Screen Rotation Portrait to Landscape XDAII with PPC2003SE

Search This thread

Conor

Jan 5, 2004
Hi!
I just installed the new updated ROM from o2.ie. (1.72.00WWE) All works fine but I can't work out how to toggle to landscape view! Been round the block a good bit but can't find a button for this!

Can anyone there help? Thanks!!

Conor

dantoc

Sep 28, 2004
Go to setting/system/Screen can choose landscape
You can download RoteteScreen. cab at this forum to make a shotcut

Conor

Jan 5, 2004
Still can't see that button in "Screen" as you sug

Still can't see that button in "Screen" as you suggest.

I'd prefer not to install a CAB if possibile as I thought that screen rotation formed part of this second edition of PPC2003.

Am I wrong on that?

Thanks!

Conor

stegz

Jan 31, 2005
Hi, I don't think you have 2003SE. The latest upgrade from o2 is still 2003 (first edition). There is no official SE upgrade for the xdaII. However, I have recently upgraded using finalzero's 2003SE ROM available here and, as they say in glasgow, "it's pure minted, man". Highly recommended. Plus, I have been able to install it without the caller ID which makes the system a lot l-o-t slower. The extended ROM, by a fortuitous mistake, has to be installed manually so this can be customised.

Hope this helps.

Conor

Jan 5, 2004
You're right mate! The o2 upgrade isn't Second Edition!!

Thanks for saving me from myself!

It's taken me ages to reinstall my programs and SMS messages so I'll put up with this ROM for now.

But if someone could really recommend a good prob-free plug-in for screen rotation I'd be much obliged - thanks a lot!

Conor