Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
Sorry, I nearly double the post, because I don't see it until now.:eek:

@hvdwolf:)
I understand your point and feel not attacked in any way, but since the appearence of the forum police we had to be very careful and let personal stuff out of this thread. Not everybody has a compatible humor, but I like a bit fun and emotion in the posts. I promise not to do here in this thread. There are other places.:cool:

Last edited:

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
What are your settings in build prop? Below are mine (=_fun's settings)

Code:
ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.6 GRK39F 189904 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.6/GRK39F/189904:user/release-keys
The fingerprint determines how your tablet presents itself to the market: which tablet and which android version.

Can you tell us the source of this information?

Thanks in advance

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Can you tell us the source of this information?
About a year ago when I was working on rooting my first eclair rom and adding the market to it we did a lot of googling for the best fingerprint.
That's the way we found the info, both by official android sources as well as unofficial posts in forums and on wikis.

Like:
http://nookdevs.com/Honeycomb_Google_Apps_and_Market
http://chall32.blogspot.com/2010/06/android-market-fingerprints-demystified.html
http://android.modaco.com/topic/310809-chris-market-fingerprint-testing/

or in general:
http://rxwen.blogspot.com/2010/01/android-property-system.html

There are many more. Sadly enough I can't find the "official" Android developer documentation anymore describing the fingerprint. Google is now flooded with gingerbread info where it was flooded with eclair/froyo one year ago and where androids oficial DEV pages were also still highly ranked.

Whiskey103

Member Advocate Admin / Developer Committee
Staff member
Oke, guys.

1 Dont hijack other devs thread.
2 PM= Private Message, keep it this way.

I just cleaned the thread, i saw another moderator lufc also warned.
So this will be the last time, next time infractions will be in order.

Let the dev do his work, and other devs, make your own thread and don,t spam other devs, its rude.

Have a nice day.

Whiskey
Forum Moderator

Reactions: JDfense

Hitcher99

Jan 6, 2011
is there any reason not to use your stock kernel for 70b?

yes there is, we our company and i are working on an own software for this tablet.. but we are using this tablet for the hardware.. but we change everything.. like hardware usb host with 5v step-up.. and many more..

So that Archos Logo is indeed a problem for us..

So is there any way to change this kernel .. (logo in the kernel)?

Last edited:

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
yes there is, we our company and i are working on an own software for this tablet.. but we are using this tablet for the hardware.. but we change everything.. like hardware usb host with 5v step-up.. and many more..

So that Archos Logo is indeed a problem for us..

So is there any way to change this kernel .. (logo in the kernel)?

do you know where can I download official rom for 70b? there is 70c rom on archos.com, but I couldn't find rom for 70b. (both are same?)

or please send your kernel.img to me. I'll check it's possible or not.

but please understand I can' promise anything... if you are working for your business, it's not good idea to rely my "free" work ;) I think some chinese factory can make rebranded tablet with custom logo.

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
Oke, guys.

1 Dont hijack other devs thread.
2 PM= Private Message, keep it this way.

I just cleaned the thread, i saw another moderator lufc also warned.
So this will be the last time, next time infractions will be in order.

Let the dev do his work, and other devs, make your own thread and don,t spam other devs, its rude.

Have a nice day.

Whiskey
Forum Moderator
Thanks for cleaning the thread. Now it looks better and it is fair to take out all bad posts.:)

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
DaremoS, JDfense,

finally I understand your humor. everything was a joke, but it was too difficult for me. really sorry!
DaremoS proved my correctness in his post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19792588&postcount=1398 (quoted below)
thank you for your kind explanation!

My post of 2011.11.15 was removed because some person accuse me of stole his work. XDA moderators agreed with that and proceed accordingly.
BTW were removed also many post where I explain why I haven't stole anything, and that my rom is result of month of research in many forums specially Chinese forums.

Here are my proofs, sent to moderators:

2011.11.07 - I posted in this contribution my ROM contaning all the codes (and files) needed for RK2818.
Enclosed is system.img of that ROM system_dar_2011.11.07 size 92,73mb.
Pay attention that I explicitly say thanks to fun_ for his work.

2011.11.15 - Fun announced that he have include files with encoders for RK2818. Here is the addres of his Github when he do the inclusion. 8 days after my post
By that time he made this triumphant comment this his friend BirdieNL here, sending me this little advice "it seems rockchip devs didn't change API so much. it's quite simple I'm lucky" sweet.

All those files were already included in my ROM of 2011.11.07. Pay attention to files libomx_* and libopencore* in system/lib, which are more noticeable.
There are several more in other libraries.
I have upload a image of fun_ of 2011.10.02 where this encoders were no included. system_fun_2011.10.02.img size 66.81mb

What is more surprising is that say in public in this post, in the verge of tears, that I don't mind if someone uses my file. my files are free". and add I don't mind "who is number one!?". but I can't accept groundless.

Groundless like it is to go to moderators giving false proofs?
Groundless like to remove all my comments about this topic?
Today was another cleaning of comments (all mine) by moderators, while he haven´t stopped calling me thief and saying everywhere that I've stole his work.

You can judge who was first in this project. All I do 8 days before, was used by him in to reach his goal. (HQ in Youtube)

No idea what the moderators will do with me. I have been here since May this year, not having problems with anybody, except for this war that Fun_ have started against me.

While this developer have had lots of problems not only here and with me, but with others members and forums accusing everybody of stole his work. I've received all kind of insults from his side, ending with this censure of my work.

Thanks for your time

system_dar_2011.11.07.img is same as system.img in
rk28_7_gb7_mine.24.img posted at 2011.11.07 on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19130025#post19130025
it has no hw video.

actually, rk28_7_gb7.mine.28.img has hw video, which was posted at 2011.11.16 on http://www.forotablets.com/showthre...-bqCyanogenMod-7?p=19496&viewfull=1#post19496 after my hw video image was introduced at 2011.11.14 on http://www.forotablets.com/showthre...-bqCyanogenMod-7?p=19257&viewfull=1#post19257

here is system.img difference between rk28_7_gb7_mine.24.img and rk28_7_gb7.mine.28.img
- removed
Code:
system/lib/libreference-ril-rk29-mid.so
system/lib/rmsdk.ver
- added
Code:
system/app/Camera.apk
system/app/SpareParts.apk
system/app/Stk.apk
system/app/VoiceDialer.apk
system/bin/bluetoothd
system/bin/hciattach
system/bin/pand
system/etc/bluetooth
system/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
system/etc/bluetooth/auto_pairing.conf
system/etc/bluetooth/blacklist.conf
system/etc/bluetooth/input.conf
system/etc/bluetooth/main.conf
system/lib/bluez-plugin
system/lib/bluez-plugin/audio.so
system/lib/bluez-plugin/input.so
system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
system/lib/liba2dp.so
system/lib/libbluedroid.so
system/lib/libbluetooth.so
system/lib/libbluetoothd.so
system/lib/modules/bluetooth.ko
system/xbin/agent
system/xbin/attest
system/xbin/avinfo
system/xbin/avtest
system/xbin/bdaddr
system/xbin/bttest
system/xbin/hciconfig
system/xbin/hcidump
system/xbin/hcitool
system/xbin/hstest
system/xbin/l2ping
system/xbin/l2test
system/xbin/lmptest
system/xbin/rctest
system/xbin/rfcomm
system/xbin/scotest
system/xbin/sdptest
- modified
Code:
system/bin/modelid_cfg.sh
system/build.prop
system/etc/init.d/06mountdl
system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
system/framework/am.jar
system/framework/android.policy.jar
system/framework/core.jar
system/framework/core-junit.jar
system/framework/ext.jar
system/framework/monkey.jar
system/lib/libandroid_servers.so
system/lib/libaudioflinger.so
system/lib/libc_malloc_debug_leak.so
system/lib/libc.so
system/lib/liblog.so
system/lib/libmediaplayerservice.so
system/lib/libmedia.so
system/lib/libOpenSLES.so
system/lib/libstagefright_avc_common.so
system/lib/libstagefright_color_conversion.so
system/lib/libstagefright_omx.so
system/lib/libstagefright.so
system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so
system/lib/libsurfaceflinger.so
system/lib/libui.so
system/lib/libutils.so
system/lib/libwebcore.so
system/media/bootanimation.zip

many of them are not important, but some of them (e.g. non-working bluetooth, gps.default.so, and libmediaplayerservice.so) are very unique, they have sign "made by fun_".

as you know, this change is not the key(most important change) to enable hw video. these files are not used without another real key change.

--
it was too complicated trick to understand as humor! really sorry!
probably people in your threads well understand your humor, because there is no message related to "hw video enabled ROM" between 2011.11.07-2011.11.16.
I'm sorry, I didn't read your threads carefully!

then, here is some suggestion to answer your kindness explanation,

to make your humor as perfect, you should revert changes in rk28_7_gb7.mine.28.img because they have a lot of "my sign" from my new images. as you know there is another way to enable hw video, no need to use my files from my new images.

one more thing, you should not say something like "Rockchip adobe flash accelerator". someone may feel strangeness from such kind of non-existent thing in the world.

--
anyway, again, thank you great DaremoS & JDfense!
I realized humor is difficult!
I'm happy with you!

thank you for your cooperation!

Reactions: ahmetdamar

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
DaremoS,

I have to say sorry.

I should not post this message after I read your message.

at that time I couldn't understand your message like "why video accelerator doesn't work is because fun_ make it impossible" was your humor. I misunderstood that I was attacked.

now I understand your humor. yes, rockchipservice.apk is the key.

this conflict was started from my misunderstanding. really sorry.

sorry for everyone too.

geoRG77

Oct 21, 2006
DaremoS & JDfense,

maybe it is time to apologize to fun_. I hope you both understand now that ROM cooking != developing ROM, because you can put any file to the ROM, but you would never solve the dependencies between these files and the system.

What are your settings in build prop? Below are mine (=_fun's settings)

Code:
The fingerprint determines how your tablet presents itself to the market: which tablet and which android version.

My build.prop is:
Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=GRK39F
ro.build.display.id=GWK74
ro.build.version.incremental=189904
ro.build.version.sdk=10
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.3.7
ro.build.date=Fri Nov 18 01:56:34 JST 2011
ro.build.date.utc=0
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=fun
ro.build.host=ubuntu
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.model=RK2818
ro.product.brand=rockchip
ro.product.name=rk2818
ro.product.device=rk2818
ro.product.board=rk28board
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=Rockchip
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=rk2818
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=rk2818
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for rk2818
#
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m
media.stagefright.enable-record=false
persist.sys.use_dithering=0
persist.sys.use_16bpp_alpha=1
qemu.sf.lcd_density=140
ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/nand;/mnt/usb
ro.vold.switchablepair=/mnt/sdcard,/mnt/nand
wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=45

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.rommanager.developerid=cyanogenmod
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
ro.com.android.wifi-watchlist=GoogleGuest
ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
ro.modversion=CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-RK2818-KANG
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
accelerometer.flip_xy=1
accelerometer.invert_x=1
ro.sf.lcd_density = 140

#
# FAKE_MARKET
#
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310260
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=T-Mobile

ro.gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310260
ro.gsm.operator.numeric=310260
ro.gsm.sim.operator.iso-country=us
ro.gsm.operator.iso-country=us
ro.gsm.sim.operator.alpha=T-Mobile
ro.gsm.operator.alpha=T-Mobile

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
DaremoS & JDfense,

maybe it is time to apologize to fun_. I hope you both understand now that ROM cooking != developing ROM, because you can put any file to the ROM, but you would never solve the dependencies between these files and the system.

Thanks for your words fun_ & geoRG77,

First, no idea why you both wrote DaremoS & JDfense, JDfense is a nice friend which is trying to enter fully in cooking world, we have shared experiences but we aren't a team, as you and geoRG77. It would be great to have a partner like him, because he work seriously and in a good humour envinronment.

Second, no problem in apologize to fun_, I've mentioned his name every time I've posted a ROM "cook" by me, based on his work. In the worse moments of his attacks, I've always said the he is a great dev (AFAIK, the only dev here) which unfortunately spend lots of time fighting against others :). But if he is fruitful being so... no problem, except when he ask to remove my work from XDA.

You have to think guys that I've spent lots of time cooking lots of roms, to reach the goal that I was wanting "Rockchip video hardware accelerated". The base has always been, as I've said to the moderators, CM7 for RK2818 (GB.2.3.4), then is not strange that lots of lines are signed by fun_, and it will be more in my ROMs while he post untouched android stock files, signed by him. I just won't use files programmed by him, that's not a personal thing. I just want to be free to replace them with new files (now I'm working to move all to GWK74 deodexed) and other android release if it appears.

There is also another reason for this: I'm a cook, or non-dev (I like both titles) and I've never pretend to be a developer. I don't want to live again this experience after 40 years in the IS (Information System) field. Let young people do that. I can cook efficiently theirs lines (or code) when are well written, as I proved I can do, reaching at the same time with fun_ the goal desired.

I stopped using your material when the problems started with bugs difficult to solve, being the last one Black Screen Of Death after resume. This aren't in my ROM. My rom have other bugs, but not this one.

In the last stage, 2011.11.15 / 16, I simply pick some of your lines and prove if it finally get the goal... and it did it!!!.

While you were happy to get HQ Youtube, I was over-excited to get movies playing in THAT rom, but also that ROM has BSOD and was extremely unstable. I correct this in the best way it was possible, and I keep just the lines that makes a big difference (libmedia.so & libmediaplayerservice.so) and some libstagefright* that I was missing (not sure) in my ROM of 2011.11.07. That was the lines that allow us to succeed.

Until now I'm still trying to correct this of libmedia* files. I'll succeed, I'm sure of that, I just need time to work in my Laboratory. Also I need to clean this "noise" of censorship which is to feel that I can be sent out of XDA, for this accusation of stole your images. A very contradictory situation in a Open Source environment, where I've never hide that I'm working with your lines.

A couple of things before I end this long letter:
1.- NONE of the lines which are key for "RK video HW accelerated" are signed by you. I pick them from vx610a and n3net GB.2.3.1 and several other sources I study, mainly from Chinese ROMs.
2.- I've made lots of wrong guesses, during my long research, like this of HDPI and MDPI, I'm not in any way ashamed for this. I was trying all possible ways to reach the goal... and learning at the same time. Now I know that this topic which is in framework-res.apk have nothing to do with the problem.
3.- "Rockchip adobe flash accelerator". Indeed this doesn't exists. It exist "Rockchip adobe flash" which makes a difference between my ROM and your images. In a moment I think that were an important part of RVHA (Rockchip Video Hardware Accelerated"... is not!!, but adds features to my ROM. as I explained here
4.- ALSA. No idea what's the effect of ALSA in RHVA but in all Chinese ROM is present except for vx610a GB.2.3.1 which is my favourite ROM of GB.2.3.1
5.- rockchipservices.apk. This app is always present in all RK2818 ROM of any version. But is not in your images!... I presume that are in some of the .ko files you are using. Is present in mine.
BTW as you have inspect my ROM you surely I've noticed that none of this ko modules is present in there. I think that haven't been necessary in this stage, when I get into the stage of add features not covered yet like bluetooth in a dongle, I'll use it signed or not ¨) ... but you'll be mentioned.

No idea if you have been sarcastic or sincere, being Japanese I tend to think that you are sincere. Anyway I thank to both of you (fun_ & georG77) for let me explain what I've done and my intentions, cooking ROMs... specially if is in your thread the space you gave me.

And please tell the moderators that they aren't necessary anymore.

No edition whatsoever, is send as I wrote it.

fun_

Aug 20, 2010
I have to say sorry for everyone.

as you can see, I failed to keep this thread clean. I have no hope to keep this thread anymore.

so I decided to close this thread/project from this time. I'll ask moderators to close this thread asap.

thank you for your cooperation.

Whiskey103

Member Advocate Admin / Developer Committee
Staff member
I have to say sorry for everyone.

as you can see, I failed to keep this thread clean. I have no hope to keep this thread anymore.

so I decided to close this thread/project from this time. I'll ask moderators to close this thread asap.

thank you for your cooperation.

Closed per OP request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a work-in-progress development project for porting CyanogenMod 7 (gingerbread/2.3.7) and ClockworkMod Recovery 5 to RK2818/RK2918 tablets.

there is no support from any makers/vendors. you must agree all risks by installing non-supported files, it may brick your tablet, and you may lose official support/warranty.

* YOU MUST READ CAREFULLY POST#1, #2, AND #3!
    * DO NOT USE FILES FOR OTHER TABLETS! IT WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET!

* project page
    http://androtab.info/rockchip/cyanogenmod/

* RK2818 tested tablets
    mivvy MIDroid A2
    Craig CMP738A
    RAmos T11AD
    ACHO C901 PRO
    ARCHOS 7htv2
    4G Systems oneTab
    Yarvik TAB210
    ... and more!

* RK2818 current status (2011/11/18)
    not work:
    3G, HDMI, and many things which you expect to work

work:
    accelerometer, audio, gapps, hardware accelerated video, internal NAND flash, SD card, touchscreen with calibration app, USB host/device, USB GPS dongle, wlan

* RK2918 tested tablets
    Yuandao N50DT

* RK2918 current status (2011/11/26)
    not work:
    3G, bluetooth, camera, hardware accelerated video, HDMI, and many things which you expect to work
    work:
    3D, accelerometer, audio, gapps, internal NAND flash, SD card, touchscreen, USB host/device, vibrator, wlan

* changelog
    refer git log

* resources
    http://www.cyanogenmod.com/ (What is CyanogenMod?)
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version#Google_Apps (Google Apps)
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Building_from_source
    http://source.android.com/source/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z (CyanogenMod merged changes)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1286305 (rkflashtool)
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_device_rockchip_rk2818
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_device_rockchip_rk2918
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_external_skia/compare/gingerbread-naobsd (placeholder for patches to cherry-pick)
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_frameworks_base/compare/gingerbread-naobsd (placeholder for patches to cherry-pick)
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_packages_apps_TSCalibration
    https://github.com/naobsd/cm_system_vold/compare/gingerbread-naobsd (placeholder for patches to cherry-pick)
    https://github.com/naobsd/rkutils

* links
    http://www.arctablet.com/blog/archo...se-cm7-android-2-3-market-root-archos-7-htv2/ ARCHOS 7HTv2
    http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=57534 ARCHOS 7HTv2
    http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=55132 ARCHOS 7HTv2 (not updated?)
    http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=57832 Arnova 10
    http://www.forotablets.com/showthread.php/2190-New-CyanogenMod-V.7.1 bq Verne Plus
    http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1456249/last Yarvik TAB210
    * RK2818 issues
    some apps get FC
    no camera preview
    no UI to change USB mode
    no USB mass storage mode (mount from PC) under some condition

* RK2818 FAQ
    - how to make update.img
    http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?title=Dump_your_Home_Tablet_rom_and_create_a_custom_rom

- lags on initial boot
    please wait several seconds after calibration screen popped

- install failed on some apps (e.g. Angry Birds)
    remove SD card before install

- I want to change USB mode host<->device
    host mode:
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/dwc_otg/force_usb_mode
    device mode:
    Code:
    echo 0 > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/dwc_otg/force_usb_mode
    or, try this app: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19414868&postcount=543

- lags on 3D apps
    yes, there is no 3D hardware on RK2818

* RK2918 FAQ
    - boot.img in SDK2.0 based ROM
    in (some of) SDK2.0 based ROMs, new format is used for boot.img(and recovery.img). it's almost same as standard android boot.img format. it has both kernel and ramdisk.
    in general, unpackbootimg/mkbootimg can be used to unpack/repack for this format. but it doesn't work with boot.img for RK2918 tablets. Rockchip uses non-standard way to generate hash value which is stored in header of boot.img. if you flashed repacked boot.img, your tablet will go into recovery mode. it means we can't make customized boot.img(ramdisk).
    but there is workaround. we can convert SDK2.0 boot.img into pre-SDK2.0 format.
    Code:
    $ unpackbootimg -i boot.img
    $ rkcrc -k boot.img-zImage kernel.img
    $ rkcrc -k boot.img-ramdisk.gz ramdisk.img
    then flash kernel.img into kernel partition, and ramdisk.img into boot partition.

- accelerometer tweaks
    for Yuandao N50DT
    Code:
    accelerometer.flip_xy=1
    accelerometer.invert_x=1
    accelerometer.invert_z=1

* common FAQ
    - no gapps
    download gapps for CM7 and add files in zip into system.img

- how to use internal NAND flash as SD card?
    Settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Application -> Use internal storage -> On -> reboot
    if enabled, internal NAND flash is mounted on /mnt/sdcard and SD card is mounted on /mnt/nand.

- I like portrait / my favorite portrait apps are upside down / accelerometer axes are wrong on some apps
    make /data/local.prop with following 3 lines, then reboot.
    Code:
    accelerometer.hwrotation=270
    input.hwrotation=270
    ro.sf.hwrotation=270

- I want to do calibration again
    delete following files if exist, reboot, run calibration app, then reboot again
    Code:
    /data/misc/pointercal
    /data/misc/idc/*
    Awesome, so does anyone have a img file for the arnova 10b? Its taking way to long for the archos devs to release a stable rom.

Sending a PM to you and tlyonstlyons with a link to my 10b 'port'. I was mistaken earlier when I linked to the froyo kasty rom. This is the eclair kasty rom with the capacitive screen working. I have some work to do to get it rooted, but most things work and it's a bit faster than the stock rom.

I tried with the froyo kasty rom and things are actually slower. It probably needs some settings tweaked. I am able to run Netflix for a short time and get sound, but no video.
    Here is my experience with Arnova 10b...

I could get it fully functional with a few tweaks:

1. I used Dump_your_Home_Tablet_rom_and_create_a_custom_rom guide to modify the system image and replace TSCalibration.apk with the one from the oficial update.
    2. Modified the build.prop and added:

ro.build.touchscreen=1

(not sure does this make any difference, but comment says this should be set for the capacitive touchscreens)

3. A also had problems with the WiFi (actually the problem is with the dhcpd). I fixed the permissions /etc/dhcpd/dhcpd-run-hooks which seem to be improperly set:

sudo chmod 555 /etc/dhcpd/dhcpd-run-hooks

(also /etc/dbus.conf was not readable by everyone and I changed that too)

4. At the end the biggest problem was making the TSCalibration for the capacitive screen to run at boot time. I still didn't find a solution for this, but I'm using the following workaround using the adb:
    - after flashing the new rom I connect the tablet to the PC and run:

adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.rockchip.tscalibration/.TSCalibration

This enables the touchscreen and everything works just fine. In case the tablet is already locked you could unlock it with:

adb shell input keyevent 82

My knowledge on the android system is pretty limited and I'll appreciate if somebody can tell me how can I permanently solve the TSCalibration problem.

Oh... and for the accelerometer I needed only sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1 in the /data/local.prop.
    ...Also by default the internal memory is mounted to /mnt/nand and if you want to use it as a default storage to install apps on it you need to edit /etc/vold.fstab to look like that:

dev_mount flash /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/mtdblock8
    dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/external_sd auto /devices/platform/rk28_sdmmc0/mmc_host/mmc0
    dev_mount usb /mnt/usb auto /devices/platform/dwc_otg/usb1

I hope that helps... And fun_ thanks for sharing! ;)
    Anybody else with the arnova 10b, tried it yet?

Got the Arnova 10b 8gb with the capacitive screen, here's where I'm at.

Try 1: Used AFPTool to unpack the official 3.6.0 update.img from Archos, replaced boot.img and system.img with the ones from AndroTab, repacked with AFPTool and flashed.

Result: Boots CM7 to the calibration screen. Screen is completely unresponsive. No hardware "back" button to try skipping calibration. Flashed back to 3.6.0 with RKAndroidBatchUpgrade.

Try 2: Used NewTuxFlash to remove TSCalibration.apk from system.img, repacked with AFPTool and flashed.

Result: Boots CM7 to home screen. Screen is still completely unresponsive. Flashed back to 3.6.0.

So, now I'm stuck. I suspect that I need the screen calibration tool from the official 3.6.0 update but NewTuxFlash doesn't want to open the system.img file from the official update or from the dump I made from my tablet using rkdump. I thought it should be able to open the one from my rkdump, but maybe I did something wrong... I'll try using rkutils under Linux later today.