[ROM] PureKat | Android 4.4 KitKat | More Than A Rom

Search This thread

ekre

Sep 23, 2009
facebook client just exits after login (widget is working, the main window just close). i checked-in in aroma like chrome and google+, but reinstall it from play store doesnt help, its exit after login.

i really love this rom, its super fast! :)

Last edited:

Nuke79

Jul 9, 2008
thanks & nice work
in addition to what already reported:
- bluetooth does not work: when i try to activate it self switches off after few seconds.
- google chrome autoclose on start

Reactions: marcomarinho

ekre

Sep 23, 2009
screen orientation seems to be bugged, screen rotation works only with keyboard.

BIade

Apr 11, 2013
Cologne
Hey, some improvements:
- include the removal of GoogleHome-Launcher (in \system\priv-app) and perhaps include some Launchers like Apex :)
- Possibility to set lcd_density in Aroma (If you want I can give you a script for that)

- More remove-possibilies:
- CMUpdater
- CalendarGoogle
- CMAccount
- Exchange2
- LockClock
- PicoTTS [in system\apps and CyanKat\TTS]
- SoundRecorder
- SpeechRecorder
- Stk
- VoicePlus
- WAPPushManager
- WhisperPush

- For the LatinIME: You could include the original LatinIME (with all lang), but then include a script which removes unselected languages after [and a "select language" tab in aroma]

Optional:
- Some Splash screens
- Some Bootanimations
- Perhaps let the user choose between GoogleCamera(nexus) and original (Much less used space). [Same for gallery]

Cheers
Blade

Most important:
Did you fix the G-Sensor? :)

Last edited:

Nikishek

May 24, 2007
For me
- first boot, AOSP keyboard constantly crashes, ClearAudio+ crashes once, so I cant connect to my wifi or write anything. Launcher missing. Volume, home, back and menu buttons not working, screen orientation and hw keyboard too. I can access only to setting menu
- tried 2nd boot and restart - settings app constantly crashes, keyboard too
- 3rd boot and restart - bootloop, still bootloop after 15 min.
- 4th boot and restart - bootloop - the end

Maybe I do something wrong. I did full wipe and format sd card too. I guess nothing to do more. Can someone tells me if I did something wrong? I'm a beginner.

Last edited:

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
For me
- first boot, AOSP keyboard constantly crashes, Clear Sound crashes once, so I cant connect to my wifi or write anything. Launcher missing, home, back and menu button not working, screen orientation too. I can access only to setting menu
- tried 2nd boot and restart - settings app constantly crashes, keyboard too
- 3rd boot and restart - bootloop, still bootloop after 15 min.
- 4th boot and restart - bootloop - the end

Maybe I do something wrong. I did full wipe and format sd card too. I guess nothing to do more. Can someone tells me if I did something wrong? I'm beginner.

Very strange. You don't need to wipe anything, only choose full wipe on aroma installer (won't format sd-card). I tested and this doesn't happens with me :confused:
Try to install it again :highfive:

Hey, some improvements:
- include the removal of GoogleHome-Launcher (in \system\priv-app) and perhaps include some Launchers like Apex :)
- Possibility to set lcd_density in Aroma (If you want I can give you a script for that)

- CMUpdater
- CalendarGoogle
- CMAccount
- Exchange2
- LockClock
- SoundRecorder
- SpeechRecorder
- Stk
- VoicePlus
- WAPPushManager
- WhisperPush

- For the LatinIME: You could include the original LatinIME (with all lang), but then include a script which removes unselected languages after [and a "select language" tab in aroma]

Optional:
- Some Splash screens
- Some Bootanimations
- Perhaps let the user choose between GoogleCamera(nexus) and original (Much less used space). [Same for gallery]

Cheers
Blade

Most important:
Awesome bro ;) Thnks for this amazing suggestions :good: I will try to fix the G-Sensor. I will inclue this in next version :highfive:
@_MarcoMarinho_: Brutal awesome work ... will install this ROM in a few minutes ;)

Wanna integrate this ?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1916098

Mother of All AD-BLOCKING (12 December 2013) BLOCKS Malware Spyware Bloatware

Thx to ALL developers for the awesome KitKat releases and all the great other work :)
I will inclue this on the next version. Thnks for the suggestion :highfive:

Reactions: BIade and D3V!Lc0r3

Nikishek

May 24, 2007
Very strange. You don't need to wipe anything, only choose full wipe on aroma installer (won't format sd-card). I tested and this doesn't happens with me :confused:
Try to install it again :highfive:

Tried reinstall and seems better. I switched to english keyboard (very important) and FC is gone, HW keyboard, volume, home, menu and back buttons working. Please fix this keyboard problem :)
Anyway thanks for excellent work and good luck with future development! :good: :good: :good:

Please for any more options to wake up device with more buttons or screen on/off animation. :)

Could anyone tell me how to get to Market (Google Play) without functional launcher?
EDIT: Resolved - Market accessed through slider shortcuts.
EDIT2: Maybe launcher isn't functional without installed Google Search?

Last edited:

D3V!Lc0r3

Mar 3, 2011
@_MarcoMarinho_: I've looked into the ROM package and must say ... to intergrate AC!D is not a good idea :(

I'm one of the devs who ported ROMs for the Huawei U8600 (Move Balance) and I remember there are to many
problems after inserting AC!D, etc into the package.

We've tested this in some constellations and after removing and new flashing everything is working fine ...

All people who wanna have this are able to flashing AC!D universal audio package over CWM or 4EXT recovery.

marcomarinho

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
@_MarcoMarinho_: I've looked into the ROM package and must say ... to intergrate AC!D is not a good idea :(

I'm one of the devs who ported ROMs for the Huawei U8600 (Move Balance) and I remember there are to many
problems after inserting AC!D, etc into the package.

We've tested this in some constellations and after removing and new flashing everything is working fine ...

All people who wanna have this are able to flashing AC!D universal audio package over CWM or 4EXT recovery.

Thnks :good: The version that I inclued is the AC!D 8.2 no problems at the moment. On the thread the users didn't notice any bugs :) I will kept it, but if users find some bugs I will remove it :highfive:

Thanks & Regards,
Marco Marinho

marcomarinho

Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Hey, some improvements:

- CMUpdater
- CalendarGoogle
- CMAccount
- Exchange2
- LockClock
- SoundRecorder
- SpeechRecorder
- Stk
- VoicePlus
- WAPPushManager
- WhisperPush

Optional:
- Some Splash screens
- Some Bootanimations

Cheers
Blade

Most important:
Can you give me the script for the lcd_density please? :highfive:

Thanks & Regards,
Marco Marinho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PUREKAT ROM

XDA:DevDB Information
    PureKat, ROM for the HTC Desire Z

Contributors
    _MarcoMarinho_, stopa46, PartimusPrime, blaz1nr
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 4.0-BETA1
    Beta Release Date: 2014-09-18

Created 2014-06-22
    Last Updated 2014-10-12
    // ETA RULES

There is an epic list about ETA rules you should read

• If he hasn't uploaded it yet, it means it's not ready to be uploaded
    • If he has uploaded it, then he's uploaded it
    • If he says he's going to upload it, if he hasn't uploaded it before then, then of course he hasn't uploaded it yet
    • If you ask him when it'll be uploaded, he'll tell you either the same time or a later time. NEVER earlier
    • read that again. He will NEVER upload it earlier if you ask him. Asking him when it will be uploaded does not make it arrive earlier
    • If it is uploaded earlier than he says, it's not because you asked him. Because he will upload it when it's ready which will not be just because you asked
    • who actually cares when it will be ready? He has given screenshots of it being compiled and screenshots of it running. It works. He won't forget.
    • It's a ROM for your phone, worry about other things
    • If you ask for ETAs, his upload speed will not magically increase
    • If you know when it'll be uploaded, how does this actually benefit you?
    • Read a book
    • Listen to some music
    • enjoy the ROM you've got
    • stop asking for ETAs
    • If he uploads it tonight then it'll be uploaded. If he doesn't then it won't
    • If he says no then it won't be. If he says yes then it will be the same as whatever ETA he gave before
    • Learn to code or something
    • Please stop asking for ETAs
    • aww man I've been forced to write a non development related post in a dev thread because ETA requests annoy me so much
    • aww man I forgot when development work was actually discussed in dev threads because of all the ETA requests
    // CREDITS
    NO SPECIFIC ORDER!

// DONATORS
    NO SPECIFIC ORDER!
    THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL DONATORS FOR THEIR SUPPORT. THIS MEANS SO MUCH FOR ME :D

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE DONATED AND AREN'T MENTIONED ON THIS LIST, PLEASE PM ME

If you want go get some performance boost, see this (thanks so much to @JakeG1984)

// DOWNLOADS

// MIRROR DOWNLOAS

Thanks to @a.s.j