Xperia Z1 Compact in the Philippines

Search This thread

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
Finally 4.4.4 showed up in pc companion. But after ng download when in thr process of updating, pc companion turns off the phone but thats it. Does not progress anymore.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
When you root with locked bootloader will you still get ota updates? Will you still be able to receive updated via. PC companion or SUS?

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
thanks, i'll give a root a go. don't really like any of the ROMS yet.but i wanted to keep the ability to be able to do updates.

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
damn i've been trying for two hours to get all the notes in the easy root method, i've done everything said in that forum but i'm just stuck at the screen "waiting for device"

frustrating.

BarbasanAB

Apr 1, 2014
Use Munjeni's newroot....

Unfortunately, he deleted all his thread... Easyroot dint work for me too...

Last edited:

BarbasanAB

Apr 1, 2014
Is it as easy as easyroot?

Sent from my SM-T231 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Easier for me.. at easyroot, i never got over that TR download thingy,,,

Am currently on 108 -RU, deodexed, with Rajeev's black UI, Dual Recovery v2.7.32, SuperSU 2.0..Xposed... All working very well...

Last edited:

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
Easier for me.. at easyroot, i never got over that TR download thingy,,,

Am currently on 108 -RU, deodexed, with Rajeev's black UI, Dual Recovery v2.7.32, SuperSU 2.0..Xposed... All working very well...

Hmmm why did he remove his posts?

Im only after root and not planning on installing custom rom. Not until devs get the tap to wake to work

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Hmm.. anyone getting "Could not verify" error when downloading 14.4.A.0.108? Currently on 4.4.2 on Smart LTE. Naka-ilang beses na ako mag-download ayaw pa rin. Btw, naka-root pala Xperia Z1C using Easy Root Tool from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2784900&highlight=md5sum.

Good for you it worked ( easy root)

demianb

Jul 8, 2014
I downloaded the tr.apk that matched the package. If anyone needs it i can post it online.

BarbasanAB

Apr 1, 2014
Am not sure of the reason(s) why he deleted his threads.
It's head banging that others can work with easyroot while I cannot...
I have the files of munjeni but am not sure if it is allowed to share it here...
Even the installer of dualrecovery by NUT does not work with mine so I flash the flashable zip after I get rooted with munjeni's newroot.
Am also on Multi-boot. This is where I test other ROMs

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
finally! i've rooted my phone.

also installed superSU.. how do i check if binary are updated fine? i tried the one in the market but read it was not working so i downloaded from the link in the easy root thread.

another question, if i install recovery will i still receive OTA updates? i am not planning on installing any custom roms.. just root and maybe recovery (if it still allows me to install the updates via OTA or PCC

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
Also how do I check if supersu was able to update binary? What is it for (binaru)

baste07

Jun 22, 2009
Manila
Another inquiry. If I install busy box will that prevent me getting official updates?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No OTA yet but I got the upgrade from Sony Bridge for Mac :) Got my z1 compact from Sony Centre

v4o2om.png
    When you root with locked bootloader will you still get ota updates? Will you still be able to receive updated via. PC companion or SUS?

Yes you would get updates. I'm rooted now, though i'm unlocked BL. guess it's the same for locked also.