[App]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread
I also was able to make a purchase by tapping my phone at Babys-R-Us...

I can't believe how high-tech they are. Their payment stations show support for Google Wallet, Iris (booo), and PayPal. Tap & Pay worked great. The kid behind the register still gave me a weird look when I used my phone. Why don't people in retail know and accept this form of payment yet?

jae.farah

Aug 4, 2008
United States
First Brick Ever.. I've Been Flashing and Roming and Rooting Since Android Came out. and Now Something as Silly as This Bricked My T-Mo SIII... Shoulda Backed Up ... Make Sure You Do.. Cause Apparently I'm Not The Only One That Has a Brick.

skim7x

Aug 15, 2010
My Experience

I had kind of a weird experience, but wanted to share it for those searching.

Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T
Rooted
CM 10.1.3-RC2-d2att

Downloaded BusyBox from Playstore and "Updated" to what seemed to be an older version of what was installed on my S3... but I figured I'd just update since it told me to.
Installed Google Wallet Installer V3
Bootloop.

Restored Nandroid Backup that I had made earlier.
Everything working as usual.

Installed Google Wallet Installer V3 (WITHOUT installing BusyBox)
Phone reboots just fine
No Google Wallet app seen.
Phone Info shows "Galaxy Nexus" as phone

Went to PlayStore and installed Google Wallet from Play Store
Google Wallet has Tap to Pay capability!
Opened Google Wallet Installer V3 and restored build prop
Phone restarts
Google Wallet maintains Tap-to-pay functionality
Phone Info shows SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 again, which is the correct model number.

:victory:

fastco

Apr 27, 2008
Toledo
I also was able to make a purchase by tapping my phone at Babys-R-Us...

I can't believe how high-tech they are. Their payment stations show support for Google Wallet, Iris (booo), and PayPal. Tap & Pay worked great. The kid behind the register still gave me a weird look when I used my phone. Why don't people in retail know and accept this form of payment yet?

Lol, I get that every time I use Wallet.. "Wow that's the first time I ever saw that!"

slayer8366

Sep 12, 2013
This works prefect, thanks for simplifying a once painful process!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
we'll have to see how this pans out, but what i did was a lot like skim7x, based on his findings.

i installed the wallet installer v3. picked aosp and vzw. (i'm on pac-man ROM 4.3, some nightly from october.)
phone rebooted
i installed wallet from the play store. turned on NFC and the phone said ready to tap and pay.
i then did the 'restore build prop'
phone rebooted
reopen wallet, and it says 'ready to tap and pay'.

haven't tried it yet, but i'm looking forward to giving it a whirl.

dakuda

Dec 1, 2013
I have a VZW S3. After running this app, in 'About Phone' it says Galaxy Nexus but I cannot get the tap-to-pay to show up at all.
I had to install the Wallet app from the Play Store.

Any suggestions??

TheKid1

Mar 29, 2011
Am i missing something or is my google wallet working fine. I installed google wallet and added a couple of cards. I havent tried to tap and pay yet because i read here that it doesnt work. I looked for wallet installer on the playstore but its not there. Is there a new way to get google wallet working?

FreydNot

Jun 21, 2010
Seattle
Didn't work for me. After setting up tap to pay it says the tap to pay setup failed.

T-mobile T999 phone running rooted 4.3

I'm guessing you aren't providing the necessary NFC drivers from the sprint build for 4.3? I tried the old sprint drivers from 4.1.2 but they FC all over the pace and generally crash NFC (but tap to pay did work).

EDIT: Followed this instructions on this thread and I've got tap to pay working on 4.3!

Last edited:

ChadRT

Dec 29, 2013
A nice paper weight? :)

Although I am sure it would be a nice looking paperweight I would prefer to have it a phone again :) If someone could point me in the right direction that would be super helpful. I had a rooted VZW GS3 and when I tried to install Wallet it went to a black screen and stayed that way for over an hour. I did a battery pull and then tried to enter the wipe menu and it presented with a screen that says "System software not authorized by VZW... bla bla bla take it into a vzw store."

If anyone can make my phone whole again that would be great. I am pretty good at following directions but this has me stumped.

edit: I just tried to do a reset again and it tries to boot and shows the Samsung with an "Unlocked" symbol and the word Custom hope that helps, I have never seen that before.

Last edited:

draexo

This has not worked since JULY on my rooted Verizon S3. I actually downgraded to a rooted Touch wiz rom on 4.1.2 and no luck. Just doesn't work anymore.

Sent from my Lovely S3!! via Tap Talk

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Although I am sure it would be a nice looking paperweight I would prefer to have it a phone again :) If someone could point me in the right direction that would be super helpful. I had a rooted VZW GS3 and when I tried to install Wallet it went to a black screen and stayed that way for over an hour. I did a battery pull and then tried to enter the wipe menu and it presented with a screen that says "System software not authorized by VZW... bla bla bla take it into a vzw store."

If anyone can make my phone whole again that would be great. I am pretty good at following directions but this has me stumped.

edit: I just tried to do a reset again and it tries to boot and shows the Samsung with an "Unlocked" symbol and the word Custom hope that helps, I have never seen that before.

Did you take the OTA by mistake? ?

You might try to Odin back. I saw this somewhere else honestly do not recall if the person actually had to take the phone to Verizon or if they were able to fix it with Odin.

Sent from my Lovely S3!! via Tap Talk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

Original Thread: Here

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    As a thought, maybe I should make it open source and allow people to contribute to other devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Will this be updated to the new version of wallet released today?

Eventually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    you guys seriously need to learn how to read through threads. after about 10 minutes of reading the first few posts i found out why my phone soft bricked and how to fix it without asking. chances are that if you encountered a problem, 10 people already posted about how to rectify it in the first few pages. the lesson? READ
    Wallet Installer was pulled from the market by Google tonight, so it will be made available to all supported carrier models tonight for free on XDA. I can't say that I didn't see this coming.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium