[Q] Flashing CWM onto rooted SGS 4G

Search This thread

travbrack

Sep 22, 2011
Hey. So I rooted my T-Mobile SGS 4G (stock 2.2 firmware) with SuperOneClick. That was super easy, I tested it out with a few utilities and I definitely have root.

So I went into rom manager and pushed the button to flash clockwork mod. It asked me for superuser status, said it was successful, but then it boots into the stock samsung recovery. I've tried this several times and I always have the same result. I'm sorry if there's an answer on this already but I'll be damned if I could figure out how to search for it without coming up with a bunch of unrelated problems.

Thanks!

kenhere

Aug 2, 2011
Try going into clockwork and choosing boot to recovery then after that if it goes into stock recovery choose reinstall packages sometimes you have to choose reinstall twice. That's how I got mine into cwm first time

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

travbrack

Sep 22, 2011
Oh no that's the problem, I can't get clockwork to boot. No matter how many times I install it using the installer inside rom manager, the stock recovery boots up.

Exodian

Jun 28, 2011
ROM MANAGER DOES NOT WORK. USE KRYLONS CWM FINAL IN THE DEV SECTION.

kenhere

Aug 2, 2011
Yea I no, but wen u boot into it you get the stock 3e recovery and there is an option to reinstall packages

Exodian

Jun 28, 2011
You need to download krylons modified recovery.bin file and use a file explorer app to push the file to system/bin. You need to also have the file update.zip on the root of your SD card. Then you boot into stock recovery and choose reinstall packages. This will boot you into cwm.