clearer music streaming using Bluetooth devices
    •Optimised Wi-Fi performance & stability
    •Enhanced Email experience
    •Contacts, Messaging and Small apps improvements

Changes
    * White balance settings added under display

Differences reported by users
    * Lower volume
    * Vibration weaker
    * Better network reception
    * Screen slower to turn on when blanked by proximity sensor in a call.

Bugs
    * Text layout problems when installing apk
    * Association problems with Wi-Fi

Application bugs
    * Black screen in Chrome when multitasking
    * Problems with microphone in Whatsapp

The memory leak issue is still there :(

Sent from my C6902 using Tapatalk

+1
    i can confirm that!. the memory leak is a pain in the....!!!
    I'm planning to root my Z1, and stay in .290 with the japanese White Balance but, is it really that different? I'm on .136 and the WB doesn't work just by opening it, the sliders alter the screen very slightly and it makes the display dimmer, instead of brighter, as other have said.

Will report tomorrow :)

The yellow hue on my Z1 with the .136 is horrible when compared to .290 or older (even without WB). Even if i can manage to reduce it a bit with very high blue values in WB (starting at 100), i till can see clearly the yellowish screen. In addition i found the system to lag a lot in .136.

I downgraded to .290 and sticking to it, as i see from what the folks are reporting (lower sound volume, broken sound enhancement, lower picture quality in dark areas, lag in the sensors BUT battery improvement) for me its not worth the upgrade for now and i'm very happy with the .290.
    Stop trolling and sell your phones ... Yea the little java game 340kb lag and chrome lag for 20sec. Looll

with the updated firmware it seems that the sound enhancements are not working anymore..using Spotify and other music apps none of the effects work no matter it's on earphone/speaker, same after factory resets, anyone having the same problem? thanks

Yeap, I have the exact same problem, the sound quality is not at all what it should be now. I hope one of our smart devs in this community comes up with an answer because this really sucks! :(

EDIT: Hmmm, sound enhancements seem to be working in Walkman only. Very strange indeed...