[ROM] DamageControl v2.09.01 | Final Sprint RUU, Deodexed | Final Hero build

Search This thread

doojer

Nov 13, 2009
Yes I use the proximity sensor because I had the same issues you are describing. The only thing that sucks about it is at night it turns on because it thinks it is close to your face but the back button takes it back to the dialpad.

Make sure you change the dropdown to CDMA Hero.
But, what I'm saying is it doesn't work. At all. Is my hardware broken?

okcppcnut

Sep 13, 2008
You misread what I was saying. I was making a case for apps2sd. Whether there is a NEED to move dalvik to SD, I'm not sure. I just know that before I did, whenever I'd install an app my available internal AND SD storage would decrease at the same rate.

I am having the same issue. I'm sure apps2sd is working because when I format the partition I lose my apps. But when I install apps both internal and SD memory decrease.

kanyewest

Jun 12, 2009
the alarm clock came on this morning but didnt want to turn off no matter what, i had to turn the phone off, then on. that worked!!
has anyone had this same issue?

oohoy

Jan 6, 2010
how do you set the contact sync to specific google contacts instead of all ? there used to be a setting on rom 1.5 to set that, but i couldnt find it on rom 2.1

thanks

rswheaton

Dec 21, 2009
Potomac Falls, VA

I used the DC Updater to flash from 2.06 to 2.07 and everything worked perfectly! Great job Damage!!! But now when I go into the updater I do not see 2.07.2 only 2.07 any idea why?

jzmjr

Feb 23, 2010
I seem to be having problems with the weather desktop screensavers that appear. They seem to not have any images

rejectedkid

Nov 18, 2009
Corpus Christi
Yes I always do a (Factory/Dalvik/SD:Ext) when installing a new rom just a precaution to avoid any hiccups. I do some times also get serious lag when trying to answer a call. Strange..

rejectedkid

Nov 18, 2009
Corpus Christi
Did you wipe? I had a similar issue doing a no-wipe upgrade from 2.0.6 to 2.7.2. I wiped everything (Factory/Dalvik/SD:Ext) and reflashed. Took the phone off the charger at 7am and as of right now it's at 50%. I check facebook, get instant e-mail sync from gmail and exchange, did some phone calls (totaling 25 minutes) and some MMS.

Yes I always do a (Factory/Dalvik/SD:Ext) when installing a new rom just a precaution to avoid any hiccups. I do some times also get serious lag when trying to answer a call. Strange..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    damageless, congrats! hope you enjoying your wedding. the day goes by fast, try to take it all in and enjoy it. thanks for your work on the ROMs, i'm sure it's less-than-rewarding at times with all the attention. :)

question for anyone who can field it- 2.08 was my first encounter (just got a hero, my first android device). i upgraded to 2.08.1 with DCUpdater. should I also be able to upgrade to 2.09 with it? 'check for updates' doesn't show anything yet. if it just hasn't been updated (the 'repo' or what have you) np, just wondering if i can wait til it is or if i need to grab the zip and such.

thanks again damageless!
    I'd imagine it's theoretically possible, though I suspect the devs are missing some source code they need to make it all work together.

Like smstutler, I'm interested to see what happens when the devs finally get their hands on the source for the new kernel and can start applying some overclocking to it.

I expect the next month or two will see some nice improvements, just in time for everybody to jump ship and get an EVO. ;)

Yeah, ill be sticking around. I wanna give the EVO some time on the market first. Plus the hero is doing great and I've enjoyed learning all I have on it. Give the evo a few months, some dev work, and I'll jump ship. But for now, everything being worked on for the hero is great.

I'm gonna just test JIT out for myself, guess thats the best way to tell. I'm just a sucker for expresso.
    :)

If you guys think tonights update is good just wait. Its only been a week damage and i have been working together and already have a decent roadmap built for next version or two.

Yup. You guys have no idea what is awaiting you ahead.

Be excited.
    Hang tight guys, looks like Damageless has his mits on the sprint final release rom and is planning a release that is update-able from dcupdate for later tonight.:D:D:D:D:D
    i cant figure out to install this rom... it keep having errors

The dev dumped this rom long ago and has since dumped his evo rom.
    Find another rom.