Upgrade RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jmaiman

Dec 24, 2011
There are ways of maximizing your'e phones ram by removing bloatware, flashing low memory usage roms etc. but as far as physically upgrading the devices ram would involve taking apart the internals of the phone and replacing parts which in all honesty would probably brick your phone

Gvaz

Aug 2, 2012
Leeds, ME
It would be cool if phones could be constructed much like prebuilt computers today, since the small design kind of rules out anyone modding it normally like that.

SPBoss

Apr 30, 2012
It would be cool if phones could be constructed much like prebuilt computers today, since the small design kind of rules out anyone modding it normally like that.

A modular design is pretty much impossible in such a slimline phone

Galaxy SII i9100 running Resurrection Remix Rom with Siyah Kernel!

sfmking

Jul 30, 2012
There are ways of maximizing your'e phones ram by removing bloatware, flashing low memory usage roms etc. but as far as physically upgrading the devices ram would involve taking apart the internals of the phone and replacing parts which in all honesty would probably brick your phone

can I upgrade my desire hd ram safily

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

xhazk

Oct 27, 2011
can I upgrade my desire hd ram safily

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

No.

-------------------------------------------------
Atrix 4G
Rom: Cyanogenmod 7.2 [20120805]
Recov: Romracer 5.0.2.7-atrix5
Radio: N_01.97.00R
Kernel: Faux 1.00ghz-026b1
UV: -0/-25/-50/-100/-150/-225/-300

Last edited:

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
Well My s3 Is capable of holding 2gb as the korean version has exactly same specs except for LTE and an extra 1gb of ram, SO if some technician out there is capable of doing it I would be willing to pay $300 for that extra gigb. Serious!

Aug 28, 2012
it'd take really high end equipment, and it would be nearly impossible to do by yourself, what i would recommend is to upgrade your phone that has more ram. Such as the galaxy s3

sommo89

Sep 7, 2012
would be nice but not for the specific chipset and because the ram is soldered to the PCB

ross231

Jan 24, 2012
i doubt it, do you know how much RAM is compatible with your motherboard? + the ram is soldered, so this is impossible.

S

snowman77

I highly doubt you could add ram because it is soldiered in and would be difficult to remove and replace but i love if someone proved me wrong :p

lenhkp

Sep 16, 2012
shillong
If you wanted a bigger ram, you should have considered of before buying it.
And Good Luck with your project ...just hope you widen up before your phone is spoiled

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seeing as how the RAM modules built into the phone mother board are BGAs (ball grid arrays) it is nearly impossible to replace them without highly specialized equiptment like a FineTech BGA rework machine and the proper heat profiles for the given parts. That said you are more than welcome to try some methods that are not proven but seem very funny to me. I believe there is a youtube video of a man desoldering a BGA using an oven.

Needless to say of you dont like the amount of RAM your device has you may just have to wait until you can get another device.

all smartphone devices have x amount of ram. say if you have 1gb ram in your phone you might only be able to use 868mb of it . it is becous your phone uses 128 mb for your gpu. it is plausible to make some of your gpu ram available as regular ram and that is done with an kernel mod. for my phone(lg optimus) 2x it is called a ram hack. it always comes with some faults depending on how much you take from the gpu. i have a 32mb shared ram hack so i cant reboot just have to turn the phone on and off
    its possible but it will cost you more money.

Dont listen to that guy :))
    Its not and it will not be possbile for example Galaxy S2 has 1Gb of ram , everyting is on a chip , thats why they call it Soc 'sistem on chip ' so everything is there the cpu , gpu , ram , controllers etc ...
    Its a chip , u can not do anything with it , so stop asking stupid qustions about upgrading ram in phone .
    Hello! Is it possible to replace and upgrade your phone's RAM and solder aftermarket RAM in it?

Thanks!

ps. Sorry for bad English